It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infectious diseases mutating at alarming rate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Infectious diseases mutating at alarming rate

www.miamiherald.com

The most lethal infectious diseases on the planet are mutating at an alarming rate worldwide. The reason: Overuse and misuse of the drugs that were supposed to save us.

BY MARGIE MASON AND MARTHA MENDOZA
Associated Press
LANTANA -- It started with a cough, an autumn hack that refused to go away.

Then came the fevers. They bathed and chilled the skinny frame of Oswaldo Juarez, a 19-year-old Peruvian visiting to study English. His lungs clattered, his chest tightened and he ached with every gasp. During a wheezing fit at 4 a.m., Juarez felt a warm knot rise from his throat. He ran to the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
More bad news on the potential shape of things to come being reported here, as infectious diseases once easily treated with antibiotics are no longer stopping their spread and acceleration.

While many people will perhaps correctly argue that it is simply the mutation of these diseases through successive generations of being exposed to antibiotics and developing resistance to them one might choose to wonder how the big pharmaceutical companies might be involved in this disturbing and increasingly deadly development.

Most of the problem exists in the third world where it’s theorized misuse of antibiotics by presumably undereducated peoples and counterfeit weaker and ineffective dosages have given diseases like T.B., Malaria, and HIV a leg up on the drugs.

When one stops to consider that the people suffering the most right now from this calamity are those people deemed as ‘Worthless Eaters’ by the Powers that Be and the Powers that Be, own, control, and regulate the distribution of big pharmaceuticals is it possible that they are deliberately conspiring to give altered dosages to these third world populations knowing that it will lead to their deaths. Over one million Cambodians died of Malaria last year and over 5% of the HIV cases in Africa now are resistant to any kind of drug treatment.

As this story illustrates International Air Travel is allowing things like a super resistant form of highly contagious T.B. that is sought to be untreatable to start migrating slowly into the first world?

Conspiracy or happenstance?

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

He ran to the bathroom sink and spewed a mouthful of blood.

``I'm dying,'' he told himself, ``because when you cough blood, it's something really bad.''

It was really bad, and not just for him.

Doctors say Juarez's incessant hack was a sign of what they have both dreaded and expected for years -- this country's first case of a contagious, aggressive, especially drug-resistant form of tuberculosis. The Associated Press learned of his case, which until now has not been made public, as part of a six-month look at the soaring global challenge of drug resistance.

Why hasn’t it been made public till now? Is the public not actually at risk of these things?

Mid last year there was a small isolated outbreak in Florida of rare and deadly form of Meningitis that kills within 24 hours of the onset of the infection. It’s treatable but only if the infected person gets medical help within that narrow 24 hour window.

BY FRED TASKER
[email protected]
Miami-Dade health officials are warning residents about a rare and deadly strain of meningitis that has killed four people in South Florida and infected eight others in the past six months.

The strain, called W135, is fast-acting and can kill a person within hours of symptoms arising, said Dr. Vincent Conte, senior physician at the Miami-Dade Department of Health.

One might even wonder if while the Swine Flu panic that many feel is being orchestrated as well as not turning out to be the crisis that the Government and World Health Organization claimed it would be is just something to keep our eyes fixated and off other potentially far more deadly diseases being slowly introduced into our population for culling our numbers?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

My sister and I had talks about what goes on in hospitals (she works for one) with the new arrange of super bugs this super bugs are actually been contracted more in hospitals and health care facilities than in the streets.

She tells me that the medical community have the solution but they are doing nothing about it.

It will required to demolish entire hospitals and health facilities and start from the ground up.

And as for big pharma they no longer are in the business of finding cures because that is no profitable anymore, so the research on new antivirals and antibacterials are not priority

We recently lost a very nice elderly man that we have know for years during the holidays do to contracting Pneumonia in the hospital while he was treated for respiratory problems, while he was taken into the emergency room for his pneumonia the treatment they used on him cause him to have massive hart attack within minutes of the treatment.

This happening to the elderly now a days too often, they go for treatments and either contract dificult to treat pneumonia while in the hospital and die from hart attacks after treatments.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks for sharing that marg6043, as always you have a lot of information and an inside track on these things.

Isn’t it amazing that during the height of the Cold War they tore down a brand new never used U.S. Embassy when it was found to be so riddled with KGB electronic bugging devices that they had no hope of ferreting them all out and creating a secure communications environment from spying?

