It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big secret of a master Mason: "What, the builder!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Freemasonry is not a religion. In fact, I believe it would be highly complementary to Islam.

The nature of a man's belief in God is never questioned in Freemasonry. He must only profess to belief in a Supreme Being. The reason for this is simple - without belief in a heavenly Father and Creator then the morality and ethics taught by Freemasonry would be meaningless.

In my lodge, as in many lodges, a candidate is allowed to take his obligation using the Holy Qu'ran if he likes.

Ultimately Masons are taught that mankind is all one family under the Fatherhood of God.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by Matthew Dark

You were probably one of the kids in elementary school that would join the "Pen 15 Club" because an older kid told you it would make you cool.

Why should a religion be secretive? Why should knowledge be held back from the public? What God would advocate this type of egotistical chicanery? Answer: God wants his knowledge SPREAD to rich and to poor, non exclusively, not held captive and only given to a select few who pay enough dues for years.

Freemasonry is a sham. You feel like everybody envies you because you "know the secrets". Really, most of the population is laughing at you and your "Spanky's Clubhouse".

It's incredibly ironic that Freemasonry teaches PRECISELY what you are saying.

The 'knowledge' or 'secrets' that are supposed to be contained within the fraternity are in truth available to anybody, free of charge.

I won't pretend, though, that there aren't brothers who become Masons for selfish reasons. The beauty of Freemasonry is that we believe all people are equal and all journeys of faith are valid.

Freemasonry, among other numberless mystery schools, exists precisely to assist a man on his faith journey. Many people don't need or want help. Many of us, though, have found Freemasonry to be a powerful tool that augments our own beliefs.

Ultimately (in my own humble opinion) I believe that a devout Muslim and a dedicated Master Mason will eventually realize the exact same conclusion; namely, that we are all on a journey to the East to find light, truth, beauty and wisdom.

We all strive to experience the overwhelming and unconditional Love of God and to set aside our personal interests in service to others.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Just kidding Rune, I wouldn't want to be attacked by ninjas at the door whilst trying to infiltrate the secret meetings.

Darn tootin', I trained those ninjas!

Unfortunately that means they can bought out by a cup of coffee and a Krispy Kreme Doughnut...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
lol, seriously, for all of you hating on Masonry, and thinking it's hiding all this crazy stuff, unless you have some sort of criminal background, any Lodge would be glad to let you join and learn everything that each one of them had the opportunity to learn.

It is not exclusive, and it's not secret. You just have to take the steps to get to what you want. It's like reading a book, you don't get to know what its all about until you read it.

The stuff in this forum lately is terribly out of control.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coemgen
"Mah-Ha-Bone" is defined as "What, the builder!".

The first question I would ask If I had gone through all the initiation and practice to get to that level and be whispered something like that.

The funny part is a lot of people may attempt to find out if it is really said. Of course what sorts of things would they have done to have heard this.

The curiosity if that is actually what it is all about may inspire some to actually find out.

So what would the message intend.
It most likely that there are multiple levels of information contained in this message.

It is almost a question, except it has an exclamation point. Perhaps it is a question with much emphasis.

The builder may be defined as a person that builds.

What, a person that builds!

What, a person that works!

When a person builds and does work detail must be attended to or the structure will not be safe. The people that design it and build it comprise the people that worked on it. And all of them have to care and put forth effort to accomplish their goal. If people are a unit of a society we build or do we not build our own society our own lives.

For the people, by the people, of the people, for the people.

At the point a person has heard this and understands the words, "Mah-Ha-Bone" and "What, the builder!" they must have spent a lot of time and energy to reach the level to be told this very significant information.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Coemgen]

MaHaBone is decoded in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the stone refused by the builders (Psalm 118)

varedi (of a rose or rosy) VRDI = 220
novus ordo seclorum = 220
ma-ha-bone = 220

Add 53 to 220 and we arrive again at 273. (Hiram Abiff)

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
btw,
its Boné, not "Bone" (BO-NEH) in hebrew.

I checked some of what this bill guy talks about. seems quite genuine to me.
I have met some masons (in my case a lawyer) and gave him the signs as bill speaks about and got a small discount on the fees.
Gave him the hand shake also.
It was funny his whole office was a masonic shrine.. bit scary actually.
From the checkered floor to the square and compass statues.

I tried to get some info out of him besides degree and lodge but when he gave me a few wierd looks I just stayed with the discount.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Why 53?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

53 Answer:

The union of the Father and the Son is the Cornerstone of Creation and the foundation of the Christian Faith:

www.biblewheel.com...

