It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is known about Alcyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm gonna do this a little backwards.

I'm asking this as a question instead of supporting a theory that I have.

Mods there is a reason I am posting this in 2012.

Thanks for leaving this thread here.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
No idea, but im now interested. ill search it up.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Context would be helpful.

Alcyone is...

a star system in the constellation Taurus. It is the brightest star in the Pleiades open cluster, which is a young cluster, aged at less than 50 million years. Alcyone is approximately 400 light years from Earth. It is named after the mythological figure Alcyone, one of the mythological Pleiades.

Alcyone is...

the daughter of Aeolus, either by Enarete or Aegiale. She married Ceyx, son of Eosphorus, the Morning Star.

Astrologically. Alcyone is significant in more ways than I feel like copy and pasting.

Here are some people claiming Alchemical and gnostic connections to Alcyone

Since this is a conspiracy board, note that the "Pleaides" could possibly be related to the "Pleiadeans" and that the "Morning Star" is one name for Lucifer.

Again, we need context. What do you want to know?

there is a reason I am posting this in 2012.

Then this tidbit may interest you:

The radiation of Alcyone’s rings exercises a specific influence upon the rotation of our planet. This signifies that the velocity of rotation over its axis will be slower, and as a consequence or corollary, our world will continue to rotate around the Sun in a wider orbit.

Therefore, do not take this following assertion as a strange statement: the igneous radiations or vivifying radiations of the atoms of Alcyone will come to alter the molecules of nature.

Once this radiation envelops the Earth, it will be tremendous, so tremendous that there will be no night for a duration of two thousand years. The whole Earth will be enveloped by this radiation, and in order to see, the light of the Sun will not be necessary. This radiation will illuminate even the deepest caverns, and for two thousand years there will be no night, but only one complete day without night.

Also note that a variety of sources 1 2 3 are claiming that our solar system is orbiting Alcyone, and that in 2012 Sol and Alcyone will be in a line with the center of our galaxy.

Also some sources claim that the Tzolk'in of the Mayan calendar...

is based on the cycles of the Pleiades. The cycle of the Pleiades uses 26,000 years, that the Sun orbiting Alcyone, the central star of the Pleiades, but is reflected in the calendar we are using by encompassing 260 days.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Context would be helpful.

Alcyone is...

a star system in the constellation Taurus. It is the brightest star in the Pleiades open cluster, which is a young cluster, aged at less than 50 million years. Alcyone is approximately 400 light years from Earth. It is named after the mythological figure Alcyone, one of the mythological Pleiades.

Alcyone is...

the daughter of Aeolus, either by Enarete or Aegiale. She married Ceyx, son of Eosphorus, the Morning Star.

Astrologically. Alcyone is significant in more ways than I feel like copy and pasting.

Since this is a conspiracy board, note that the "Pleaides" could possibly be related to the "Pleiadeans" and that the "Morning Star" is one name for Lucifer.

Again, we need context. What do you want to know?

there is a reason I am posting this in 2012.

Then this tidbit may interest you:

The radiation of Alcyone’s rings exercises a specific influence upon the rotation of our planet. This signifies that the velocity of rotation over its axis will be slower, and as a consequence or corollary, our world will continue to rotate around the Sun in a wider orbit.

Therefore, do not take this following assertion as a strange statement: the igneous radiations or vivifying radiations of the atoms of Alcyone will come to alter the molecules of nature.

Once this radiation envelops the Earth, it will be tremendous, so tremendous that there will be no night for a duration of two thousand years. The whole Earth will be enveloped by this radiation, and in order to see, the light of the Sun will not be necessary. This radiation will illuminate even the deepest caverns, and for two thousand years there will be no night, but only one complete day without night.

All of this is pertinent to the question.

There were two eclipses: one of the Sun, and the other of the Moon.

The full moon reflects the light of the sun.

The moon is on a 28 day cycle. Women are on a 28 day cycle.

