It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you close your eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What do you see? Do you dream? Do you see shapes?
I think I see shapes like hexagons, Does that mean anything?

Do you astral travel?

I've been seeing shapes and I would like to get the actual OBE, I believe I've done it before.

Can dreams be considered astral travel?

Shouldn't we all basically see things similar?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think the term for seeing colours and shapes when you have your eyes closed, is hypnogogic imagery. I get it pretty much straight away when I shut my eyes, but it's apparently more vivid when you're on the awake/asleep border. (I can never remember)

I have heard, with reguards to astral travel, that the hypnogogic images can be a sign that you're going to astral travel, I think you have to ignore them, or just let them be there and they'll go on their own, but I have read somewhere about that. Good luck with your astral travel, I too have tried and failed, keep on trying, I'm sure one of us'll get there in the end.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What about lustful dreams, is it just me?
Why would I have them and why would they be so vivid?
Parallel universe type stuff...
How do I get rid of em , I mean I really don't mind em, but I rather be able to have OBE and experience what I want and not what my mind thinks I want.

Just my mind playing tricks on me?
Maybe cause I quit smoking, made my dreams more lucid?

What would you guys suggest more meditation.

or should I just not let it bother me.

I mean it wasn't a nightmare so thats a plus... lol like a 500LB women crushing me or something.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by anoymous7]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
honestly, i believe dreams CAN be astral travel, but not all are.
i do believe that once individuals begin to spiritually awaken their dreams become more lucid, more astral, more real. at least that has been my experience. it has been the one phenomena i could count on until now, i'm becoming more consistently precog. but i can still use my dreams in ways that most people talk about training themselves or working hard at (so at first i didn't even realize it was considered astral traveling as i didn't consciously intend on doing so) though now i can fly through space and visit people i miss dearly.

when i close my eyes i see a residual image of the last thing my eyeballs viewed. :/ though when i get in a good meditation i can see images, owls usually. sometimes a goddess. which is strange i've never subscribed to any of the goddess religion mysticism. i've also trained myself to see somewhat with my mind's eye, or third eye, and have seen glimpses as a psychic, maybe one day i'll be able to do real intuitive readings for FREE! big dreams.

anyways, all this may be passed off as.....schizophrenia? and touche, could be. but i don't believe so, at least i believe some amount of schizophrenia is misunderstood.

what you see means something to YOU. and you can find what hexagons usually symbolize, and this can get your mind running on the topic and you can intuit, or feel, the correct meaning for yourself. listen, really listen to your SELF, on the inside, and you will tell yourself the answer. its simple once you quiet yourself and believe.

good luck!
its much fun, but a long journey, indeed.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It depends on what mood, mind-state I am in.. Sometimes I see images of places, which seemingly swell out of nothing into vivid pictures. I've seen my dad cooking in the kitchen, wearing an apron he got as a gag gift, just shortly after I awoke from a short sleep.. I went upstairs to see him wearing the same thing. That doesn't even begin to cover tripping on psychedelics. haha

Extra line for [psychedelic] substance.

[edit for inserted pun]

[edit on 10-1-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am glad you started this thread. When I close my eyes, I see very defined images. If seems as if I am viewing a very dark monitor on the inside of my eyelids.

Most of the time I just see floating blobs that change shapes and disappear, however very often I see actual images. I have seen street scenes with buildings and traffic, faces of people that come and go, they appear, seem to look around and then fade away. I have seen images of the typical grey alien also appear and then fade away.

The images I see are not like I see when I visualize in my mind someone or someplace that I know and am familiar with. Images I see with my eyes closed seem to be images I am actually seeing with my eyes even though my eyes are shut.

I have often wondered if other people see the same kind of things when they close their eyes and just "look" but I have never thought to ask anyone about it. Just seems kind of weird to ask about.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread. I too see with my third eye on occasion. I usually see a church with a cross. Sometimes ancient sometimes modern. I've also seen my hand when I wave it in front of my face. (with closed eyes) Lately I've been working on forgetting that I have eyes it seems once you do this you shift your awareness to what seems like looking up out of your skull. I still can't hold it but once I get that I usually see Red and Yellow colors.

Followed by a sound that reminds me of ripping up boards.

Hopefully someone has a take on this.
It's taken me months to make this progression.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by anoymous7

I see geometric shapes, fractals, waves of something that can only be described as white noise moving up over me. Just before new year I woke up to a the place before full wakefulness and a single reptiles eye opened up and looked straight at me, it seemed really old but very beautiful. Internaly I grinned and said “hi”.

Unfortunately my dog (she is heavy and huge) jumped on me and I came to full wakefulness and the lucid moment was lost.

I meditate often and lights tunnels, shapes and faces, sounds are not uncommon occurrences for me and in some instances I even hear voices but not so that I need medication just rationalisation that the mind is a powerful tool to be exercised just as much as the body.

Binaural beats + fractals + well versed in meditation and visualisation = bags of fun and games. It is a shame those who mediate are a minority in society.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I see faces, people, places, sometimes people who look happy. Sometimes they look scared or pleading. Sometimes I see monster faces, scary laughing faces.

Another weird thing is that I see shapes that explode into existence in the fraction of a second when i hear a sound. For example, I may hear the t.v. crack (I don't know why it does that), then a spiral flash may show up, or a pattern of checkers, or colors....

top topics

join