It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Who Would Have Known"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We should have listened to them. You know who they are. The guys found on almost every street corner. The guys with the signs that said, “The End is Nigh.” As much as we hate to admit it; they were right.

It was all too easy to dismiss them. To immediately write them off as loons. Unkempt; and fitting so perfectly into the preconceived notions we were so easily programmed to hold. Who would have known that all the nuts were closer to the Truth than any one else?

Conspiracy theorists were all nut jobs. Truthers and all their ilk. They were so wrong; and we were all so sure of it. Why would we believe them when we had the media outlets? They were our official source of information, and had been for decades. They’d never lie to us. We were convinced they had our best interest at heart. They even reassured us of that fact from time to time. Everything they did upheld the image that they cared about us. Keeping us informed and educated. The foundation of every stable and progressive society; or so we thought.

Then the wool was violently ripped from before our eyes. In an instant it was apparent that we’d been lied to all along. That we truly were just sheep being led to the slaughter. With the affluent reality we were spoon fed it was easy to miss. We were all to busy playing Monopoly to see what was really going on; and those that did see never had a chance anyway.

Maybe that’s where the problem stemmed from. Even if you did know the Truth, that’s all you knew; the Truth. Knowing the Truth didn’t provide you with an answer. It didn’t help you figure out what to do. It only raised more questions. It only led to more confusion. Which is all they wanted anyways. A mass of confused bodies fighting over trivial issues, as pertinent as they may have seemed at the time. At least we got our healthcare right? Too bad the government that legislated the provision was only there to ensure we were in perpetual discord. Too bad it wasn’t just our government with the same agenda.

Then came the one world government. The whole world was in crisis. It only made sense. We were all fighting a common enemy; ourselves. It was brilliant really. Create the problem, and provide the solution. Crash the global economy, starve the masses, and wait for them to come crawling, and boy did we crawl. Some might even say we sprinted.

They were here the whole time. They came and never went. The best lie ever told was that they never existed. That they were just a myth. That the history of civilizations past were written by people too stupid to convey messages literally. That it was all a bunch of allegory and embellishments. Who are the stupid ones now? We had the advent of the internet. We lived in the information age. The Truth was readily available, but with all the lies we were fed, too far fetched to believe. Then it happened; science fiction became reality.

June 14th, 2010. In the words of Edmund H. North, “The Day the Earth Stood Still.” It was kind of funny. It played out just like every movie we’d ever seen. I wonder if it played out that way because we’d watched the movies, or if it is just human nature to shoot first and ask questions later. Like being diplomatic about their emergence would have changed anything? We were just their slaves, always have been, and if they get their way; always will be.

2010. Who would have guessed anyway? Even the guys with the signs got it wrong. It was always 2012. Those who believed thought they had two more years. It was probably part of the plan. Catch everybody with their heads in the sand; and that’s exactly what they did.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Very well written. You get a star and a flag from me.

Just one question: What posessed/inspired you to write this?

It would certainly make the beginning of a good novel.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thank you very much.

I was thinking about doing some new age Brave New World/1984-esque writing this morning and that's what came of it for now. I intend to continue on and may share parts of it on here from time to time.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
How awesome! Writing contests?! That's news to me. Too bad I missed the last one's deadline. ;(

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

I would say you have done your research. I hope to see more of your writings as this is enlightening, and your writing style is captivating. Please continue. I will check out Edmund, as I am not familiar with this information. Thank you for submitting this writing.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
We should have listened to them. You know who they are. The guys found on almost every street corner. The guys with the signs that said, “The End is Nigh.” As much as we hate to admit it; they were right.

It was all too easy to dismiss them. To immediately write them off as loons. Unkempt; and fitting so perfectly into the preconceived notions we were so easily programmed to hold. Who would have known that all the nuts were closer to the Truth than any one else?

Conspiracy theorists were all nut jobs. Truthers and all their ilk. They were so wrong; and we were all so sure of it. Why would we believe them when we had the media outlets? They were our official source of information, and had been for decades. They’d never lie to us. We were convinced they had our best interest at heart. They even reassured us of that fact from time to time. Everything they did upheld the image that they cared about us. Keeping us informed and educated. The foundation of every stable and progressive society; or so we thought.

Then the wool was violently ripped from before our eyes. In an instant it was apparent that we’d been lied to all along. That we truly were just sheep being led to the slaughter. With the affluent reality we were spoon fed it was easy to miss. We were all to busy playing Monopoly to see what was really going on; and those that did see never had a chance anyway.