I am asking this in the 2012 forum, because I think something major will occur in 2012 that will affect the entire world.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I am asking this in the 2012 forum, because I think something major will occur in 2012 that will affect the entire world.

...ok, but I hope there's more than that to the theory you mentioned in your initial post.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

...ok, but I hope there's more than that to the theory you mentioned in your initial post.

There is.

Thanks for contributing.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
No idea - getting this bad boy on watch though.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Dam! doesnt that little squirrel guy ever get loaded and pass out? Hes been pounding Guiness for a while on here. I think its time you have an intervention for him.

2012 and Alcyone? I have no clue. Menstrual cycles and 2012?? I have no idea and now Im intrigued. Please elaborate so I have an idea of what's going on here? It sounds rather interesting.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Dam! 2012 and Alcyone? I have no clue. Menstrual cycles and 2012?? I have no idea and now Im intrigued. Please elaborate so I have an idea of what's going on here? It sounds rather interesting.

You understand that alot of what appears on ATS has already occured.

Thanks for understanding.

As far as the mentrual cycle, I'm wondering if women are more sensitive to changes the earths gravitational field.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The link you posted...

Alchemical and gnostic connections to Alcyone

...explains it all best. It ties in global warming cycles, polar shift, and some astrological predictions for 2012. I highly recomend reading that link to understand what the OP is getting at.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yeah that's not a bad idea. Women seem to be extremely sensitve when it comes to those types of cycles. I have always been fascinated with the fact that 2 women with different menstrual cycles can "sync" their cycles through spending time together. It really is fascinating stuff. whatever the cause, there are many things concerning the human body that we are far from completely understanding.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

The syncing things is not a good thing. Atleast in my house. When you get 3 females in a synced cycle, the males tend to hide out from the fall-out. As for being more sensitive to outside changes, that is a good possibility. Not only are the females synced in this house, we all get our monthly friend on the full moon. Also, three of my siblings were born on a full moon. The others were born during hurricanes.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rhiannonslair

I can imagine lol. I don't blame them for hiding out. That is too funny.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Right, I'm just going to Jump on the end here..

I've just been outside UK time 23:00 and the night sky is amazing, I'm in Wrexham, North Wales by the way.
I let my dog out this time every night and just stare at the stars for 15mins..
I noticed this strange cluster close to Taurus. The middle brighter star seemed still(nothing odd there) but several lighter "stars" appeared to be swarming all round it! I couldn't believe it, I have an iPhone 4 and te video zoom can't even detect the usual stars..anyway I have an app called skywalk, which pointed at this cluster came up with Alcyone and several other stars in the cluster.
Do they appear to move to anyone else? This is the 1st I've heard if this star and typed into search on here, brought me to this topic. Now I'm going to read all previous posts

To me though, I honestly think I've seen a frigging family of UFOs swarming around in the constellation of Taurus - amazing sky tonight! Oh and a shooting star flew just to the left of them (earths defense system maybe) xD

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Yeah that's not a bad idea. Women seem to be extremely sensitve when it comes to those types of cycles. I have always been fascinated with the fact that 2 women with different menstrual cycles can "sync" their cycles through spending time together. It really is fascinating stuff. whatever the cause, there are many things concerning the human body that we are far from completely understanding.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by spinalremain]
Yes and then some people have the gall to spout about how astrology is bunk. I have been defending the planetary perspective and psychological and biological effects of it for over half my life. Most don't even pick up a book and study it. They are too lazy and just read their horoscopes thinking that is all there is to it. And only considering the sun. It all effects all and with each new discovery the new knowledge is gained. Who knows what we don't know... it's endless infinity.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Alcyone?

Random bit of useless info: The Jehovah's Witnesses used to teach that God, Jehovah, lived on the star Alcyone and that it was his physical location and the center of the Universe.

Like many of their former teachings, this idea has been dropped and is never talked about. Most JWs don't have a clue about what their religion actually used to teach.

top topics

join