It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture, Manchurian Candidates and Abu Ghraib

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have only recently been exposed to the Manchurian Candidate conspiracy. Therefore, I am not an expert on the subject, however do feel that I have come up with a few connections that will require some help from fellow ATS members.

During the height of popularity among mainstream news, we learned Abu Ghraib's detainees underwent bizarre and ruthless tortures at the hands of hired mercenaries and un-named/un-authenticated mystery men. We have also seen the strength of action taken in order to hide this event from prying eyes; And has since, been relatively swept under the rug.

Water boarding, humiliation, hot/cold stresses and standing up straight for days at a time could be considered to be the 'initiation' into 'breaking down' an individual for proper mind manipulation. After years of torturing these men, they released some and kept others. They shuffled them around and now we are not certain as to where some of them are. Right?

Could we now have hundreds of Manchurian Candidates running around in the middle east, as well as within the surrounding regions? Human trafficking still seems to be a problem in the area, I'm wondering if all of these things could be interconnected somehow. Has anyone else thought about this as a possibility? Why trade missiles when you can trade unaware terrorist bombers?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
While the Manchurian Candidate explanation has a certain appeal, especially to those prone to blaming America for all ills on the planet, I would hazard that the 1,400 year long jihad to spread Islam has significantly more appeal because it is based on historical facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
While the Manchurian Candidate explanation has a certain appeal, especially to those prone to blaming America for all ills on the planet, I would hazard that the 1,400 year long jihad to spread Islam has significantly more appeal because it is based on historical facts.

I didn't intend to imply that the states are responsible for all attacks. As yes, many attacks can be clearly labeled as acts of jihad. I'm rather presenting a concept that may include some of the attacks are the result of complicated foreign policy actions and the military use of mcs. But good point.

join