It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (EXPOSED!)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by inked up

I usually stay logged on, but im not always on the laptop. The connection could be better but oh well, Iraq will still be a 3rd world country.

Hmm, that doesn't explain why you show as "logged off" a lot of the time then does it? Like now. I have no problem with service personnel but this doesn't even remotely seem viable to me. You may have been there but I seriously doubt you are now. Any time someone posts to that extent you ignore them. Why?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Isn't the person who posted these pictures risking his life? Like Pat Tillman? Good on you for doing it and showing what many of us suspected (the awake ones) but keep safe.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gisellewilding
Isn't the person who posted these pictures risking his life? Like Pat Tillman? Good on you for doing it and showing what many of us suspected (the awake ones) but keep safe.

What exactly did the OP show you that you didn't know? What exactly isn't already public knowledge? Did you really not know the US was guarding Iraqi oil pipelines? Did you really not know logically that the US was paying Iraqi's in their nation's currency? Take 2 min and use google and you would see this is all public knowledge. If it wasn't and this was secret, the OP would be in military jail right now, and this thread would be closed in the interest of national security.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

What exactly did the OP show you that you didn't know? What exactly isn't already public knowledge? Did you really not know the US was guarding Iraqi oil pipelines? Did you really not know logically that the US was paying Iraqi's in their nation's currency? Take 2 min and use google and you would see this is all public knowledge. If it wasn't and this was secret, the OP would be in military jail right now, and this thread would be closed in the interest of national security.

Most things that are posted on this website are out there somewhere else on the internet. But this here is as reliable proof as you will ever get, and it is conveniently located on ATS. Pictures from a U.S. Soldier. How many of those can you find on google? None because if a U.S. Soldier uploaded the photos so it could easily be found on google he probably wouldn't be a U.S. Soldier anymore.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang

Most things that are posted on this website are out there somewhere else on the internet. But this here is as reliable proof as you will ever get, and it is conveniently located on ATS. Pictures from a U.S. Soldier. How many of those can you find on google? None because if a U.S. Soldier uploaded the photos so it could easily be found on google he probably wouldn't be a U.S. Soldier anymore.

So let me get this straight, your response to me was basically saying "Yes this is all public knowledge and could easily be found using google, but most people are too lazy to do any research and just believe what's on ATS, so bravo to the OP." That is essentially what you just said.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

yes. People frequently get material off the internet and post it on ATS for the purpose of discussion. The advantage with ATS is you get alternative news AND the chance to discuss it with other intelligent people. It seems to me like you are missing the whole point of ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by inked up

I usually stay logged on, but im not always on the laptop. The connection could be better but oh well, Iraq will still be a 3rd world country.

Hmm, that doesn't explain why you show as "logged off" a lot of the time then does it? Like now. I have no problem with service personnel but this doesn't even remotely seem viable to me. You may have been there but I seriously doubt you are now. Any time someone posts to that extent you ignore them. Why?

Explanation:
:shk:

As a super
you could have easily resolved whether Stop-loss!'s ISP and/or IP addresses are valid as per his claims and infact I'm quite sure that Stop-loss! mentions that this was already checked by a mod AND I directly refered to that EXPLICIT comment made on another of Stop-loss!'s threads IN THIS THREAD! See HERE!

Why are you attempting to derail this thread and make it about Stop-loss! instead of focusing on the topic at hand i.e. "Now that I have shown you what is happening here in the middle east, do you still believe that we are here to restore order or bring peace to the middle east or to simply make corporate interests?", which is the EXPLICIT question asked in the OP by Stop-loss!

IMO your publicly expressed doubts about Stop-loss!'s claims is a subtle attempt to Ad Hominen them!
You have the power to stop all this breaching of T&C's by either Mod'ing the members who are Ad Hominen attacking Stop-loss! OR you can Mod Stop-loss for HOAXING!
What is it going to be?
Either result would deny ignorance in this thread and on this issue in a very big way!

