It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope slams gay marriage as 'attack' on creation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ok good points.

But at the same time, why are we being pushed to be "tolerant" of homosexuals, when highly contradictory behavior exists parallel to it??

People are being pushed to be Extremely Intolerant of Smokers, Overweight people, Religious folks, etc.

How can this be?

On one hand we should be tolerant of person A, while on the other hand we are highly intolerant and bigoted towards persons B, C, and D.

Anyone see this obvious contradiction of themes???

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

My best friends mom is gay, I love her to death, her and I have had this conversation many many many times. I think its Vile, But I still love her... Try that one on for size.

My Lord Commands me to Love my enemies, Like I would Love my Neighbor. I make no distinction between the two. I have my Opinions, I have my beliefs, and I will undoubtedly falter the rest of my life. But as long as hold true to the Lords teachings I’ll be A-OK

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

GREAT POST

GREAT, GREAT post

I wrestle with it too and find myself slipping back into old prejudices, particularly when the Gay Pride people parade down the main street of the city wearing next to nothing, oiled up and shaven, bananas hanging from the front of their super-sheer thongs while little children are dragged to the front to clap and cheer, by their parents who are probably trying to do the 'right thing' as far as denying prejudice is concerned, lol

On those occasions, I feel disgust with gays. Here they are, provided after so much struggle and fanfare, with a platform (gay parades) via which they have OPPORTUNITY to show and prove they are 'just like everyone else ' ... and what do they DO with it ? For some reason, they use these opportunities to demonstrate they're perverted, sex-obsessed exhibitionists !

So sure, I continue to wrestle with it. I still silently chastise myself for inwardly sneering at gays sometimes when they are needlessly and annoyingly exhibitionistic and demonstrate extreme poor taste

But then I remember all the decent and normal gays, who simply want to live a normal life, want to be happy, want to enjoy harmonious relationships in their neighbourhoods, at work, with their parents, siblings, etc.

Gays set us a challenge. No doubt their lives challenge them. But most of all, it's their life. And I'm pretty sure the average heterosexual wouldn't stand up to too stringent a scrutiny by the gay community either, a lot of the time

Live and let live. This was the jist of Christ's teachings. It was good advice back then and it's still good advice. We could all spend a lot more time removing the logs from our own eyes, instead of looking for splinters in gays' eyes and we need to remind ourselves of that

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Gay marriage attack on creation ?

More like the debunking of creation in action.

What the hell is wrong with these bloody buggering deluded xtains ?

Here we have a group of people that wear frocks avoid sex with females at all costs and encourage little boys to love an invisible frocked man in the sky !!!!

If I decide to become gay and "choose" to be married I would expect the same legal standing as any man and wife.
Woe betide any finger shaking bigot that would try and deny me this because an invisible man in the sky who created everything in the inverse (except my new fund sexuality it would seem) thinks I'm an abomination and would torture me for all eternity.

All this BS from gods chosen one that finds it necessary to have greater security than a freaking head of state.

Let's hope this old fart is the last of his breed and let's hope that the poor kids he allowed to be sexually abused see some justice before the bastard meets his maker.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I have seen that crap before, Its like how can we take you serioulsy when you do this nonsense.... But I hold fast to the Masters teachings, For we all fall short in the Glory of the Lord.... He shall judge man not me. ( and Trust me I try very hard not to, but sometimes people make it so hard.) =)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Don't all of the main religions teach this? At least they aren't hanging and stoning gay people like some other people.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Don't all of the main religions teach this? At least they aren't hanging and stoning gay people like some other people.

At the moment !

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

There is a BIG Difference between Catholics and Christians. Here is one
God does not want you to pray to other people or gods, But yet the Catholics are all too good for praying to saints.

Another one is Idolatry Praying and saying the rosary are in my opinion acts of Idolatry. The pope is not my leader Jesus is, my relationship with Jesus is mine, I know what he commands of us. Many People and its possible you are included in this twist the words of God so that they may feel better about how they live there life’s. And God gave you the Right to live it anyway you want to, If you so choose not to live by his laws to the best of your ability you will be punished, Just like any Child would be. And the Lord gives you many, many, many chances.

