It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best UFO crash video I have ever seen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I found this video on youtube of all places.

I did a search here on ATS, and couldnt find the video, so here it is. Does anyone know the origin? Is it a hoax?

It sounds like US military voices.

If it is a hoax, then I think its pretty elaborate, since the object falls from the sky for quite a while. However, the camera cuts for a second after impact.

What is the insignia on the side of the object?

Source link

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's not a hoax, and it's not a ufo, it's actually 2 videos in one, the first part is from NASA, watching a satelite fall, the last part where it's stuck in the sand is fake!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Which satellite? Why did it fall?

I figured the camera cutting to the ground seemed fishy.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

Which satellite? Why did it fall?

www.spacetoday.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
I found this video on youtube of all places.

I did a search here on ATS, and couldnt find the video, so here it is. Does anyone know the origin? Is it a hoax?

If you had followed the link on youtube you would have found that the video came from NASA anon.nasa-global.speedera.net...

"The Genesis spacecraft collected a sample of solar wind and returned it to Earth for analysis. It was the first NASA "sample return mission" to return material since the Apollo Program, and the first to return material from beyond the orbit of the Moon. It was launched on August 8, 2001, and crash-landed on September 8, 2004 after a design flaw prevented the deployment of its drogue parachute"
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I don't think this is fake and I don't think it was a satellite.

I think it was a scientific probe that failed to launch it's chute for a controlled decent/landing on it's return journey to earth.

It's been discussed before here on ATS. If I can find a link I'll post.

---------------------------------------------------

Cheers S.D. beat me to it and saved me the time searching.

[edit on 10/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I put it on a slow mo program, you can see it hit the ground. the camera just pans down too fast. Is it fake? the thing falling isn't, but yes, the after video seems "Fishy".

But, then again, how much better could it be? I doubt the camera man would run and see what it was.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

can you post the two videos to prove your statement please.
that sure looks like the same object during the close up of the tumble.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The above posters are CORRECT. This is NOT a UFO, it is a returning NASA space probe. Thanks for sharing though...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That didn't seem to act like a "Fireball streaking across the sky" to me.
That doesn't match

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Cheers S.D. beat me to it and saved me the time searching.

No prob mate ... gave me a chance to look back and see if anything was ever retrieved successfully from the capsule.

genesismission.jpl.nasa.gov...

Edit to add Mishap Report.

[edit on 10 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
The above posters are CORRECT. This is NOT a UFO, it is a returning NASA space probe. Thanks for sharing though...
Why in the clip of the Vid do they call it an "object" instead of what it is?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

They even commented that the parachute wasn't working.

"We have negative chute"

Also, it's pretty small

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I watched this live a few years ago. It is all legitimate. They had a lot of good video because they had several helicopters hovering waiting to snag the probes chute with hooks. The Genesis probe website has a bunch of images and other documentation showing them dissembling the wrecked reentry vehicle and recovering many of the samples. The probe wasn't going that fast when it hit the ground because they used aerobraking to slow it down so the chute could deploy safely.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

that would have to to be the worst hoaxed footage i have even seen.

So its big enough to see from miles up in the air, and yet in the sand it is a model...they are standing above it filming, they are not in a helicopter but standing...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I have no idea, but there is all the evidence of what the "OBJECT" was in the above post and below posts.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
this video pops up like 3 times a year on ATS.

its a falling satilite that failed to deploy its chute.

silly scientists at nasa... with billions of dollars on their budget, you'd think they could get a chute to work on a multi-million dollar experiment. *shakes head*

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This video is very telling...it tells us that the ignorant fool who runs that youtube channel doesn't know his or her ass from a hole in the ground. Anybody interested in aliens/ufo's is well aware of most NASA space probes, especially when they fail

I would like to thank the OP for bringing this to our attention, and exposing ignorance both within and external to our community.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

I think this adequately explains this footage, It was the return of the project stardust genesis probe, which failed to deploy it's parachutes on returning to the atmosphere.

Stardust project

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm surprised more people don't know more about this? It's part of the satellite that captured Asteroid dust by going through the tail end of an Asteroid, then the disk returned to earth, which is why NASA stayed with it till the crash into the dessert floor! From which was retrieved by NASA for study! I don't recall the name of the project, but that's what this is from! I hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join