53 + 220 (Ma Ha Bone) = 273.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-3-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Alright, the "Jubile" link might be interesting, since the murderers of the Widow's son were supposed to be Jubela, Jubelo, and Jubellum. But hey, I still think it's randomly chosen.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yes "Mah-Ha-Bone" is whispered in an ear along with stance of the five points of fellowship. Which are foot to foot, knee to knee, hand to hand, chest to chest and cheek to cheek.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousexmason

Yes "Mah-Ha-Bone" is whispered in an ear along with stance of the five points of fellowship. Which are foot to foot, knee to knee, hand to hand, chest to chest and cheek to cheek.

since that is incorrect, I will have to assume your ATS name is just for fun.
Close, but no cigar.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by network dude]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
I've heard that the great secret revealed to a master Mason once he reaches 33rd degree is "Mah-Ha-Bone". Whispered into his ear, after receiving the "five points of fellowship", the saying literally means "What, the builder!".

I know nobody is going to confirm or deny this.. But I've heard it from multiple sources.

Well I will confirm it for you, yes it is given (as in the way you describe above) but a. not in the 33rd Degree and b. the meaning is incorrect - in my lodge it as 2 separate meanings but both meaning the same thing (of course in other lodges it could be different)

Therefore I assume like chinese whispers things have been changed over the course of you receiving said information.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coemgen
Most importantly,

Mah ha bone

Represents the Builder or Great Architect of the Universe.

On this occasion, no that is incorrect.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I never ceased to be amazed at how much people obsess over 'words' and 'handshakes'.

You are trying too hard. I can't just come right out and explain it, but if you know what 'wag the dog' means then you are on the right track.

Does it make any sense logically or intuitively that we have been hiding gibberish words and secret handshakes from you for 300 years?

If those were indeed the "super duper uber top secrets" then wouldn't it follow that we would change them on a regular basis to protect them?

Yet for more than 300 years (officially, perhaps much longer) we have used the exact same modes of recognition.

Speaking for myself (not Freemasonry), if I had a deep dark secret I didn't want you to know it would be easier for me to send you on a bunch of wild goose chases so that you expend all your time and energy chasing down dead-end leads so that you don't pay attention to the biggest secret that is, ironically, right in front of your face.

Anyway, I just thought it was humorous.

Here's a riddle for you to ponder in your search:

ODE TO GIBBERISH

Letters, words and syllables, oh my!
To discover 'Why Not?' you must first ask, "Why"?

Handshakes, symbols and demons, oh me!
To look for the answer you must first Learn to see.

What Word is the secret? What number to try?
You must die to live, and to live you must die!

Hint - the Word is the Word, and the number is three.
The most valuable treasures can be had for free.

So, don't try too hard; Let go of your fear -
When the student is ready the Teacher appears.

Many paths and journeys, some near; some far:
Wherever you go remember - There You Are.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Nice poem brother. I like the Remo Williams touch at the end.
Very poetic and true.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"The former mason turned Christian"?

Masons CAN be Christians!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Don't listen to the Freemasons here attack Bill Schnoebelen's character. That's a typical cop-out of people who don't want to argue on facts. Yes, he's been wrong a few times, but he provides a lot of useful information.

He's a fraud. He uses trumped up "life stories" to make himself appear as an expert.

He's a shining example of intolerance - which is a plague in this world.

Yes, Bill is a waste.

Because nothing says tolerance like, "He's a waste".

And for GAOTU's sake, would someone please Free Mason, without him....we'll never find Waldo.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzinger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can I not get a guy in blackface saying "ha-ma-bone" out of my head....I should of never come here....ahhhhhhhh......

"Where fashion sits...Puttin on the ritz"...Falco

Peace

edit: for "mah ha bone"...

Puttin on the ritz.....infectious little tune for those of you who remember...go ahead hum it, you want to you know it.....go on...it's easy watch

Puttin on the ritz....

out...peace

[edit on 7-4-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousexmason

It's actually

foot to foot
knee to knee
breast to breast
hand to back
mouth to ear (or cheek to cheek)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

They can't. Christians throughout history have said that Christianity and Freemasonry are irreconcilabe.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

They can't. Christians throughout history have said that Christianity and Freemasonry are irreconcilabe.

Uh...actually they can!

Some Popes have said that (even though the flock isn't of one mind about Papal Infallibility on that matter). But there're a lot more Christian sects than just Roman Catholic.

But I guess that just doesn't count, now does it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join