It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on why the Gov isnt forcing us to prevent Climate Change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Don't know. Have heard the Obama Administration intends to implement the treaty administratively (regulations) through EPA et al without Congress approving the treaty or drafting related legislation. Haven't heard more details re this rumor/prediction.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
reply to post by johnny2127

I agree. Humans have as much influence on climate as ancient farmer virgin sacrifices did on the rain. Humans blaming their own actions and sins for weather change is as old as humans. The new 'priests' of climate are taking advantage of the age-old human tendency to feel power over climate, and they overestimate their influence on their gods. Humans in the modern day such as Gore recognize they can't be a god, but humans seeking power do position themselves as high priests or prophets. Gore is one of those false prophets.

Exactly. Can you imagine what people like Gore and the OP would have been saying as the last ice age ended, and the glaciers and ice sheets across North America and the rest of the word receded? LOL. Must be human's fault!! Its been shown time and again this man-made global warming science is faulty and fraudulent. Its turned into a business and a religion for some. Scientists have dedicated their careers to climate change, and either consciously or subconsciously cannot let themselves admit they have wasted their careers. So they continue lying to themselves and others to keep it going. If they get the change they want, its a win-win scenario. If they get the change and climate normalizes, they will say they won and saved the world!! If they get the change they want and things keep getting worse, they will say the world waited too long to act on their advice. Either way, in the future, this segment of science will be ridiculed in the future for their faulty science, alarmist tactics, and the shocking extent they went to avoid scientific method.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oh here we go....

You think we can control our climate? We don't have the power to do such a thing. Most of these corrupt politicians can't even control themselves, and you want me to believe that they should help or make us help control the climate? What a joke!

We can't do anything about the climate or anything else related to nature. Why the hell do people think they have to fix EVERYTHING. This world is 149 square miles and 5,940,000,000,000,000,000,000 metric tons. Do you really think it's going to be possible to change things about our world? Why not just let nature work itself out. Why not let the Earth fix itself, like it has for billions of years. We had an ice age millions of years ago right? Look at us now, there are new species of animals, plants, and insects. We have seasons. Our changing temp (if it even exists) may eliminate species of animals but why do we, as humans, feel that we need to save these species? We are fighting the natural process of life, something that had NEVER been successful. The dinosaurs went instinct - and look at us now! There are an abundance of animals. Good lord...sometimes I'm annoyed by how high-and-mighty humans are. And not to mention the greed that comes into play because of the money politicians can gain from supporting such fruitless agendas.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Your ego must really be high in order to believe we humans will change this planet in the long run. The planet will be just fine regardless of what we do. We could have all out nuclear war and explode every weapon. The Earth will take a hit but in the long run it means nothing. The radiation will have subsided and everything will just go on.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow alot of negative- aholes on this thread. Yall need to check YOUR egos at the door.

All I was doing is suggesting my theory for why no one in the media does much to inform citizens about our very very real climate threats.

Im done- closing thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join