It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many around you seem suddenly "befuddled" ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't know, I don't have the feeling I am dumbing down, but only getting smarter/wiser every year.

I am at the point that I can say that I have become too professional for the company I am working for and need a new challenge.

so does anyone care to explain that? I would appreciate it.

BTW I am near 32, smoke, drink sometimes, don't eat healthy food most the time, have quite a lot of stress on work and personal level.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I always find it very interesting that so many of the members have in a short time responded with the same symptoms. Maybe this should be broadcast further?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have read many articles describing the record numbers of people being prescribed anti-depressants. I took them for 2 years and finally quit them just last week. My wife says since I quit them, I am more "snippy" and easily lose my temper over things I didn't when I was on them. That said, I wasn't awake to what was going on in the world when I started them, but I knew I wasn't feeling right and that something wasn't right. The more I learn about the sad state of affairs our Country and World are in, there is certainly a basis for feeling depressed. It is one thing to have problems that bring on depression, but for which there are viable solutions short or long term. I think the problems we face as a nation and as a society don't have an identifiable light at the end of the tunnel that is not a train. Stress from every source is high and increasing. Maybe 2012 is it and what we feel is the receipt of a spiritual or subconscious notice of that fact.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by mrbarber]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkCyrus

I will give your thread a read and I will defiantly try your method later in the day. Have you felt it?
and maybee it help me fine tune myself

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

I am, and yes I have felt really disconnected with no desire or drive for life which I have always had (usually stronger than others). I do wonder if this could be a side effect of taking the "blue pill" so to speak...
It could just be that now we know more truth about this world we just want to be less a part of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wrote about this over a year ago it what I call the muppet effect and its starting to affect everyone across the board from airline pilots to heart doctors.

where it come from I have no idea but I first notice it in 2004 but today it seems to affect nearly everyone.

peace& hope

SM

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Lately I have been feeling a little bit sharper. The past few months I have really been trying to change my lifestyle. Instead of watching TV I've been reading allot more. As for eating, due to my line of work it is kinda hard to eat healthy all the time. I have been taking a number of vitamins everyday, and trying to limit my exposure to external toxins. But as we all know that is near impossible. Some days I feel cognitively fine tuned other days I feel like a slug in the sand.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
I have felt something strange mentally within the last 9 months or so. It is very slight, but it is effecting my life productivity non the less. I probably feel it less then others cause i don't eat fast food, drink tap water, or watch cable television (just to name a few).

But physically I feel somethings trying to interfere with me mentally. I can only discribe it as a type of ache. Areas that are effected start from top-front-center of scalp, to temple region, back behind ears, to base of skull, ending at back of neck where shoulders meet.

Granted, I'm sure stress can cause all that I've described, but like I said, it feels like something is trying to change/alter me mentally..... for better.... or worse.

This is huge. I can’t believe the extent of this, most of us here all have the same or similar feelings and or symptoms. only I don’t feel it as an ache, more like a blockage like the Champaign has been shaken and it can’t pop the cork.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yes.

A little background on me. I have been a member in good standing for a long time. In 2006 I entered a rehab program, I successful completed and have been sober/drug free since January 2008.

Lately I have experienced a strong urge to relapse.

I have also experienced the lack of typing accuracy that I once had. I have to pay attention to every move I make, from talking, to breathing. Something has happened, and it has affected me.

I will admit I haven't read every post but this is important. Why, and why now? Could it really be realated to the digital switch??

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is my first ever reply! Sorry if I seem all jumbled and I repeat stuff :-)

Nice post!

I am amazed I am not the only one who thought about this problem! Is it chemtrails? Is it fluoride? Maybe it is rf coming from my electronics! IE my router? I don't know what is causing this I just had to say that I notice this "dumbening" happening to me (and others) I don't mind to admit.

Back about 5 or 6 years ago I used to have good creative drive and superb spelling! Over the years I find myself getting more lazy and stupid. I find myself getting overwhelmed and getting more spelling errors certain days. Noticeably I am getting word blanks and names mixed up more, my mild dyslexia I have shows more. I also type weird many days. I have hit so many of the wrong keys even while looking at the key board! The dumbness appears to fluctuate that even if I get my coffee it does not go away and I have many spelling errors and poor drive to be creative. The coffee I drink in the morning appears to help this a little as I am hooked on the stuff
It may or may not be depression to add. I used to have therapy and take Prosac! That did not help this problem. I must also add I like to make music, draw, and have fun and laugh but man.... What is happening to me?

On my worst days, I get a knot / tightness in my forehead all the time that makes me feel really unmotivated dumbed down / stupid and unproductive. I have the most problems being cooperative with others and clear-minded to type on a computer! I also got a achy right shoulder and arm. Besides the fact, this is similar to what a previous poster said about the knot, I have the same problem here with the knot in head... The knot in the head does not always have to be there for me to have serious "brain farts" though. I can't talk right and I get all jumbled almost any day to boot. This is called Disjointed Verbalization for the record.