The Pedophile Priest you speak of have a special place in the Lords heart I believe and those Children will get there retribution one day. You who taunts that make-believe man in the sky, may want to hold your tongue, before long we may see his awesome power.

Or I could be wrong there is no heaven, we die and that’s it, we will not be remember by anyone because we are to unimportant to be remember, but men like Stalin and Hitler will forever remain immortal until man draws his last breathe on Gods Green Earth.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Which ones would that be?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Because there out dated to you does not make them outdated forevery one. I for one am Not a catholic but, I think gays are vile disgusting creatures. BUT, since my god teaches me that it is not my place to decide another mans fate, but his and his alone, I leave that to him.... And if I am wrong oh well nothing happens... If I am right well lets say that Some of you wont be around for me to say I told you so=)

That's not really the point. My point was Church has nothing to do with, and shouldn't have anything to do with, Secular law. "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s."

Seems pretty clear that the Bible wants a separation of Church and State, and while I find the Church and most Christian denomination's ignorant, delusional, corrupt, and vile, as a decent person I forgive them for their shortcomings and general ineptitude.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Exactly, due to the theory that the Vatican and the Pope are somehow alined with the Satan, every action means they are singled out for posts. The LDS, Baptists, Methodist, Evangelical and Presbyterian are just of the Christian faiths that do not condone either these unions or this way of life. The Anglican religion fracturing to a greater degree each time the topic is raised leading some conservative to abandon the faith in favour of others out of protest.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Do you know where that teaching came from? Jesus was talking to Pharisees(?) and they asked him what he thought of taxes, trying to trip him up because they wanted to kill him for his teachings.

Jesus asked for a coin, and he said you see who is on that coin, (Caesers was on that coin, and that’s when he said give what is Caesers to Caeser and God what is Gods... He did not mention anything about separation of church or state. We are Gods and that is what he came here to give God...

How do you get Separation from church and state out of that? Do you Cherry Pick the bible?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
My silly brain immediately finds this humorous in a roundabout way.
In the Bible he follows so devoutly (>.>) God created man in his image. Man, not males. So God created males and females in his image. Would that make God a hermaphrodite? If so, why would different sex organs matter at all?

Okay, but to clarify...God in the Bible says he is SPIRIT. Not flesh. So the concept that we are "created in God's image" is likely more complex than sex organs. The attributes we share with God (given that he is spirit and not flesh) are perhaps spiritual or other non-flesh attributes, e.g. love, self-awareness, designing/creating, problem-solving, among others.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

That's not really the point. My point was Church has nothing to do with, and shouldn't have anything to do with, Secular law. "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s."
Seems pretty clear that the Bible wants a separation of Church and State, and while .....

Well you make a good point. Maybe saying God wants separation is a bit too strong...but more perhaps that it is a fact that two separate parrallel "worlds" exist on earth and always will until the end. Star for you.

The Bible, taking the New Testmanent for example, is adament I believe in making a distinction between the Kingdom of God and the earthly, i.e. political, kingdoms. In addition to the quote you cite from Jesus, he said his kingdom is not of this Earth. This greatly disappointed, confused, and perplexed many persons who may have otherwise followed him, including perhaps Judas, his betrayer. It seems prior to Jesus, the general wisdom was that the messiah would be a political savior.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

There is a BIG Difference between Catholics and Christians.

Like the big difference between homosexuals an perverts ?

Here is one God does not want you to pray to other people or gods, But yet the Catholics are all too good for praying to saints.

What your god does or does not want is purely speculative and would be based entirely upon how you or (or what your pastor has told you) choose to interpreter the bibles.

The catholics (following the lie all the way back to saint paul) choose to interpretative the texts in a way that you don't, this makes them no more or less right than you.( or me come to think of it)

The pope is not my leader Jesus is, my relationship with Jesus is mine, I know what he commands of us.

