It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Nation May be Going Nuclear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Alright who is it? Just off the top of my head, the possibilities are Saudi, Jordan, Syria, and Egypt. I don't think any of the gulf states could pull it off. Jordan would be a Huge surprise and would be the least likely Arab state to go nuclear. Syria is a contender they probably do have access to info and tech via former Iraqi Ba'athists and would fit nicely into the Axis of evil meme for those looking for the next fight. There is no question Saudi could easily afford to either buy outright or develop the expertise necessary to make a deliverable weapon. I almost forgot about Libya, but I think it is unlikely given the recent thawing of relations with the West. Egypt would be a dark horse as far as a nuke, but if Pakistan can build one Egypt could too.

If Saudi were to declare they had nuclear weapons I would think it would mean that they no longer believe that the US will be able to defend them from a belligerent Iran or other regional threat.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Actually it's been rumored only the Great Rudy knows and will be offering a million dollar prize to who can use and prove their psychic powers to guess the answer!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

OK, I was right to say "excuse my ignorance" then, LOL

But really that's just using technicalities for fear mongering, to make it seem like Muslims don't have nuclear capabilities already. Also, all Muslim nations hate eachother. Every single one. That's they don't form an Arab union. That's why they have their own nations.

And furthermore, I have a lot of friends in Pakistan, and they would be pretty offended if you told them they weren't Arab. Also almost every single person in the country can read and speak Arabic.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... I'd say they were an Arab nation.

There are a lot of Arabs and Asians in Pakistan. For instance many of the indeginous Afghanis are not Arab but Asian where as the Taliban is primarily Arab.

Most of them are people who came to Pakistan and Afghanistan to fight against the Soviets in Afghanistan, or the religious Madras Schools in Pakistan.

There is even a small community of American and European White Muslims living in Pakistan.

It's kind of a magnet for the whole East versus West, Christian versus Muslim War and it has skewered the graphics.

The nations actually lie though in Asia Minor and the people born their from ancestors born there are considered Asian. There are a whole lot of Arabs who have immigrated though.

Now you know a little more!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

So, it is most likely the Saudis. However, I could be way off, but given their role in world with oil production, and the capital derived by such business, it makes sense. Now, if it is true and it goes public, the US once again finds itself the monkey in the middle in terms of politics in the region.

Saudi Arabia sure does seem to be the golden child in more ways than one when it comes to U.S. Policies.

Saudis are alleged to carry out 9-11 we attack Afghanistan.

The Saudis behead a child rapist we applaude here in America.

The Iranians behead a child rapist and it's proof positive of a murderous regime!

It's a very strange world Jakes!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Misoir

Turkey might be a good bet as might Oman, Morracco or Tunisia.

Great speculation friend, thanks for putting your thinking cap on!

please excuse my ignorance too, but Turkey is very far from being Arabic. Turkish to Arabic is like Spanish to English. at least language-wise.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

The Turks do speak Turkish and I am not entirely sure whether Turkey is in Southern Europe or Asia Minor.

Quite a few Islamic nations are simply assumed to be Arabs because they either...

A. Have Belly Dancers!
B. Eat CousCous!
C. Have women who wear bells on their ankles!
D. Eat Pita Bread
E. Are Muslims!

Personally I think we ought to ditch the War on Terror for a WAR FOR BELLY DANCERS...but hey that's just me!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Turkey sits on the edge of Europe and Asia. There is a bridge that goes between, Istanbul is a very beautiful city and the people are very friendly.

It can be a bit dangerous as it is on a political and ideological tectonic plate so to speak but worth a visit. I don't think the nukes will be going there though, Saudi is still my best bet for the day.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust

Turkey sits on the edge of Europe and Asia. There is a bridge that goes between, Istanbul is a very beautiful city and the people are very friendly.

It can be a bit dangerous as it is on a political and ideological tectonic plate so to speak but worth a visit. I don't think the nukes will be going there though, Saudi is still my best bet for the day.

Thanks for that information friend. I know Turkey is making inroads into the Western Textiles market and is becoming more and more politically Westernized since joining the EU.

I have known some nice people from Turkey over the years and recently say a movie that featured some scenes from Istanbul. The roof top sidewalks I thought were very beautiful as well as intriquing.

Could be Saudi Arabia, I don't know about you, but I really hate it how nations will do things like acquire Nuclear Weapons with out at least telling me first!

Of course my number is unlisted, my bad!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just to put it out there, there was some talk during the Iraq invasion that Saddam had shipped his WMD kit to Syria prior to the US invasion. I don't believe this myself but if he did then the Syrians might have been able to continue any work the Iraqis had started.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Just to put it out there, there was some talk during the Iraq invasion that Saddam had shipped his WMD kit to Syria prior to the US invasion. I don't believe this myself but if he did then the Syrians might have been able to continue any work the Iraqis had started.

Israel did though bomb suspected Syrian nuclear facilities last year.

The Syrian deny they were nuclear facilities and the Sweedish authorities who investigated the bombed facility don't believe that they were nuclear facilities.

So it's possible I suppose it's Syria but Israel has been looking long and hard at it.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If you look at this from the play of the TPTB you will note that it is setup as another fear and division tactic. By fearing our fellow man, by thinking that we are different and separate from them you create a drama.

by the way Iranians don't like to be called Arabs because they are not. Iranians are Aryans or most commonly known persians.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by true-life

I agree that this is Powers that Be manipulation.

Its an attempt to start another slighty lukewarm to warm, Cold War!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join