It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (EXPOSED!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I've always felt for you guys knowing it was all a big scam. The banksters make the majority of their money on oil, arms sales, and drugs so it only makes sense they promote wars. They should have named the invasion Operation Iraqui Liberation (OIL).

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your comrades in arms.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

My oath was to defend the PEOPLE, peace, and freedom! For Fred og Frihet! I dont know about you but Im betting yours is similar!

Bowing to orders is not upholding values, doing what is right matters. I would rather be dishonourably discharged than follow morally wrong orders, ie execute the prisoners.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
stoploss thank you. id like to share a story with you. you see im certainly one of the youngest members here at ats but im smart enough to scan out the facts. You see in my algebra class we have one muslim kid and hes really cool,but hes constantly being made fun of. One day someone was messing with him so i told them to back off and he tried to pull the "people like him caused the war card" i tried to explain to the class that muslims had nothing to do with the war that it was all about our own greed and that if they really followed christian beliefs they wouldnt treat him that way. Of course they asked for proof and had none so they bombed me with main stream media(of course thats going to be lies to cover leaders ass's) so thanks for giving me a small bit of proof

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Your post is commendable and your pictures are very interesting. I may comment further after I have read the whole thread but I just wanted to say that I appreciate you posting these pics especially if there may be some backlash on you personally.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am glad you have had a revelation.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yes, the reason that we are in Iraq is to secure the oil for western oil companies, the same companies that were expelled from Iraq by Saddam Hussein after they refused to support his desire to dramatically expand Iraq's oil output. ( Please see the excellent article by Greg Palast on the hidden history of the oil companies involvement with the oil fields of Irag. It's eye-opening.) He threw them out and they, in turn, thru their subsidiaries, refused to sell him the equipment necessary to expand his newly nationalized oil industry on his own. He never achieved his desired goal of maximizing Iraqi oil output. Instead he was branded a ruthless murderous dictator by the same people who had once praised him as a valuable ally when he waged our first war on Iran for us. They trumped up a case for war against him, arrested him and tried him in a kangaroo court and, eventually, hanged him for what amounts to treason against the oil companies, in my opinion.

So, while we're at it, let's talk about Afghanistan for a second. If the goal with the Iraq incursion was, in part, (I say "in part" because there are a few other major benefits to our global corporate strategy that were achieved by occupying Iraq that I won't talk about right now), was to re-obtain the oil reserves under Iraqi soil for the big oil companies, then what was the invasion of Aghanistan all about? Arresting Bin Laden for 9-11? Don't make me laugh! If the only thing in Iraq worth coveting is thousands of cubic miles of untapped oil reserves then what does Afghanistan possess that is of equal or greater value? The poppy plant, silly!

Afghanistan has traditionally been the largest producer of illegal poppies and, therefore, illegal opium and heroine in the world. Before Jimmy Carter was elected into the presidency, the government that ruled in Afghanistan was Communist and the billions of untraceable dollars that resulted from the sale of their illicit crop was largely funneled into Soviet coffers. Let's digress here for a moment to explain the significance of the "untraceable" part of the last statement.

The illicit drug trade is illegal in virtually every nation on earth. In spite of that fact it is the world's second largest industry, just slightly lagging behind the sale of weapons. The illegal status of the drug trade mandates that all sales transactions are done strictily on a cash basis and no records are kept as to how much was rendered and who was the receiving party. What this means is that there is no "paper trail" left behind for foreign intelligence agencies to follow or pesky prosecutors to trace in order to tie the illgotten fortunes to whatever purpose the money was atually put towards or who actually spent it. All of the major intelligence networks on the planet use the drug trade to launder enormous sums of cash that they use to finance operations that are not only illegal but also would be highly objectionable to most of their citizenry, if they were actually to become aware of the sinister crap that their governments were engaged in.

