It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People's Perspectives Different from each other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I am watching Battlestar Galactica: The Plan right now.

It got me thinking (again). I've thought about this many times before.

Notice how different the show does the cinematography. Think Tim Burton. Think NYPD Blue.

Do people actually view the world and the universe that different from each other?

Watching movies and tv shows, you get to view their different views to the world and the universe.

I love the show Babylon 9. It is vastly different from Star Trek. It has a soft approach to spirituality. Star Trek is more materialistic.

Perhaps I've had too many beer. Alcohol clouds my perspective.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah, everyone has a different view actually. until you choose to go through them, you will pretty much remain oblivious about the whole concept, but you are just beginning to see. so you will probably be realizing some "far out" things in your current perspective pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah, the trick is, to think just a little bit out there from everyone else around you. That puts you a little ahead. Stop thinking like everyone else does! Everyone is unique.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Never really watched the new series.

But I have wondered in the past if we perceive things differently from each other like colors for example. We all agree that stop signs are red but what if what I see and call red actually looks orange or blue to you.

Now not taking it to the step of Synesthesia, just saying that in the learning process we learned that such a color is red just like we learned that we drink from a cup.

I guess I would say it is similar to the clouded perception as what a person looks like depending on if you love that person or not. Like missing finer details such as blemishes, slight scars, speech patterns and so on.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Do people actually view the world and the universe that different from each other?

Ask any woman who insists that the man who beats her really loves her.

(And by the way, I've played Sinistar. In an arcade. ^_^)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Yes, but different films will have different "looks" because directors like to distinguish themselves from other directors. Producers want their shows to look different from other shows. Producers hire directors. The world goes 'round.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing that Babylon 5 looked different from Deep Space 9, just because money partially explains the difference. "Product differentiation" allows one market to support both products. I liked 'em both. I got 'em both. Sweet.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Directors don't make their films look different from others to distinguish themselves from others.
They do it because they prefer that hue, or that conrast, or that lighting, etc. It's a personal preference or the cinematographer might suggest it.

Anyhow, everyone does view the world differently from each other. This is why I think outside the box a lot and look at things from different viewpoints before coming to a conclusion.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Directors don't make their films look different from others to distinguish themselves from others.
They do it because they prefer that hue, or that conrast, or that lighting, etc. It's a personal preference or the cinematographer might suggest it.

Wow, how could I be so stupid, eh?

So, we agree that directors choose the visual elements of their films, sometimes based on the advice of other professionals on the set. But where I messed up is that what they really want when they make those choices is to look like everybody else. Now I get it.

So, to name a recent example, when the cast and crew of Avatar report that Director Cameron kept saying over and over "This has never been seen in a film before," what they're NOT telling us about is the heart-wrenching tone of disappointment in his voice?

And, of course, when the other producers saw what Cameron had cranked out, their reaction was "Oh, crud, this picture looks different from any of the other pictures that we will be competing against."

Maybe they thought if they released it in 3-D, then people wouldn't notice so much that it was different-looking? Hey, it was worth a try, right?

Anyway, thanks bunches for straightening me out about all of that. I promise to make different mistakes from now on.

top topics

join