It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know how primitive man would draw advanced technology he saw?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Something to maybe consider here and I know because I can speak from experience.

More then likely these drawings were done by shamans of these groups. With most aboriginal tribes, it is common that they ingest elements that take them on their spiritual journey.

In modern english we call this "Tripping Out". Again, I can speak from experience as I have seen many of the things in these paintings that unless you had seen (while tripping out) you wouldn't really get. The hands, the snakes, the greys, the symbols...they are spiritual things, not alien and many times spiritual things are given interpretation, not interpreted.

These guys were high as kites to put it mildly...

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
reply to post by Gorman91

Maybe they buried the dead with flowers for the same reason we use incense.

Dead bodies stink.

Yes, and wild animals have a nasty habit of eating their dead relatives and attacking the living relatives!

It could have been simply to mask the smell of a rotting corpse and so not attract predators and scavengers and mask it from themselves. But who knows for sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

actually, you got it backwards...long necked animals evolved to reach tall trees. my bubble is pretty much intact...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Incorrect:

According to the DK documentary Eyewitness -- Life (VHS), Galileo correctly calculated that the tallest Earthling lifeforms can get is ~300'. The tallest Sequoia's are almost exactly that tall. I'm told this has to do with the limits of Capillary Action, which allows organisms to pump water up to that height. PARALLEL: According to the National Geographic documentary Naked Science -- Earth's Crust (TV), the tallest possible mountain on Earth is only 45,000'. Any taller, and Earth's gravity creates such pressures beneath its base, that the crust melts, and the mountain sinks back down. But, on Mars, whose gravity only around 1/3 that of Earth, Olympus Mons is 90,000' tall, 3x that of Mt. Everest. CONCLUSION: Earth-like lifeforms, limited by gravity, could grow taller on smaller worlds, but would be shorter on larger worlds. On Mars, w/ ~1/3g, Seqoia's could grow to nearly 900'. But, on a 2.0g planet, the tallest "tree-forms" could only grow to ~150'. ADDENDUM: According to the BBC documentaries Prehistoric Earth (DVDs) & Prehistoric Park (DVDs), plants evolved spines, poisons, and other defenses, b/c of the voracious appetites of giant plant-eaters, like the long-necked Sauropod Dinosaurs. Thus, as the Sauropods grew larger, early trees grew taller. The resulting "evolutionary arms race" could have created the tallest trees, through Evolutionary Pressure. Is so, there are tall trees today, b/c there were tall Dinosaurs millions of years ago. Tall trees are an "evolutionary echo" of those mighty Sauropods. So, when Man makes it to other worlds, the current life on that planet can be used to infer the types of life on that planet in its evolutionary past.

You see, trees have no reason to grow tall. Think about it. It requires more energy to get the water up, more leaves because of that energy demand, and more seeds because some will die on the way down, or get eaten, etc etc. If there were no plant eaters, trees would not grow taller.

Trees were short. Then sauropods evolved, and they got taller. THEN sauropods grew bigger to get to them.

In addition to this fact, Dinosaurs did not evolve longer necks. They just got bigger. The necks of big sauropods is just as long in scale to the necks of the first PROT sauropods. Neck length remained constant.

A photographic proof for your convenience:

Pretty much the only change from Triassic to Cretaceous was a longer tail for whipping and supporting such a big body. ONLY in extreme conditions did these species evolve longer necks, like titanosaurus, which was at the end of the cretaceous and growing very very big.

Sorry, you're bubble is burst. You're thinking about giraffes, not dinosaurs.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Another reason for trees to grow taller is simply the competition for light in a forest. Sauropods feeding off high branches may not be a factor at all, because
1. Some trees, like tall conifers, may not be edible.
2. Sauropods probably couldn't cope with the blood pressure needed for a vertical neck.

See en.wikipedia.org...

The results suggest that these sauropods were adapted to ground feeding or low browsing, contrary to the view that diplodocid sauropods were high browsers.

www.sciencemag.org...

As this is off topic I would like to add this :
All I've seen here are arguments about prehistoric man being able to draw UFOs and aliens. This is fine, but if something is possible, is it necessarily true ?

Take the Willendorf Venus sculpture :
witcombe.sbc.edu...

Is it evidence of a CE3 with a mammalian alien with no mouth, no eyes, no ears, no chin ? Of course not. All the cave paintings are as ambiguous as this sculpture. Interpretation of ancient symbolism needs a little more research than "its obviously a UFO/alien, d'oh".

[edit on 2010-1-13 by nablator]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
Hmmm, forgive me for being skeptical but how is it that the drawings show the ship's rudder? Wouldn't they be obscured by water?

The aborigines snuck up and peeked through the bushes and saw a Western fishing boat grounded because the tide left it high and dry. Simple.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/13/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I know plateosaur climbed up trees, and braichosaurs eat the tops of trees. Pines were not common where they lived, but they eat them, as evident by sauropodic dinosaurs being found near their forests. Also, the blood pressure argument stems from giraffes. I think sauropods, like giraffes, were perfectly immune to blood pressure effects. Just like giraffes, they probably had large arteries.

Also, light competition doesn't explain the lack of tree height up to the Triassic.

But yea, off topic.

The woman is a good example of abstract human thought. Basically, the drawer was not thinking about the face....typical man... lol. he sculpted a female idol representing his desires.... OR SHE drew what SHE desired. Fatness was wealth in those days.

If they saw technology they would want, they would draw it somewhere. I like the drawings near the Baghdad battery, with seeming electricity flaming out. I would even go so far as to say that the Baghdad battery, like the earlier depicted home made planes that islanders replicated from Americans above, is an attempt to recreate a battery they somehow acquired. Now if that was a time traveler or alien, it's up to you. However, I will say one thing. THIS looks like a light bulb.

www.world-mysteries.com...

It even looks like they found parts and were putting them together and analyzing it, like a crash site.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Here's another link (non UFO related) regarding The Wandjina Figures:

www.bradshawfoundation.com...

Very interesting article.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
It even looks like they found parts and were putting them together and analyzing it, like a crash site.

It does look like a light bulb, but the text next to it explains exactly what they were doing. It's a lotus flower bulb.
www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

Another famous case, the Maya astronaut of Palenque, Mexico shows a complex contraption that does look like advanced technology. However, when compared with the patterns on the nearby temple of the Cross :

www.unice.fr...

Archeologists were able to recognize :

1. the mask of the earth monster, symbol of death.
2. the sacred tree, ceiba (i.e. kapok tree) or the sacred plant, corn.
3. the quetzal (sun-bird), symbol of life.

Modern interpretations are based on nothing but wishful thinking.

[edit on 2010-1-13 by nablator]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join