It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the American People Ever Wake Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hello all. Am I the only one who wonders when American People will have had enough of government lies and false promises. Has anyone read the Health care Plan yet? Download it here in PDF format:
www.barackobama.com...

How many of you think this plan will work right out of the box as promised? How many know in their heart that Big Pharm and Big Insurance has their greedy paws in the till even before it begins? I have Medicare for my health insurance, it is a government ran fund, is not for profit, and rarely makes a major mistake. Who really wants an insurance man telling your doctor what drugs you can have, and telling you which doctor you can have? Who really wants to pay a fine if for some reason they cannot pay for the plan, or just don't want the plan? And not to mention, the plan is very expensive.....

Sheils' analysis found that Obama's plan would decrease the number of uninsured by 26.6 million beginning in 2010. The estimated federal cost of enacting the plan is $1.17 trillion from 2010 through 2019. By 2010, annual spending on health care is expected to reach $2.7 trillion. But Obama's plan is expected to cut spending by $54.1 billion in the next decade. The savings are important, but regardless, the price tag is staggering.

www.forbes.com...

That's a lotta dough, folks! Here is a little video that may enlighten you about what people are thinking out there about this.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hopefully before its to late.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was chatting to a guy in the bar the other night about the economy and wars etc etc, i'm a brit living in USA and he asked me my opinion of America as an "outsider" if you will, i said that they will never be out of war, if its not Iraq it will be Afganistan, if it wasn't Afganistan it will be Iran etc, war makes money, and it just seems to be money these days, economy and all that stuff .. his response was something along the lines of, well we got Obama in power now so we'll be fine .. he was really in awe at Obama and how he will make everything right, so to answer your question .. i honestly think .. NO !!! and no disrespect to the American people and Obama btw :-)

Regards

Satellite1

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Honestly.. i think many people are deliberately trying to put themselves into acomatose, subconscious defense against the painful truths. Kind of like drinking yourself into bodily debt hoping to die.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
do you think Americans will take to the streets like the anti vietnam war protests? If losses increase in Afghanistan, will the young of America protest on a large scale

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Nope, because they put Obama into office. Unfortunately, it won't happen until a Republican is back in office, then it's gonna be open season on the president again. Just one of the many draw backs of the two party system we have now.......hell, I'd say a one party system as it stands right now.

top topics

join