When Carter took office the Taliban were a rag-tag band of Islamic fundies who were opposed to the Communists who ran their country, and were haphazardly trying to organize a resistance movement. Under Carter the CIA vigorously organized, equipped, and trained the Taliban, (then known as the Mujahadeen) in order to enable them to fight a proxy war against their Commie adversaries. They even used their connections to recruit young idealists from across the Middle East to join in the glorious struggle against the Communist oppression in Afghanistan. Among the recruits was a young Osama Bin Laden. let's be honest here. Was Carter really interested in replacing a Commie state with an Islamic zealot organization? Of course not! He was interested in redirecting the illicit cash flow from the Communists to us!

Eventually the Commies were deposed and the Taliban took control of thier nation in the name of Islam. At first the Taliban Fundies allowed the poppy cultivation to continue because they needed the immediate cash flow to stabilize their country's economy, which had been crippled by the prolonged war. This was exactly what our government wanted, of course, since now most of the invisible cash was going into their coffers and not the Russians.

But then, after a year or two, the Fundies got crazy, as Fundies often do. They passes a law forbidding the citizenry from cultivating the poppy, and, within 8 months, they had almost wiped out the entire poppy trade from their borders. I think you can all guess what America's reaction to this new development was. They manufactured a pretext for war and invaded Afghanistan, deposing the Taliban and assuming absolute control over the manufacture of opium.

according to the High Command, our forces are doing everything they can to curb the cultivation of the poppy in the country. In spite of this claim the New York Times noted that the production of opium was up by 26% over last year's inventory, despite our military's best efforts to eradicate the cultivation. Gee, it only took the Taliban 8 months to reign it in, but our crack troops can't even begin to put a dent in the dope trade! How convenient.

The large objectives then are to secure the oil, secure the dope and surround Iran for the inevitable war that we will wage upon them in the name of our most sacred of objects; the State of Israel. And they don't care how many of your kid's lives they have to sacrifice for this to happen. These are the goals of our corporate government, all draped in red, white and blue and validated by the ongoing false-flag terrorism that they wage upon us and the rest of the world.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Am I missing something with the pictures?????
I see:
Two pics of oil fires
Two pics of Iraqi currency
One pic of a nice stairway, and
One pic of some people getting off a plane.

What exactly is this supposed to expose? That U.S. forces are protecting the only natural resource in the country, while spending money to rebuild the country, while important people fly in and out of the country?

Could they work for TPTB? Probably, as Iraq is not yet much of a tourist destination. Almost everyone arriving in private jets would be gov. officials of some sort.

Now dont get me wrong, I am an airborne infantry vet and I didnt really support the war in Iraq. I'm not trying to tear you, but what is the unheard truth that I am supposed to be bracing for? I didnt see or read anything earth shattering in your post.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Stop-loss thanks for posting this. Hope you come home soon.

The war is not for the US to gain anything, the taxpayers get nothing out of this, only the corporations make money. I always wonder how long can the tax payers sustain this war before the US becomes a 3rd world country.

I am against the war but not the soldiers, I am against those who sent you there. If blood will be spilled, let it be for a noble purpose and not for the personal motive of these corporations and greedy politician. That is what we (or most of us anyway) the people who is against the war in Iraq are standing for.

Thank you for standing up, I am very proud of you.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I hope I did not risk my career in vain for I have faith that you guys will someday fight for what is right and bring peace to the world. Well good night and if I ever stop coming to ATS, then im most likely dead or in jail so no worries.

I don't think you have to worry about anything. The pictures do not show anything criminal or nefarious going on. You've only stated your opinion on why the Iraq war was waged. You're fine.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Bless you Stop-loss, stay safe, hope you will be home soon along with all the other soldiers, I am 100% behind you.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Hate to but Have to.

NO. I'm not there at the moment nor, somewhat undoubtedly, are you.

Hindsight-recollections along with a bunch of woulda-shoulda-coulda mentions and missives all the while and throughout ... or at least, at best.

Previous references to being "there", "home" and since "redeployed" Certainly aren't supported by the times and amount of daily board activity, since.

Previously. yes, perhaps
Home. yes, perhaps.
Redeployed. NO, not a chance

The "portrayals" posted are that of days gone by (previous deployments, perhaps) mixed with a sort of (now home) woulda, shoulda -like cnsiderations ...

... with the "since redeployed" revelations seeming little mOar than a continuance and/or wash-rinse-repeat of the same.