Personal Disclosure: Could not your question have been handled PRIVATELY by u2u instead of making it an issue on this thread?

P.S.
Maybe Stop-loss! is ignoring whoever due to the constant off topic attacks!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

yes. People frequently get material off the internet and post it on ATS for the purpose of discussion. The advantage with ATS is you get alternative news AND the chance to discuss it with other intelligent people. It seems to me like you are missing the whole point of ATS.

I am guessing you didn't read my other posts. Which is 100% fine, so I am not in any way trying to belittle you. One of my points was that the OP was not exposing anything. He posted pictures of something we have known about that has been public knowledge since 2003 at least. Then he didn't do the research to see the true reason why the military is doing those things, and inferred meaning without research. In essence, he was just as lazy as apparently you are saying most people on ATS are in terms of not taking the time to do any research.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I am guessing you didn't read my other posts. Which is 100% fine, so I am not in any way trying to belittle you. One of my points was that the OP was not exposing anything. He posted pictures of something we have known about that has been public knowledge since 2003 at least. Then he didn't do the research to see the true reason why the military is doing those things, and inferred meaning without research. In essence, he was just as lazy as apparently you are saying most people on ATS are in terms of not taking the time to do any research.

According to you, I am lazy because I don't have time due to my busy life to research things as a hobby. According to you, Stop-Loss is lazy because he can't find enough time in his Army life to research things as a hobby. Now that we have established that I am lazy, let's get back to the topic.

I have heard from many people that we are in Iraq for oil, but this is the first time I have seen pictures that prove it. The reason that I hadn't seen pictures before may just be because I didn't care enough to go off on my own to research this topic. Well, now that I am on ATS, the important topics come to me, and I can go on leading my busy, lazy life while still getting these important truth-revealing stories that deny my ignorance.

So while you may have done the research and found hard evidence that America was in Iraq for oil, I'm guessing 95% of America's population has not seen the hard evidence that Stop-Loss has posted, and I was one of them.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

According to you, I am lazy because I don't have time due to my busy life to research things as a hobby. According to you, Stop-Loss is lazy because he can't find enough time in his Army life to research things as a hobby. Now that we have established that I am lazy, let's get back to the topic.

I have heard from many people that we are in Iraq for oil, but this is the first time I have seen pictures that prove it. The reason that I hadn't seen pictures before may just be because I didn't care enough to go off on my own to research this topic. Well, now that I am on ATS, the important topics come to me, and I can go on leading my busy, lazy life while still getting these important truth-revealing stories that deny my ignorance.

So while you may have done the research and found hard evidence that America was in Iraq for oil, I'm guessing 95% of America's population has not seen the hard evidence that Stop-Loss has posted, and I was one of them.

Wait wait wait..... how do these pictures show that we are in Iraq because of oil? They show that the US in one of thousands of operations in Iraq is protecting the Northern Iraq oil pipelines. Um, duh.

And yes, I am sorry but it is lazy to not take the 30 seconds to enter a search phrase into google. If this soldier has enough time to respound consistently within this thread, he also has the time to take a short amount of time to use google. Additionally, I am an exceptionally busy person, and I have the time to read research and pay attention to this stuff, so I would prefer not to hear excuses as to how busy you are. You chose not to take the 30 seconds to use google and the maybe 5min to read any one of the 7,500,000+ search results. So yes that is lazy in regards to forming informed logical opinions. I find it is best for all parties to do research before opening their mouths.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thank you for giving us your personal and informed perspective. Star and Flag, keep it up

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank you for giving us your personal and informed perspective. Star and Flag, keep it up

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Wait wait wait..... how do these pictures show that we are in Iraq because of oil? They show that the US in one of thousands of operations in Iraq is protecting the Northern Iraq oil pipelines. Um, duh.

Ok that is a legitimate question that is actually relevant.