Maybe that’s where the problem stemmed from. Even if you did know the Truth, that’s all you knew; the Truth. Knowing the Truth didn’t provide you with an answer. It didn’t help you figure out what to do. It only raised more questions. It only led to more confusion. Which is all they wanted anyways. A mass of confused bodies fighting over trivial issues, as pertinent as they may have seemed at the time. At least we got our healthcare right? Too bad the government that legislated the provision was only there to ensure we were in perpetual discord. Too bad it wasn’t just our government with the same agenda.

Then came the one world government. The whole world was in crisis. It only made sense. We were all fighting a common enemy; ourselves. It was brilliant really. Create the problem, and provide the solution. Crash the global economy, starve the masses, and wait for them to come crawling, and boy did we crawl. Some might even say we sprinted.

They were here the whole time. They came and never went. The best lie ever told was that they never existed. That they were just a myth. That the history of civilizations past were written by people too stupid to convey messages literally. That it was all a bunch of allegory and embellishments. Who are the stupid ones now? We had the advent of the internet. We lived in the information age. The Truth was readily available, but with all the lies we were fed, too far fetched to believe. Then it happened; science fiction became reality.

June 14th, 2010. In the words of Edmund H. North, “The Day the Earth Stood Still.” It was kind of funny. It played out just like every movie we’d ever seen. I wonder if it played out that way because we’d watched the movies, or if it is just human nature to shoot first and ask questions later. Like being diplomatic about their emergence would have changed anything? We were just their slaves, always have been, and if they get their way; always will be.

2010. Who would have guessed anyway? Even the guys with the signs got it wrong. It was always 2012. Those who believed thought they had two more years. It was probably part of the plan. Catch everybody with their heads in the sand; and that’s exactly what they did.

It seems that sometimes, they don't stand on street corners with signs that say many words, and still mean nothing, just more, arbitrary value systems, lost from the reality of what made them tangible experiences to begin with.

In the Maze of the minds Trix vocabulary is beyond forgiveness, for life is more than guilt. Right ~ Wrong. These are two sides of a window. Of a reflection. In the swirling world of the moment we call NOW, there is only the insufferable tolerance of consequence.

You will, or you won't. You do, or you don't. Whichever, don't piss and forget the chain of life. You can't have all this discussion about life the universe and everything in it without a reference point.

So, from time, the worthy receive what they ask for. And only what they asked for, in arbitrary, incremental, and finely compartmentalized dosages. We're not the doctors. We're the patients. They isn't they in the sense we want it to be. All that matters is NOW.

Every word we type is a lie in some sense of the word lie. The fabrication is felt all the way into the broken heart symptom, which are inevitably incurred when a recurring light energy, separate from its creation source, reboots with no immediate knowledge of the event, and only to receive the "expansion pack" the cerebral cortex is able to receive because we're always "plugged into the matrix". There is no separation of the seeming conflicting realities. There is only integration.

Or, different strokes, for different folks...and, trixs are for kids! left hand, or right? The collective minds eye of the world population only understands what it is permitted to understand at any given now. You do what you can with what you have, and you level up.

Failure to observe the immutable laws of "universal space-time astro-physics" if that's even a thing, results in a specific, dislocation, more and more with each turning of the blind eye, from the truth of that which we are struggling and are birthed to attempt to remember.

We are already eternal. Life is an illusion not pulled off as a hoax or a roast, but to prepare us for the journey ahead. The 3d simulation of life, which expands into a dimensional wonder land of sight and sound, give way to the mystery of what comes next!

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the things i've seen, excuse me, been allowed to see-imagine-envisage!

2012 is an arbitrary value within an arbitrary value, which is a cycle within a cycle. This does not bear repeating.! ;D

maybe i shouldn't be typing in this condition!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

right. sorry! i really liked the story was the short end point i was trying to make!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EnemyCombatant74

Well, thank you EnemyCombatant. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think I will turn it into something longer in due time.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

reply to post by EnemyCombatant74

Well, thank you EnemyCombatant. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think I will turn it into something longer in due time.

very kool ~ i apologize for the lengthy post before hand, sometimes i rush into things without giving them time to breathe or sink in! but yea, you have a good style of writing going on ~ just wanted to be clear about that! I'll be looking for those longer posts!

top topics

join