It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George H.W. Bush Gets Heckled In A Restaurant(Warning: Cursing)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueminatti

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
To sit there and scream NWO just makes him look like a whackjob.

So what did it make Bush look like when he announced his plan for an NWO live on tv in front of the country? You owe it to yourself to do some more research.

Good job taking a three word sound bite from a speech before a joint session of Congress and inferring the meaning of the term without the context of the speech. Speaking of research as you put it, maybe you need to be a little more thorough with yours.

The consequences of the conflict in the Gulf reach far beyond the confines of the Middle East. Twice before in this century, an entire world was convulsed by war. Twice this century, out of the horrors of war hope emerged for enduring peace. Twice before, those hopes proved to be a distant dream, beyond the grasp of man.

Until now, the world we’ve known has been a world divided – a world of barbed wire and concrete block, conflict and cold war.

Now, we can see a new world coming into view. A world in which there is the very real prospect of a new world order. In the words of Winston Churchill, a "world order" in which "the principles of justice and fair play ... protect the weak against the strong ..." A world where the United Nations, freed from cold war stalemate, is poised to fulfil the historic vision of its founders. A world in which freedom and respect for human rights find a home among all nations.

Wow, viewed not just as a three word sound bite, and within the context of the actual speech it carries a much different meaning than you inferred doesn't it?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, there could have been a better way to handle this scenario, but, given the amount of time that he had, I'm sure he would have never have gotten the chance to say what he wanted otherwise.

The secret service isn't too keen on the general public having access to former presidents, therefore, I think what had happened could not have happened any other way. What's done is done, so, I don't think it does us any good to speculate on the "what if's."

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by highlyoriginal

No, many of the people here would actually grovel and beg for scraps.

I wish I could destroy you for this statement...except for the fact that you have a point and you're absolutely correct.

Its true, look at all the people who still believe the lies, the inconsistencies, and the blatant misuse and robbery of American tax dollars right before our very eyes. And, this came while the economy was/is sinking (BAILOUTS). And people still actually believe that the government is working for them.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
First off, I dare say that Bush Sr. is most certainly NOT Bush Jr. Not that I have much against Bush Jr. anyways (As quite a few on here do), but people should be aware of the distinction nonetheless.

Second, wow, what a classy guy! Cursing and make a scene at a public restaurant, while chiding a guy for allegedly being a "bad" person? The individual making this video has absolutely no class, and he sounds utterly ignorant and illiterate.

I understand that not everyone agrees when it comes to politics and what not, but acting like an illogical raving lunatic serves no purpose other than hurting any legitimate criticism which someone else might bring about in regards to such.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Which is worse resorting to foul language or creating situations where you, your children and your childrens children will live in a state of bondage and fear? So it's ok for the Bush Cabal to do what they do, but as soon as someone shows anger and disgust they've lost cred? Why should Bush be afforded any respect?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

If your children were present, how would you feel? Ignorant behavior has no place in public.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueminatti

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
This guy is an ass... it's one thing be angry... it's another to be obnoxious...

This guy was frankly obnoxious.

I couldn't stand GWB, couldn't wait to be rid of him... but to put so much hate into one person? Might as well build a shrine to them, cause that's pretty much the result of all that energy.

Out of curiosity, would you say the people who lynched Saddam were being obnoxious? But cursing at the American equivalent is overboard?

Yes they were also off their rockers...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What he was saying is so true. But he came off as an ass. His video would have had so much more impact if he would have remained calm. He lost all his credibility when he started swearing and losing his cool. It would have been a great video to have if he would have remained calm.
On different thought, I wonder if the ole Bush clan retaliated against the guy for confronting him? I wonder if there will be a large tax audit in his future? LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I have an answer for that, but before I answer I'd like for you to answer the questions presented in the following post. Thanks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Montanamana

People have remained calm for years now and what exactly has that accomplished? Absolutely nothing.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
While what the guy is saying is true he comes off as a conspiracy nutjob. Why not talk about the economy, and specifics like misleading the public on the wars etc. To sit there and scream NWO just makes him look like a whackjob. I would have talked about the stimulus, the wars, the unemployment, wallstreet and things that are much more tangible.

