It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best UFO crash video I have ever seen.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

that would have to to be the worst hoaxed footage i have even seen.

I agree with you.

So its big enough to see from miles up in the air, and yet in the sand it is a model...they are standing above it filming, they are not in a helicopter but standing...

Well the interesting thing is if you notice the shadow cast by the "UFO", it goes up and slightly to the right. We should be able to see the shadow cast by a person filming it.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

LOL good catch. I didn't see your post at first.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, I wasnt sure.

It looked interesting, so I posted it as soon as I saw it. Guess I jumped the gun. I didnt even read further, in the video description.

I usually do a great deal of research before I post something, maybe I should continue to do that

Also, my first "ufo" thread.

Sorry

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No worries man, educate yourself if your interested in this sort of stuff, it will pay off for you.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
[snip]
This video looked pretty legitimate to me. also i caught attention of "we have negative chute" the the object falling must of been some kind of experiment gone wrong. the way it was falling the wobbling of it seemed to look pretty real, but i wonder if a disk was to fall does it not find its own stability, like when they chucked a car out a cargo plane for the advert, the skydivers were able to sit in the car while it was falling, and it fell flat for a while.

the latter part of the object falling video, in the zoom, it looks like typical ufo craft.

if this was a falling satillite , then they are very light weight material and at that speed bits would of fallen off it, ripped of it in flight.

the cut to the object stuck in the ground, that looked pretty real, but again if it was a satilite, it would be mashed to peices, as terra firma is generally harder than, say a garbage can!

so that bit could be the fake bit edited together. the disruption to the soil looks pretty realistic, looks like that ufo thing was made of something very strong to withstand impact. it just happend to hit the ground at dead perpendicular to it, but the way it was wobbling in the fall it was on the other axis, so thats weird to me.

worth checking out more. the crash site looks too neat dont it.

Removed 1020 stars image

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc7b0cb855b9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I remember seeing this on the news. It was live. I don't know what to make of it. hmmmmm......

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spykemann
I remember seeing this on the news. It was live. I don't know what to make of it.

if you had read the thread you would have seen where at least 2 people told you what it was....

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i understand it is a documented satellite falling, but what's up with the "watch movement from inside" bit? An electrical malfunction?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

It's NOT a UFO, it's a comet capture device returning back to Earth, and was supposed to deploy parchuts, but the soldered in the deployment switch backwards. Hence the device crashed. However NASA/JPL was still able to get comet particles from the aero-gel that they were embeded in. So the mission in the end, was a success.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
That didn't seem to act like a "Fireball streaking across the sky" to me.
That doesn't match

That didn't seem to act like a "Fireball streaking across the sky" to me.
That doesn't match

Did you not read the link that schrodingers dog posted:

Once the fireball around the spacecraft died down, a parafoil style of parachute was to have popped out so the capsule could glide gently to the US Air Force's Utah Test and Training Range, southwest of Salt Lake City. There, helicopters were poised to pluck the capsule from mid-air using a long hook.

?

That part of the footage was from after "the fireball around the spacecraft died down".

Here's more from NASA, although there is no footage of the fireball available as far as I'm aware.

The Genesis capsule will first emit light due to collisions with air molecules at around 200 km altitude over the Pacific Ocean. The object will be tracked by U.S. Air Force Space Command using ground-based radar. By that time, the capsule has fallen into the Earth's gravity well and has a speed now of 11.0 km/s (at 135 km altitude). It may become visible in the daytime morning sky over Bent, Oregon, when it is still at 125 km altitude. For mission operators this is the moment it enters the atmosphere. It will decellerate and stop emitting light at around 40 km altitude, and a parachute will deploy at 36 km altitude. Once ablation stops and ionization dissipates, the descending capsule will have a UHF beacon that provides gps information.

Source: NASA

While quite bright against the deep blue sky at altitude, the SRC entry was hard to observe from the ground. Initial reports from our participating ground teams indicate that the reentry was seen visually against the bright daytime sky, albeit missed by many. It was successfully recorded with a hand-held camcorder by a team of the University of Calgary.

Source: NASA

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

The object in the video is a pod returning from orbit. The mission

was as planned except the pod was expected to be slowed by parachute.

Parachute did not deploy. Much later there was a report that some

minimual useable data was recovered even after the hard landing.

The reason it is so well recorded is that that recovery team was expecting the package.

No mystery here. I can not remember the mission but it would be easy to research. Perhaps it was a mission that flew through the tail of a comet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join