It costs hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars to build the first facility and then tear it down to build a second facility free of bugs.

Are U.S. Diplomats and State Secrets seemed to be worth that kind of price but evidently not the U.S. Citizens themselves!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Sometimes I wonder when I read more and more on how the elderly are fearing with hospital contracted pneumonia if this all but to get rid of those that are not longer in productive years, while keeping those that are productive into big pharma hold with treatments rather than cures.

Sad, it was quite a shock to learn after the new years weekend that our elderly friend and frequent custumer of our local starbucks (he was there every day while his grandson was in preschool) as he was raising the child, passed away during the weekend,we just talked to him the day before new years eve, he and my daughter were swapping recipes on pecan pie.

We knew he had a very concerning cough but so many people during this time of the year does too.

So sad.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If you want to live and be healthy STAY OUT OF THE HOSPITALS IN THE USA! Im an RN and I work in acute care on a stroke unity. The stuff I see is disgusting and makes me ashamed to be working in healthcare. I mean my god people come into the hospital in bad shape and lots of times leave in worse shape. I don't care what ANYONE says about doctors but they don't give a crap about patients. They are minions of the AMA and FDA and government bureaucracy. I guess it's not really their fault as they would lose their livelihood if they actually fought or spoke out. But all many doctors to these days (except for trauma surgeons) in hospitals is provide drugs and protocols of drug regimens. That's pretty much it. I've been an RN for two years and I love my job but it's all the other crap the bureaucracy, the inefficiency, the disorganization, that is so hard to deal with. I want out of this profession but unfortunately I'm stuck in it right now.

I'm reading two amazing books right now.......The Great Cholesterol Con by Anthony Calpo and Politics in Healing by Daniel Haley. I suggest everyone read these two fascinating books.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It is very sad and I am so sorry to hear about you and your friend’s loss. He sounds like a wonderful man who gave a lot to the people he loved and surrounded them.

My own elderly mother is having difficulties beating a bout with thrush because it is resisting all the treatments. She has been in the hospital going on four weeks now with a 50/50 prognosis of surviving it. If they can’t beat the infection she will die, if they can she will live a few more years hopefully.

She is lucky in that she has excellent insurance coverage so naturally they are doing everything the can for her.

It would be interesting to do a study of the elderly on private medical insurance and the elderly on Medicare to see if people with similar diseases get similar treatment based on what the private insurers will pay for and what Medicare will pay for.

It really does seem to me people who can be profitably slowly killed with a regimen of expensive treatments and drugs are and people who have no resources meet a much quicker fate.

Considering the sometimes prolonged suffering inflicted on that first group for that profit I wonder if it’s the second group or not that is more fortunate?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's not just antibiotics that are causing this. GM-agrobacterium is causing cross-species, cross-kingdom, & cross-superkingdom transfer of genes. Soficrow shows work here on ATS which leads her to believe that a "self-organizing criticality" was reached over a decade ago, and is basically accelerating by the moment. Every organism on this planet seems to be evolving at unprecedented rates. The microorganisms fastest, then plants, then animals. This is the age of transgenics. Mutate, adapt, and evolve...or die! That's the choice we're up against atm. Their are some natural remedies which do work for these superbugs. Essential oils are a must these days.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I also believe after researching the subject for many years is that human beings all over the world have much weaker immune systems than they did 50-60 years ago before all the atomic tests in the United States. Obviously this is more true here in the US. But I think due to the radiation emitted during the 50s etc. is one reason people are sicker and cancer is on the rise. It's also why some drugs just don't work as well anymore in my opinion. People are just not as robust. Our food is crap due to monoculture farming and we eat like crap as well, Young kids are fed complete crap nowadays. I can only imagine what their health is going to be like in their golden years.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is such a huge and frightening issue. It's bad enough in places (like the U.S.) where things like antibiotics are so freely prescribed even for conditions they're not effective in. You brought up another point that I've been pondering lately -- what's the effect of over-the-counter sales in other countries.

On the one hand, people in such places often have very little access to regular health care, and being able to treat something like a bacterial diarrhea by just consulting with the local pharmacist is life-saving. But on the other, less oversight seems likely to lead to more antibiotic (and other medication) abuse -- not taking the full course, for instance, or just getting the wrong (or unnecessary) medication.

edit to add: not to mention, as you point out, lower-quality medication to begin with

[edit on 1/11/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Screw the antibiotics. Give her some wild oregano oil. Take this for two weeks. Swish in mouth for a minute, then swallow. It burns, but does the trick. Two or three times daily for two weeks. Then switch to probiotics. Switch to different brands every day. Many strains. Continue for two weeks. Repeat until cleared.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your elderly mother, have you research on natural cures to see if that can be used along with the medical care to see if can help?

