It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens Have Souls ??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not sure if this topic has been discussed on here yet.
Question: Where do aliens fit into the Judeo-Christian concept of creation ?
Do aliens have souls ??

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

Nobody knows.

Unfortunately Aliens haven't made themselves known to us and we don't know their religion.

We don't even know if they exist.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No one on this site could possibly give you a truthful answer to that question.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hmmmm....
You might be right about that.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Lacenaire]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, let's put it this way. If aliens do exist (which I believe they do), and according to my religion God created everything (I'm Christian), then God must've created aliens. Therefore it would be logical to conclude that aliens to have souls, but only from a Christian perspective.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Do you believe that an Ant has a soul?

Or a Chimpanzee?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Obviously we will not have definite answer to this kind of question but opinions can be voiced. I don't see why we would have a soul and aliens would not, unless you believe in aliens being the angels and demons of the bible.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Or a Chimpanzee?

Why do you think that they dont have?? And who says that Chimpanzee don't have soul after all we were back in history Chimps

I hope aliens have more soul than people

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Or a Chimpanzee?

Well thats hard to say since it's all about perspective. To an extremely advanced alien race we are merely ants. Do you think they believe we have a soul?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunksNotDead

Why do you think that they dont have??

I don't believe i stated that they don't?
I just asked a question and was curious to see what the answer was.

And who says that Chimpanzee don't have soul after all we were back in history Chimps

Eh?
I'm not sure i fully understand what you're saying?

Are you saying we were chimps?

I hope aliens have more soul than people

I hope aliens exist.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My opinion..

Soul=Consciousness, Energy.

Everything that it's alive has a soul. From an ant, to a flower, to us and even our sun.
If aliens exist and they were created naturally they must have a soul.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, part of the confusion lies in the confusion between soul and spirit. The soul is not interrelated with the spirit at all. We are a soul with a spirit, at least earthlings.

Now, let me explain. Your soul is basically your emotional body in the flesh. The gamut of your emotions,rage,hate, sadness, love, et cetera, are what make up your soulic body. When one passes, those things die with the flesh, with exception to the emotion of love. That's because love is all there truly is.

With that in mind, going by descriptions of aliens by abductees, I'd say no they don't have a soul. However, this does not mean they don't have a spirit.

Spirit, or "The breath of life," is what animates the animation. It is what gives us the ability of locomotion. There is, at least from my understaning, not a thing in this universe without spirit.

For a better understanding of what I am talking about see this link: The Soul Vs. The Spirit

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeShallBeFree

Well thats hard to say since it's all about perspective. To an extremely advanced alien race we are merely ants. Do you think they believe we have a soul?

That was basically my point

But i was working from your perspective/logic... that being.... that because God created Ants and Chimps, that means they must have a soul.

That seemed to be what you were implying?

And asking me what a race/species or whatever, that we don't even know exists, thinks of us and whether we have souls or not?
Damn... i have no idea.

Perhaps they're more advanced and they KNOW one way or the other.

[edit on 10/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I don't believe that animals have a soul.
I say this because in the Biblical account, God did something extra when He created Man. He breathed His spirit into him (Adam).
I've been looking for a verse as a reference point, but can't seem to find it.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I believe that the recent Vatican ET Conference confirmed, from a catholic perspective, that God created everything, so aliens are as much a part of God's creation as we are.

I personally believe that ET's have souls- I believe that everything is connected in the cosmic consciousness; humans, aliens, animals, plants and even rocks.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Do humans have a soul?

If you can answer that question you automatically have the answer to your own question.
Stop seeing as aliens being something else as humans. The level of knowledge and the form of the body are merely minute differences, the canvas is the same.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

I was mainly saying that to kingoftheworld... as they seemed to say that aliens, because (in his/her view) they were created by God... must have soul.
And by that logic, so must all insects, mammals and so on.

Was just a side issue really.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We don't even know if we have souls ..

---

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade

Stop seeing as aliens being something else as humans. The level of knowledge and the form of the body are merely minute differences, the canvas is the same.

And you're basing this on what?

What aliens have you seen and met....which museums have you been to that had the "alien" display/gallery?

And which alien scriptures have you read or translated by which you can judge what their level of knowledge is ?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade

And you're basing this on what?

What aliens have you seen and met....which museums have you been to that had the "alien" display/gallery?

And which alien scriptures have you read or translated by which you can judge what their level of knowledge is ?

even if by some fluke you have failed to see my signature. Logic would suggest that you have to go on known knowledge of life and the only example we ahve are from earth so far if we look at it from human standpoint. This does not rule out life other then the structure used on earth, but doe make the chance smaller for it in being so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join