As far as the public, I see families and their children are on some dumbed down auto-pilot mode. IE, there is barley any emotion / smiling by the parents etc. Other patrons in a store are texting and on their cell phones like anti-social robots! There is some stupidification here. Gee I could go on! Technology might be a problem in that area.

On my work experience, I used to work a production job in a warehouse. When I started working harder and enduring the insolence and ever so increasing ignorance of my supers I noticed my stress levels would escalate to unbelievable levels. I felt like I was unable to learn how to do things faster and better at my previous jobs. Like I hit a brick wall! What happened? I had quit working in there because I was having to much issues with stress. That stress probably did not help my mental health. This was back in 2007 before the recession/depression hit hard. So I could see the dumbness and ignorance of others in that job.

As others have been saying, that even with the internet and information age we live in that we would always be learning during our waking hours on the internet. Keeping our brains in top shape. But that is not the case. Is it actually information overload? I don't know what it is.

[edit on 1/11/2010 by simpsonizer]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am beginning to think that we are all suffering from information overload. Over the past decade or so, with the expansion of communications and internet use, I think we are bombarded with exponentially more information than was ever available in years past. As our exposure and ability to obtain information has expanded, so has this unexplainable anxiety. I think there is some truth in the saying, "ignorance is bliss". Maybe some advantage to it as well.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by mrbarber]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't feel any different. Then again, I'm young. My impression is that you guys are just growing old and senile.

(kidding
)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've been having the same symptons for almost a year now. I thought it was sleep deprivation due to caring for my husband.....but now, thinking back, I've always had difficulty sleeping but with no adverse effects. The one definite change AT THAT TIME was adding wi-fi to my home. I'm curious, how many of ya'll that are experiencing symptoms have wi-fi?

Noe.... I mean Note: I had to go over this post to correct all the typos several times, afyi, I'm known for my great spelling, but not now.

[edit on 1/11/2010 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
BIG PHARMA+ BIG GOVERNMENT= BIG CORRUPTION

what is the big suprise they will do everything to make an extra buck

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've been noticing auto exhaust fumes a lot more this winter for some reason. Seems as though about 1 in 20 cars absolutely reeks. It seems more than simply the smell of a cold engine running rich till it warms up.

My guess is the fumes act as some kind of sensitizing agent that cause the indigestion and sensitivity to water quality. Of course it could be the other way around. The indigestion reduces the number of hours of sleep that I have been getting and that would make anyone a little dingy.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I would like to know. How many of you that have this find your anxiety is off the charts, that every day things now scare you?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

wifi here and same issues

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Here's a little more info that I found, sounds like cellphones are not our friend either. None of the studies I found are complete, here's an excerpt from one of them:

The human body is an electrochemical instrument controlled by
oscillatory electrical processes of various kinds; some endogenous
biological electrical activities can be interfered via oscillatory aspects
of the incoming radiation. Human in vivo studies indicated
that the awaked EEC exposed to RE fields from a cell phone exerts
a delayed increase in spectral power density, particularly in the alpha
band (Reiser, Dimpfel, & Schober, 1995).

Exposure to mobile
phone radiation decreases the preparatory slow potentials in certain
regions of the brain (Freude, Ullsperger, Eggert, & Ruppe, 1998)
and affects memory tasks modulating the responses of EEG activity
approximately 8 Hz specifically during cognitive process (Krause et
al., 2000). There is a lot of evidence indicating nonthermal influences
of RE fields in vivo, such as epileptiform activity in rats in
conjunction with certain drugs (Sidorenko & Tsaryk, 1999), depression
of chicken immune systems (Youbicier-Simo & Bastide, 1999),
increase in chick embryo mortality(Youbicier-Simo & Bastide, 1999),
increased permeability of blood-brain barrier in rats (Persson, Salford,
Brun et al., 1997), and synergistic effect with certain psychoactive
drugs (Lai, Horita, Chou, & Guy, 1987).

These RF influences may
induce many clinical signs and symptoms, such as headache, epileptic
seizure, and sleep disturbance. The current scientific literature
suggests that nonthermal RF field effects originating from cellular
phones may have potential adverse health reactions, and this possibility
should not be ignored even if only a small minority of people
are at risk (because of inconsistent results).

Concerning the human brain, the above mentioned studies suggest
that electromagnetic fields emitted by cellular phones may affect
the human EEG. The current scientific literature is, however, full of
inconsistencies. The aim of the present work was to reinvestigate
the effects of the pulsed high frequency EMFs on human EEG in
children and adults.

Source: www.hese-project.org...

Seems to me that if the electromagnetic field from cell phones effect people then wi-fi sure isn't helping any. Perhaps we're getting a double whammy effect. What do ya'll think? Am I off on this?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

That is interesting but in my case I'm having the same symptoms but I do not have either WIFI or a cell phone and I certainly do not belong to a cell phone club?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Are you in an area with wifi emitting from your neighbors' homes? Is there a cell tower close by?

Edit to add: Do you work in an office building with wifi and cell around you? Or go to Starbucks a lot? Lol

[edit on 1/11/2010 by seentoomuch]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join