It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why i believe the Roswell Incident was a Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
How can anyone believe the Air Force Project Mogul/Test Dummy explanation? IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Right-click and save this audio file to your computer, then listen to USAF Col. John Haynes at the famous 1995 Pentagon Roswell press conference:
partners.nytimes.com...

*Col. Haynes says claims of alien bodies seen at the RAAF hospital in 1947 were a combination of two accidents which occurred in 1956 and 1959. How can this be if the Roswell incident occurred in 1947?!

First :36 seconds are Col. John Haynes:
www.youtube.com...
*How did the media let them get away with these obvious lies back in 1995? Witnesses saw test dummies in 1947 when they weren't even used until 1953?

Jesse Marcel knows what he saw and handled. It's an insult to him and his family to say he misidentified the material from a Mogul balloon as an alien craft. None of the materials used in the Mogul arrays was exotic. It was made of material he had seen many times during his training. In the famous picture of Major Marcel holding up a piece of weather balloon, you can see the expression on his face of "you've got to be kidding me, this isn't was we found."
www.youtube.com...

The highest ranking officer to ever talk about Roswell Brig General Thomas DuBose - Chief of Staff Ft. Worth
www.youtube.com...
"it was a cover story. the balloon part of it."

The Military were the ones who said they recovered a flying disk, then retracted it. They're the ones who never get their dates correct and say wrecks and dummies from the 1950's are what witnesses remember seeing.

Oh, and I suggest everyone read "Witness To Roswell" for a multitude of witness testimony.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
my problem with any alien craft crash recovery story is this, they are smart enough to traverse space and time to get here then they crash land into a sand dune adjacent to a military base. . . .

Seriously if aliens are visiting with their vastly superior tech, they are not crashing in the desert. I guess they must have stopped at hooters to get tanked before the return trip and drunkenly veered into the dunes

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Why couldnt they crash? Im not understanding your logic. Learning to traverse astronomical distances does not in any way imply "perfection". If aliens have technology to come here, why couldn't they be subject to being hit by lightning like our planes? You can't assume aliens arent prone to mistakes because of technology. We are just as prone to mistakes if not moreso since we have been for 2000 yrs. It's called learn as you go. That's how living things learn. Through mistakes and accidents.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
my problem with any alien craft crash recovery story is this, they are smart enough to traverse space and time to get here then they crash land into a sand dune adjacent to a military base. . . .

Seriously if aliens are visiting with their vastly superior tech, they are not crashing in the desert. I guess they must have stopped at hooters to get tanked before the return trip and drunkenly veered into the dunes

It is a good point you make, but not even space traversing aliens are perfect, obviously

One likely theory is the worlds most powerful radar, at that time, was very close to the area and may have caused the propulsion system of the craft to malfunction.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I'm not sure if this idea has been pitched before but maybe they crashed on purpose to start the technology/abduction trade.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Boyd Bushman says he knows the pilot who shot down the 1947 Roswell alien craft:

www.youtube.com...

Boyd Bushman (1928–) is a retired senior research engineer who worked for Lockheed Martin (1986-2000),Texas Instruments and Hughes Aircraft. Regarded as one of the inventors of the Stinger missile.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Why couldnt they crash? Im not understanding your logic. Learning to traverse astronomical distances does not in any way imply "perfection". If aliens have technology to come here, why couldn't they be subject to being hit by lightning like our planes? You can't assume aliens arent prone to mistakes because of technology. We are just as prone to mistakes if not moreso since we have been for 2000 yrs. It's called learn as you go. That's how living things learn. Through mistakes and accidents.

I'm sorry let me be more clear about this. . . . the likely hood of a "crash" is relatively low (we do a decent job flying strapped to controlled explosions).

If an alien craft was "recovered" by the military it's most likely it was taken from said alien using the favorite human negotiating method. . . force

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Boyd Bushman says he knows the pilot who shot down the 1947 Roswell alien craft:

www.youtube.com...