Our mission was "accomplished" in Iraq on May 2, 2003. These photos were taken in 2006, more than 3 years after "Mission Accomplished." Whatever the initial mission was whether it was to get Saddam Hussein out or find WMDs, that was not the reason why troops were still in Iraq in 2006. These photos show that one of the reasons that our troops were still in Iraq was to protect America's oil interests from disgruntled Iraqis who wanted to burn our oil. I say that our oil interests is the primary reason that we were and are in Iraq because my opinion is that we want to build Iraq up into a puppet democracy so we can keep the oil flow going.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Ok that is a legitimate question that is actually relevant.

Our mission was "accomplished" in Iraq on May 2, 2003. These photos were taken in 2006, more than 3 years after "Mission Accomplished." Whatever the initial mission was whether it was to get Saddam Hussein out or find WMDs, that was not the reason why troops were still in Iraq in 2006. These photos show that one of the reasons that our troops were still in Iraq was to protect America's oil interests from disgruntled Iraqis who wanted to burn our oil. I say that our oil interests is the primary reason that we were and are in Iraq because my opinion is that we want to build Iraq up into a puppet democracy so we can keep the oil flow going.

If you go back a little bit in this thread, I outline what it was that I think the US was truly doing in Iraq. Take a read and let me know what you think.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Of course the reason we are there is "Oil", sad that our soldiers are dying over there so we can drive cars.

Thanks for sharing what you finally found out and we have known for years.

We don't need the oil in Iraq...we have plenty here.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Mods are members first and more than welcome to post in any thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

So I just went through about 8 of the 10 pages of this thread and I have 1 big question, where do you get your information?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
gee you sure have a lot of free time on your hands considering you're on active duty at the moment.

you posted a picture of a bag-full of money. those 25k notes equate to about 20 US dollars. (sorry if this fact has already been posted) what is your point in posting that pic?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I think there was a much more grandiose intent in mind than most people are giving them credit for. I don't think it was as simple as oil, or WMD's or terrorism. Personally, I think Bush and those in his administration saw this as an expansion from the war on terror, to also bringing democracy to the middle east. I believe they thought this democracy would then spread to neighboring countries and eventually moderate the entire region. With a more moderate middle east, I am sure they summarized that they would have a more open trading partner for oil and natural resources, finally achieve peace with Israel, and marginalize and exterminate the radical Islamic terrorist element. I think they saw Iraq as the place to get a foothold for democracy in the middle east for the thinking I just briefly laid out. I think they truly thought WMD's would be found since every intelligence agency in the world thought they had them, and this would be a easy precursor to use for why they needed to go into Iraq. Little did they know that while Saddam was in fact pursuing WMD's, his military commanders and scientists were lying to him about the progress due to their fear of his reactions (this is fact). They thought it was a forgone conclusion WMD's would be found and it blew up in their face (no pun intended). Basically, they saw Iraq as a grandiose overall solution to the problems that have been going on in the middle east for generations, and at the same time securing the availability of natural resources.

The interesting part in my opinion, is that we will never know if they end up being right. Who knows how Democracy will be viewed and spread over the next 100-200 years. There will come a time in which this war in the middle east is a distant memory. Will democracy flourish and spread in the middle east at that time? Who knows. Either way, that the brief version of why I think the US really went to Iraq. Yes oil was part of it, but it wasn't that simple in my opinion. I think they had a grandiose, region altering philosophy.

Star for you. I completely agree with you on this as much as I hate to. We agree on why we went into Iraq, the big question is just why are we still in Iraq. How much of Bush's region altering philosophy does Obama share?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonathan0220

I am so sick of these conspiracy theories. People taking the slightest thing that they can't understand and they turn it into some evil global corporate empire. Enough with the TV show dramatics. I've seen wonderful things in Iraq. Marines rebuilding homes, schools and helping to fix irrigation and electrical problems.

Somehow I think you stumbled into ATS by mistake.

Ps. Since the US bombed the crap out of the country for non-existent WMD's they SHOULD be fixing the infrastructure.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join