My personal guess/stance...

What we're seeing now is that of a family member, relative or close friend taking offense and/or opposition to an enlisted's deployment being extended via "Stop-Loss" ... and nothing more.

FWIW:
Daily Sit-Reps from commanders, battalions and those in the field Today/Everyday ... IF you'd care to compare notes.

NOT a bigger # issue, Here ... just seeking intellectual openness, honesty and integrity overall. That's all.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
we see much better truths on the news like bbc

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I can appreciate the fact that you want to get the "truth" out there, regardless of what it is. However I do not agree with your methods. You are showing people in your photos taken with a "platoon camera"

This is just dumb and I hope that your superiors get wind of what you have done. Posting possibly sensitive material should not be allowed here in ATS. It very well may be but I need to read the rules and regs. Why don't you just discuss troop movements and your exact location? Might as well since you obviously don't know what OPSEC is soldier.

Mods, I highly suggest you remove these pictures from this site ASAP. I will be contacting the Army and advising of this post and the release of sensitive pictures (taken with Gov't property and there fore considered sensitive material) and the leak of sensitive info by one of our own.

If you feel you need to get the "truth" out, then you should have done so with an explanation in text only without the pictures.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You didn't have to do this. You need to be careful. These wars are a symptom of our deeper human problems. Truth is hard to come by but at the end of the day it isn't going to solve much. I appreciate what you are doing but I just sat here shaking my head saying, "You didn't have to do that." Don't make things harder on yourself than you have to.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Hey OP, what does a price of a gallon of gas go for there?

It runs around 93 cents a gallon if you add it up, they sell it in liters though.
Its higher quality gas then in the USA.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You need to be careful about what pictures you post too, the one where the guy is counting the money was clearly taken on base, because of the guy in the PT clothes.

If they catch you posting photos from on a base, you can get arrested if they want to be aholes about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've deployed to Iraq myself and have come to a entirely different perspective on why we're there. We're there because the military-industrial complex is out of control. The War in Iraq has generated billions and billions of dollars of contracts for the defense industry. It's a force to be reckoned with.

I'm not discounting oil as one of the contributing reasons for our decision to invade Iraq. I just think that reducing it to oil alone is misleading and confounding. There's a hell of a lot more going on in Iraq than just securing oil.

All of these defense contractors (e.g. KBR, L3, DynCorp, Xe) have a stronghold on our foreign policy interests through lobbyists and the revolving door culture. We're creating an endless cycle of wars to feed this imperialist, self-perpetuating monster.

The War on Terror was engineered by the Pentagon and the defense industry to promote their financial interests and to further their agenda.

Wake up folks.

link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Ive seen some Black water activity in my past deployments but this current one they seem to be MIA?

link   
Explanation:
Oi! Heads up to all the freaking naysayers of Stop-loss!'s ethos/reputation! FYI!......YOUR WRONG! Here is why....

Depressing Chrismas for us soldiers. [ATS Thread started by Stop-loss!]

From that source "It has already been checked by some mod and sent me a u2u, but I dont think the mod said anything on my thread yet so im good. Its ok byproductions, I knew what I was getting myself into when I made this thread. The constant
that I have recieved just proved that ATS is not ready to become a threat to TPTB due to high ignorance and hatred. Its alright though, they can vent all they like for it doesn't affect me, except for the thread I made after this one.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]"

Oh and what was that thread he mentioned?
Oh yes it was this one that I got in some trouble for promoting!
:shk:

OPSEC gone wrong. I am screwed! [thread started by Stop-loss! moved to BTS ]

[Note: Log into BTS for best veiwing pleasure OK!]

And why did that happen?
Was it because I just clearly showed Stop-loss! and others the WAY OUT of their SitX? See Here....

All OmegaLogos's Post to the above linked ATS thread!

Stop-loss! has more than enough proved that they are who they say they are! Besides these attacks are Ad Hominens and have no place on ATS at all!

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hey if there are any patriots in another thread there are the people turned loose on your families here while you are out defending the country!!!!!EXCLUSIVE: CIA Secret 'Torture' Prison Found at Fancy Horseback Riding Academy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join