It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Geitner Face Criminal Charges Over AIG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Its about how Geitner handled AIG when head of the New York fed.

Money was owed to Goldman Sachs by AIG .

Goldman was paid 100 cents on the dollar by AIG with Taxpayer money, and

where told to keep it from the public.

MORE IN VID

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Haha its the "Jenny will rather get a blowjob..uh uh blockparty" guy!

Very good find! S&F! this being on the news is awesome, not only that, i have never seen it. maybe its because im Canadian, maybe its because im 17, i don't no, i just know its good but also pushing someones agenda.

www.youtube.com...

(the blooper clip of the above reporter, just in case nobody got my comparison)

[edit on 10-1-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

nobody like Geitner will ever see the inside of a cell.

Politicians in the US can do as they please, They run the MSM

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
God I hope so!Being realistic however,I doubt it, he managed to defraud the IRS and got promoted so unless they are going to scape goat him he'll be just fine.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
God I hope so!Being realistic however,I doubt it, he managed to defraud the IRS and got promoted so unless they are going to scape goat him he'll be just fine.

Worst case scenario Obama would just give him a presidential pardon.
Turbo Tax Cheat Timmy Geithner should resign.
Janet Napolitano should resign. Harry Reid should resign.
Obama should resign.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Hi Sean,

Yes Geithner is on his way to jail....along with a lot of other big dogs in D.C.

The NWO is 'no more'....stick a fork in 'em, their done......INTERPOL has started to make their move and we should start hearing of more charges and more arrests.....

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

In case you have not noticed... the consolidation of Europe into a mega Super State, with an economy ALREADY larger than the US, has been moving forward full speed through the entire crisis. Why would one entity that many could claim is the mythical "NWO" attack the other mythical "NWO" .. it makes no sense? International banks profited more than American, in fact had America not laundered cash through AIG into Britain, France, Germany and other large EU States, the entire EU economy would have crashed, along with the US, along with the East......

Interpol isn't going to be our saving grace. Just like Obama was not to be our saving grace. The only way to save ourselves, is to take the country back into our own hands, dismantling the entrenched corrupt powers.

Timmy won't spend a day in jail.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree , Timmy wont see the inside of a Jail.

This will be played down in the media, the sheep will be grazing.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Timmy, along with many others, will be punished! Will they be jailed? We shall see, but as the swamp drains, the world is beginning to see the vile vermin that have infested it for all too long. People are finally awakening to the sickening mafioso that have been masquerading as politicians. What happens to them next is largely up to them. They can end this assault on the middle class which may diffuse a much more volatile situation but heads will roll. If they continue this assault, they can expect social order to break down, the military may protect them at first but many will desert and the full anger of the citizens who they have harmed will be directed toward them - more than likely, violently!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Geithner is a criminal and should be procescuted for this blatant theft of public funds. The AIG rescue was nothing but a backdoor bailout of the banks. His friends at GS received 100% on the dollar for their credit default swaps that they gambled and lost on. Instead of taking the loss they came up with this scheme so the tax payer can cover their losses.

I started a thread on this a few days ago. Absolutely criminal behavor. Americans should be outraged and calling for his head.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
By November 2018 , Treasury Secretary Geithner will probably be living in Beijing next door to Maurice Strong...or on the Bush compound in Paraguay.

Surprised ?

Didn't think so.

SEC order helps maintain AIG bailout mystery

SEC agreed with AIG to keep some bailout terms sealed

* SEC granted "confidential treatment" last May

* Secrecy order stays in place until November 2018

By Matthew Goldstein

NEW YORK, Jan 11 (Reuters) - It could take until November 2018 to get the full story behind the U.S. bailout of insurance giant American International Group (AIG.N) because of an action taken last year by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

In May, the SEC approved a request by AIG to keep secret an exhibit to a year-old regulatory filing that includes some of the details on the most controversial aspect of the AIG bailout: the funneling of tens of billions of dollars to big banks like Societe Generale, Goldman Sachs (GS.N), Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE) and Merrill Lynch.

The SEC's Division of Corporation Finance, in granting AIG's request for confidential treatment, said the "excluded information" will not be made public until Nov. 25, 2018, according to a copy of the agency's May 22 order.

The SEC said the insurer had demonstrated the information in the exhibit, called Schedule A, "qualifies as confidential commercial or financial information."

The expiration date for the SEC order falls on the 10th anniversary of Federal Reserve of New York's decision to provide emergency financing to an entity set up to specifically acquire some $60 billion in collateralized debt obligations from 16 banks in the United States and Europe.

All the banks that got money from the Fed-sponsored entity -- Maiden Lane III -- had purchased insurance contracts, or credit default swaps, on those mortgage-related securities from AIG.

The SEC's decision to approve AIG's request for confidential treatment got scant attention at the time. But it could spark controversy now following the release last week of 14-month-old emails that reveal that some at the New York Fed had discussions with AIG officials about how much information should be disclosed to the public about the Maiden Lane III transaction.

The New York Fed, then led by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, plays a critical role in the world of finance given its close dealings with all the major Wall Street banks, many of which were counterparties of AIG.

SEC spokesman John Nestor declined to comment on the reasons for granting AIG's request to treat the exhibit as confidential.

Full Text

Related

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
SEC secrecy order , or not , it looks as if some members of congress want to have a look at those Geithner emails.

Lets see how far this gets.

Geithner’s E-Mails, Phone Logs Subpoenaed by House

Jan. 13 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York was ordered by a House committee to provide Timothy Geithner’s e-mails, phone logs and meeting notes tied to the bailout of American International Group Inc.

Full Text

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
At this point he's looking so guilty it looks like Tiny Tim might actually have to resign.

That would be such a shame

top topics

join