Sometimes certain toxins in the body (mostly cause by prescription drugs) can cause an adverse reaction in the body rather than help cure or treat but doctors will never let you know and will keep treatment regardless.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

This bring the issue of vaccinations in the US, we are the most vaccinated nation in the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Screw the antibiotics. Give her some wild oregano oil. Take this for two weeks. Swish in mouth for a minute, then swallow. It burns, but does the trick. Two or three times daily for two weeks. Then switch to probiotics. Switch to different brands every day. Many strains. Continue for two weeks. Repeat until cleared.

Thanks for the advice and I will pass that along, and I have offered some similiar recomendations but sadly we are dealing with a generation that really believes doctors and science no best, and in an environment where doctors and science basically have her hostage to what they wish to do.

Part of the problem is when people get sick and know they aren't well and aren't getting better they look to the medical establisment with both blind hope and trust.

That of course just leads to a situation that can lead to abuse and manipulation and profit simply for the sake of profit.

Thanks very much though for the suggestion I shall definately pass it along.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sorry to hear about your elderly mother, have you research on natural cures to see if that can be used along with the medical care to see if can help?

Sometimes certain toxins in the body (mostly cause by prescription drugs) can cause an adverse reaction in the body rather than help cure or treat but doctors will never let you know and will keep treatment regardless.

I have Marg and we recently lost a family member to lung cancer where I did a lot of research on alternatives all of which were rejected by the doctors and the family after being told they would simply thwart and complicate their treatments from having any success.

Sadly half the battle in these cases is against the doctors and medical community who's titles and equipment and words and methedology often seems more factual and hopeful to the sick and frightened who they really do pressure to not try these things.

It's very frustrating but I try to keep in mind it's not my life on the line that's effected by the decision.

I believe in natural cures and also that the body will correct most things on its own given proper rest, diet and time, and that a lot of what modern medicine does is interfere with that process in a way that just worsens and prolongs as well as creates other medical problems.

Most people place their trust in that system though and getting them to switch horses in my own experience is no easy task!

I keep trying though.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Antibiotics is indeed the primary reason for this.

There are only a limited number of Antibiotics that we can use (@148 I believe). The use of Antibiotics is causing reverse Darwinism.

When an infectious disease hits a population, some will die, but those that survive will pass their immunities down to subsequent generations, causing the disease to eventually be harmless.

However, to save the lives of the few we use Antibiotics to cure diseases which in turn causes the majority of that bacteria to die, but those that survive pass their immunities down to subsequent generations, causing the disease to become a super-strain that is immune to treatment by Antibiotics.

In the end, in our compassion to save the lives of a few, our use of Antibiotics condemns many more to die eventually, as we unintentionally create super-strains of bacteria immune to the Antibiotics we used previously. It is short-sightedness and will ultimately be our undoing.

We have already seen this happen with TB. The newer strains of TB are now naturally resistant to Antibiotics and according to the WHO billions will die in the next decade due to this new TB strain. We are beginning to see it happen with other diseases as well. As long as we continue to rely on Antibiotics to save the few, instead of letting Darwinism run it's course, we will see this trend only accelerate and continue.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

If indeed true that is a pretty frightening scenario friend.

Will medical science find a way to over come it or are we facing a future of midevel black plaques again?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
yep, cant agree more with the above replies.

This was and is the reason i have NEVER took any kind of antibiotics.

Unless ive got a priest giving me the last rights ill ride the symptoms out using only natural remedies.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

You are right but look at this thread. No one would ever want to see their 70 or 80 year old nanny die from a simple thrush infection or bout of PNA. Trust me when an elderly person is sick in the hospital we throw just about everything we can at them as far as antibiotics. And many for pretty mundane infections. Many of us sit here and complain about how things are but when our loved ones are in a similar position how would we react?

I think it's older people who are using up all the antibiotics that is the problem. We spend SO MUCH money fighting disease and infections in older people who end up dying anyways from other complications. It's a very bumpy ethical road we are on right now in healthcare.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join