It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very bad news from fallujah :((

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040525/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_islamic_fallujah

a strange situation - a former Saddam general (as I remember his name is gen. Latif) took control over local militia.Al Fallujah was sunni city and many high ranks Saddam officers were from fallujah.But Saddam regime wasn't very religious.So what is going on there???

About two weeks ago we heard voices that local leaders agreed with gen.Latif to cooperate with US.

I'm affraid that US is loosing control over the situation.US administration is hiding their heads because of elections and they want to wait "for better times"

And new radicals started to create their own mini Taliban.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by gattaca]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Falluja is the model for future Iraq...an islamic state.
Our president has lofty goals for democracy...well actually he doesn't seem to be pushing democracy as much, maybe Falluja has shown him what the Iraqis want.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Falluja is the model for future Iraq... maybe Falluja has shown him what the Iraqis want.

As much as I would love to see Iraq being democratic, I have to agree, the way things are going, and the reality of that part of the world is that the people want an Islamic state. The only two options I think we have, is to either send a lot more troops into Iraq and totally take control away from them, or to allow them to become an Islamic state, either way, in the end thats what Iraq will be, and probibly should be, because that is the way they want to live. I just hope that when they do become an Islamic state, they are not a radical form.

We are giving them way to much reason to become a radical form as it is. Our actions, although some might think its not a big deal, (you know who you are) are actually pushing democracy away from the people, and giving them a reason to hate us more than they already do.

Perhaps to win the hearts and minds we have to allow people to be as they want, and not as we want them to be.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Perhaps to win the hearts and minds we have to allow people to be as they want, and not as we want them to be.

It's not so easy.These radical muslims have "strenght" - they can do what they want.Because they have rifles,arms and they can even kill they oponents - and their families.No one from ordinary people can stand against them.It's like on the movies - they are these "bad" guys who can terrorize their enemies.

We have to use their weak points (for example sunnis vs shiites) to do what we wanted (we - people who supported this war).

And US must be strong.When US went to this war it was easy to predict that many good soldiers could die.But US did it.And after quick victory everybody thought that game was over.It wasn't.Especially now after so many scandals.

US started to do something really great,now it's time to finish this work.It's not time for any hasitation.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is exactly what i've been saying since the War in Afghanistan, Many of these strict islamic countries dont want democracies, and if you force democracy on people who dont want it, its a bit hypocritical. These cultures want islamic laws in place (to which degree obviously varies). And going in a killing thousands of civilians doesnt warm them to your cause. Afghanistan isnt too much of a success, the county is still controlled by tribal warlords (excpet the bigger cities) and iraq is heading the same way if not worse

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It has always been the goal of the Islamic Peoples to live in an Islamic State. Islamic terrorists have likewise always been obsessed with but one goal; Ridding the ancestral homeland of the Infidel. The Western World could easily end all islamic terror by abandoning Western influence in the region. Will that ever happen? NO! We want thier oil. We also want them to be more like us. Since we have the idea that WE have the ultimate form of society, we believe it to be some kind of imperative that we spread our "enlightened vision " to the rest of the Planet.

FUGETABOUTIT!!!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I agree. The Iraqi people should be allowed to vote the type of government they want. Islamic, okay. Democratic, okay. Democracy forced on an unwanting society is, by definition, not democracy.

[Edited on 5-25-2004 by Valhall]

top topics

join