Boyd Bushman (1928–) is a retired senior research engineer who worked for Lockheed Martin (1986-2000),Texas Instruments and Hughes Aircraft. Regarded as one of the inventors of the Stinger missile.

Is this for real?? Where is the rest of this documentary? I'm watching his videos on youtube. Amazing!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was first exposed to Boyd in his Paracast episode (go find it, GREAT show) where he covered technology and very much downplayed any alien/ufo stuff. He was well spoken and made sense. However after I looked into him following that exposure I was surprised and disappointed to find out some of the stuff that contradicts my initial impression from that interview. Sucks, just when I think I find someone worth listening to they get all woo woo on me.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Then the government later that day showed how it was in fact an experimental high-altitude surveillance balloon meant to detect sound waves generated by Soviet atomic bomb tests and ballistic missiles from a secret project called Project Mogul.

Just to be pedantic but as you point out further in the post the report of the recovery of a flying disc was changed later that day to a weather balloon.

It was some 40 years later that the AF released a report that changed it again to a balloon from Project Mogul.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
What really gets me is how popular this modern fairy tale was in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Oh, that's right, it wasn't. It wasn't popular until folks that were lucky enough to have lived in the area found ways to make themselves popular, guess that had to wait until the 80's and 90's.

Cause I mean, let's face it, if you and I were involved we would forget about this for 30 years too, perfectly normal. Oh yeah, the government threats, lol, forgot about those.

Look guys, if anything did happen at Roswell I bet none of the crap you hear from the publicity seekers and messed up folks involved with the fairy tale know crap about it. They are nothing more than products of human nature.

It was popular within the highest levels of the US Govt and armed forces judging by some of the classified material that has found it's way into the public domain.

In the 50's army and Govt threats didn't make people lol, it shut them up. Even now if it's serious enough it still does.

It was 30 years before the alleged crash was seriously investigated and anything appeared in the media.

By your logic why did it take the locals 30 years to work out a way to make themselves popular ? Did they base it on the media reports ? If so what were the media reports based on ? That Roswell is a conspiracy by the locals to make themselves popular is ludicrous.

The publicity seekers and messed up folks you mention, some of these were there and involved at the time. They obviously do not seek publicity and if they are messed up it is because of their involvement.

Just out of interest that something was recovered at Roswell is a fact. Which of the official stories do you believe, saucer, weather balloon or Mogul array ?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Boyd Bushman part 3 on youtube is the extended interview about the The Lockheed Martin pilot shooting down the Roswell UFO possibly with the Tesla death ray. The Tesla death ray is a ray that would disable all the mechanics of a plane to down the craft.

According to the interview the pilot took off from Texas heading west in the fastest plane at the time. The plane was carrying advanced weaponry, possibly the Tesla death ray. The pilot came across the UFO which was going faster than anything the US had at the time, so he radioed in asking do we have any friendlys in the sky, and the answer no.

So did he use the death ray to take it down? Unknown. But he did fire at it and take it down, then landed at a near by airport to inspect the crash. 1 Alien was walking around outside the craft, and a few others he could see were inside the craft. The walls of the craft were transparent, and the material of the craft all over the ground was sponge-like.

This description of the craft doesn't match up with Jesse Marcel's description of a paper thin tin foil type substance that is indestructable.

Also supposedly the death ray supposedly began construction in 1942.

Boyd Bushman also mentions Bob Lazar, so I'm wondering if anyone knows anymore about Boyd Bushman.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
How can anyone believe the Air Force Project Mogul/Test Dummy explanation? IT MAKES NO SENSE!
(snip)
The highest ranking officer to ever talk about Roswell Brig General Thomas DuBose - Chief of Staff Ft. Worth
www.youtube.com...
"it was a cover story. the balloon part of it."

The Military were the ones who said they recovered a flying disk, then retracted it. They're the ones who never get their dates correct and say wrecks and dummies from the 1950's are what witnesses remember seeing.
They are aware the test dummy theory dates are not 1947.