i see what you're saying but how long do you think bush is going to talk with this guy regardless of what he says/ 10 seconds maximum lol and it's highly unlikely unless he's saying how great he was for the country and if he can get is autograph that he would even let him remain remotely close. it wasn't a 3 hour slot on a talk show where he can discuss the specifics of the economy and wars, it was a chance to say 10 words. whether he could have said something better or not is one thing, but in 10 words it's pretty hard to say much a great deal more useful than that. IF the conspiracies ar true then talking of nwo will be understood by bush anyway, so why even waste your time acting likethe conspiracies arent true if you believe they are and he's in on them?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Obama didn't inherit all of the problems he has, some were of his own creation. He hasn't been what he himself has said he would be, nor done what he said he was going to do......there are those who think he will go down in history as one of the worst presidents. Therefore it seems likely he's going to recieve the same kind of treatment, will we see the same kind of responses when this happens?
So whether you, I, or anyone else thinks he is a murderer, pushing the NWO, or is the cause of some of todays problems, that's a reason to be uncivil in a public place? Alot of the problems in todays world stem from a lack of civility, common sense, and manners. If this behavior is acceptable to you, well we really are different people.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
At least Bush had class while being responsible for so many deaths...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
What a complete tool. The actions of a ten year old. Someone who is simply an attention whore (why grab the camera) and completely immature when it comes to social situations. The guy needs to get a life.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
*sigh* .... This is why I hate conspiracy theorist. I mean, I think it's great someone has the balls to yell at Bush, or any political figure....... I just wish, at least once in a while.. it was an intelligent rational person, not some ignorant conspiracy nut job.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
If your children were present, how would you feel? Ignorant behavior has no place in public.

Ultimately, I agree with the idea of holding politicians to account...but I think the guy was way over the top. He could have said his piece in a civilised manner, and it would have been more effective in the long run. As is, he was showboating for the benefit of the camera he was holding...IMHO.

I'm betting it wouldn't have played out that way in a world without Youtube.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

How true.............youtube has it's pros and cons. I know personally I wouldn't appreciate actions like this while we were eating out.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Sounds like this guy has an IQ slightly below room temperature, and a tendency to take out his frustrations on others for his own deficiencies. Nothing he said meant anything other than for being offensive, which is probably at the pinnacle of his intelligence.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Anybody that supports this video is an idoit! You people are CRAZY, with a capital CRAZY!

The guy's foriegn policy sucked, but the people that got smoked while he was in office aren't his fault or his burden, it is the burden of the American public, who through support for the War on Terrorism caused Congress to bring the guns a blazin! Democrats and Republicans BOTH voted unanimously for the War!

LOVE IT!

Do you actually think one man is that powerful, and unchecked, you are sorely mistaken!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Obama didn't inherit all of the problems he has, some were of his own creation.

It was never implied that Obama inherited all of his problems nor was it stated. In fact, what I did previously state, pages ago was, “Most of the madness we're in right now is INHERITED...” please pay attention to the word “most”. In addition, I previously said, "why is it you fail to address the fact that Obama inherited the majority of problems his administration currently faces?" So what is our keyword in this gem? Majority. With that being said why are you telling me about Obama not inheriting all of his problems when I've previously said that the most/majority were inherited? Most and majority does not imply "all", so why are you mentioning this? Moreover, why aren't you answering the question?

He hasn't been what he himself has said he would be, nor done what he said he was going to do......

First of all, he is a politician who’s agenda is to serve the elite. Second of all, he is a human being. Why are you putting so much emphasis on his words? You people want a candy messiah to do everything for you because you want to continue living a façade and pretending as if the world is peachy. However, let us say for the sake of argument that he wasn’t a puppet, the man hasn’t even served two years yet so at least people can give him some time.

there are those who think he will go down in history as one of the worst presidents.

So? How are these people remotely important? Do they influence foreign policy? Do they decide when we go to war or not? Do they decide how much of your income is taxed?

Therefore it seems likely he's going to recieve the same kind of treatment, will we see the same kind of responses when this happens?

I’ve addressed this in previous posts. Everything is speculation at this point. However, what isn’t speculation is the amount of death threats he’s received.

So whether you, I, or anyone else thinks he is a murderer, pushing the NWO, or is the cause of some of todays problems, that's a reason to be uncivil in a public place?

In your opinion he was uncivil. In my opinion he was doing the right thing at the right time. He has his views, he spoke out in regards to those views, and given the time allotted, he did the best thing he could. Sometimes you have to bend the rules and go against the grain if you want to be heard or respected in this world, and if it means being harsh, disrespectful or uncivil so be it. There is a time and place for everything and that was the time and place for him to do what he did.

Alot of the problems in todays world stem from a lack of civility, common sense, and manners.

True. See above, and as previously asked, why should Bush be afforded any respect?

If this behavior is acceptable to you, well we really are different people.

It’s obvious we are two different people. I’m EMPIRE, a person that is not here to bash Obama, has remained on topic, has answered questions and has yet to rely on a fallacy to prove my position. You on the other hand? Well you’re constantly off topic, have yet to answer the majority of questions asked of you, questions which are logical and derived from your own posts, and have used straw man and red herrings to increase your post and star count.

Yes we are two different people.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join