Hm indeed -
'I tell you, that to everyone who has, more will be given; and from the one who does not have, even what he does have will be taken away. But bring here these enemies of mine, who did not want me to rule over them, and slaughter them in my presence.' "

Many People and its possible you are included in this twist the words of God so that they may feel better about how they live there life’s.

I don't twist the words of a god, I read old books and quote from them, no different to you or anyone else my friend.

How does it go ? -

"Six days?" "No that's not six of our days, gods' days are longer but I don't know how long"

And God gave you the Right to live it anyway you want to,

Amazing, I can live like a gay but have to make sure I'm straight when I die

If you so choose not to live by his laws to the best of your ability you will be punished, Just like any Child would be.

And which laws would they be ?

The Pedophile Priest you speak of have a special place in the Lords heart I believe and those Children will get there retribution one day

Not if the perpetrators seek forgiveness, which no doubt they do every time they bend jack over.

You who taunts that make-believe man in the sky, may want to hold your tongue, before long we may see his awesome power.

But you probably won't like the squillions of finger shakers that came before you.

I don't scare easily dude, there were never bogeymen in my closet or voices whispering in my head.

Or I could be wrong there is no heaven, we die and that’s it, we will not be remember by anyone because we are to unimportant to be remember, but men like Stalin and Hitler will forever remain immortal until man draws his last breathe on Gods Green Earth.

Is it so important to you, that you be remembered ? Why not build a statue to yourself while you are alive or get a facebook account?

Me ? Well I will live on in the memories of those that matter the most, my family. My genes will pass on as long as they do, needless to say the perverts in the churches have very little chance of genetic memory, so thank your god for small blessings eh ?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

I have read that over and over before and Always though it meant that Earth was for man, and those who followed Christ would reach Heaven in the end... I guess we viewed it differently but I did not take into account of the Jews and Rome either.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The attributes we share with God (given that he is spirit and not flesh) are perhaps spiritual or other non-flesh attributes, e.g. love, self-awareness, designing/creating, problem-solving, among others.

Amongst others, ah let's see -

jealous, vengeful, angry, psychotic, masochistic,misogynistic , homophobic,schizophrenic,hateful,racist

did I miss anything ?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

The attributes we share with God (given that he is spirit and not flesh) are perhaps spiritual or other non-flesh attributes, e.g. love, self-awareness, designing/creating, problem-solving, among others.

Amongst others, ah let's see -

jealous, vengeful, angry, psychotic, masochistic,misogynistic , homophobic,schizophrenic,hateful,racist

did I miss anything ?

Yeah, the most important....arrogant

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Very good point. I think the thing most of my fellow abrahimic-theists do not understand is that a secular government is what is preventing us from having some corrupt politician declare christianity, islam, or even Norse Mythology illegal and punishable by law. In fact the catholic church used to punish practicing christians for teaching out of the bible instead of Approved catholic doctrines. A separation of Church and state is vital to religious freedom.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
[Sarcasm on]

I think it's fair to say that, if I had a God, he would preach to me that Christians of any variety are 'vile and disgusting'. He wouldn't have an opinion on Gay folks.

You see, he would preach this, because thats exactly what I think. Except, I make up a God figure, and all sorts of bull, so that I can get away with being a racist, intolerant bigot.

So if anyone questions what I'm saying, I can turn around to them and say - "I'm only following my religions doctrines. I'm not an idiot bigot if my 'LORD' decrees these moronic ideas." Then I walk away chuckling childishly to myself, and think of more ways to be narrow-minded and bigoted. Perhaps telling people about my bigoted, moronic ways on the internet might be fun?

Yes, I think I'm ready to be a Papal figurehead for my new religion, which has a founding ideology of Christian hating. You know, feeding them to lions, Christian-bashing, exterminating them, raping their children, burning their houses down. The usual stuff.

Of course this is all strictly allegorical.

[Sarcasm off]

Parallex.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join