You can interpret this in one of 2 ways: either
1. The official story is true that they believe people can mix up old memories. This is possible if you have ever studied memory. or,
2. They didn't want the story to die and wanted to keep it alive so they purposely published something that some people would say makes no sense. I've read accounts of people who really believe this, for a variety of possible reasons. Just keeping UFO myths alive helps provide additional cover and obfuscation for accidental sightings of secret experimental or prototype aircraft from skunk works etc. Or here is another take on it:

www.thefreelibrary.com...

The crash that drew everyone's suspicion was in 1947. But notice how the dummy drop didn't occur until 1954.

BINGO.

Obviously, by releasing dates that don't add up and don't begin to explain what really happened, the government is hoping to keep the conspiracy alive.

The Air Force has produced a smoking alien.

Why, you're asking, would the government release a report saying the case was closed if it really wanted the lid blown off the greatest conspiracy in the history of the world?

Because if the government told the truth, who would listen?

Regarding Brig General Thomas DuBose saying the balloon story was a cover story, of course it was. Before 1994 that statement held some nefarious mystery, but after 1994-1997 when disclosure supposedly happened, they now admit freely the weather balloon WAS in fact a cover story. But the interesting part of that video to me was the way DuBose was also told never to talk of it again just like the civilians were, though he may not have been threatened as much about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

3. In an attempt to resolve speculation, further research and mainstream media interest Mogul was the best they could come up with - an uprated weather balloon essentially, the truth still not released.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

I can see what you mean but i doubt the alien's would suddenly turn into kamakazi pilots just so they can have some of our technology.

Who knows though but i just seriously doubt it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

seems either something was already in place to enforce UFO secrecy or the aliens threatened to wipe humanity off the face of the earth if we found out for sure aliens were visiting us...

kandinsky, I will never eat KFC again; no thanks to you

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

[sarcasm]Hmm because intelligence definitely does means you can't ever make a single mistake
[/sarcasm]

Seriously man everyone makes mistakes regardles of intelligence and personally i would think that goes for ALL living thing's

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The reason I do not believe this incident was a flying saucer is that no person has any piece of it. It is human nature to take strange items and put them in your pocket. The only proof of a flying saucer crashed is absent. Maybe all the people who went to the site were aliens, but this is too far-fetched.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

Originally posted by spinalremain

I'm sorry let me be more clear about this. . . . the likely hood of a "crash" is relatively low (we do a decent job flying strapped to controlled explosions).

If an alien craft was "recovered" by the military it's most likely it was taken from said alien using the favorite human negotiating method. . . force

Oh ok. Well are you saying that the aliens are more prone to being shot down rather than have a natural force like lightning knock them down, or are you suggesting that it's more likely that the aliens landed and then we blew them up? There was wreckage so we should at the least believe that we didnt subdue them after they landed. (Assuming of course the reports are all truthful)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
There have also been some notable persons to have publicly stated that UFO evidence is being suppressed. These have included Senator Barry Goldwater, Admiral Lord Hill-Norton (former NATO head and chief of the British Defence Staff), Brigadier-General Arthur Exon (former commanding officer of Wright-Patterson AFB), Vice-Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter (first CIA director), astronauts Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell, former Canadian Defence Minister Paul Hellyer, and the 1999 French COMETA report by various French generals and aerospace experts.

notice how close the Roswell crash was with the creation of all of these government agencies. With the first CIA director saying there is aliens im gonna believe it. Plus all of the agencies but Joint Chiefs, have looked into the ufo phenomena

July 7, 1947 – A supposedly downed extraterrestrial spacecraft is reportedly found in the Roswell UFO incident, near Roswell, New Mexico, which was written about by Stanton T. Friedman.

July 26, 1947 – Cold War: U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs the National Security Act of 1947 into law, creating the Central Intelligence Agency, the Department of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the National Security Council.

Robertson Panel- look it up its why people dont take ufo's seriously, created by the CIA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join