It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vows "powerful response" to Gaza attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Israel vows "powerful response" to Gaza attacks

www.alertnet.org

GAZA/JERUSALEM, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Three Palestinian militants were killed in an Israeli air strike in the Gaza Strip on Sunday, hours after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed a "powerful response" to any attacks from the territory.

An Israeli army spokesman said an Israeli aircraft carried out an air strike against militants spotted preparing to launch rockets towards Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Just over a year after IDF Operation Cast Lead in the Gaza Strip, former OC Southern Command Maj.-Gen. Yom Tov Samia on Sunday predicted that another war with Hamas was practically inevitable and would take place in the near future.

"We are before another round in Gaza," Samia told Army Radio in an interview. "I am very skeptical about the possibility that Hamas will suddenly surrender or change its ways without being hit much more seriously than it was during Cast Lead."

Under current circumstances and conditions, Hamas is never going to negotiate a peace deal and they will continue to fire rockets into Israel.

Israel has developed a new short-range defense system capable of intercepting the rockets that Hamas uses. According to the IDF, the system could become operational as early as May, meaning that Israel will be capable of protecting its citizens rather swiftly.

As Israel is not willing to reach a peace agreement and Hamas is not going to stop its hit and run attacks, the lives of many people are going to be wasted again and Gaza will again end up in ruins.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As early as 1948 the CIA advised the President of the United States that Zionist Israel would never be satisfied until it absorbed all of Palestine and eliminated its indigenous residents.

History has certainly displayed that as being a well founded prophecy and conclusion as Palestinian lands have slowly been whittled into two small densely packed enclaves that a slow steady war of attrition and genocide and theft continues to whittle slowly away at.

While many people will claim that Israel is not really the belligerent because it could easily wipe out the Palestinians the fact is that they do it very slowly for the profit of having their security apparatus funded and subsidized by Western Nations.

The Zionist Israeli State will absolutely not stop until it absorbs all the land and either kills or forces all the Palestinians to flee.

That was their plan from the beginning as outlined by the Official Zionist Manifesto before Israel achieved independence and it’s their plan today.

The only thing that the Palestinians can in fact do is small mostly ineffective acts of violence aimed at keeping the political spotlight on the situation and the region in hopes that at some point it changes Western sympathies to stop aiding and funding Israel in its genocidal quest to eliminate them.

I sure get what they are doing and why, both sides. The world should stop supporting it and funding it.

[edit on 10/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Fist off I disagree with the whole Israel / Gaza thing its a shame that grown people are really no different the children fighting in a play ground somethimes.

In saying that though why is the Israel/ gaza situation any different from say the British / Indian one or the Europeans V the Native indians in America. Courties have and always will want to absorb there neighbours or the indgioues people when they feel they are stornger than the supposed enemy.

I see no difference here from what has been happening for milenia other than the tehnology that is being used.

Any who think we are more civilised that we where 500 years ago really have'nt studied history enough or cherry pick bits of history that suit there perspective.

There will always be men,women who crave power, money and control and until we can get greed under control nothing will change except the names of the places and the technology used in these wars, battles ect.

I see a lot of painting Jews as the bad guys in conspiracy theorys, wars, lies the list goes on and no doubt some of it is true but I beleive if its not them someone else would try it and more than likley they do.

This does not make the issue right by any mesure but the over ridding theme is greed always there has to be more.

If we could eliminate greed I am sure we could solve most if not all of these issues world wide.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Evil Zionist (add your usual stuff here) Israel withdrew from Gaza. Palestinians in Gaza NEVER ever had independence. Israel agreed to establishment of Palestinian autonomy in West bank (well in Gaza too but extremists got the upper hand there) ,Palestinians NEVER ever had autonomy. Not under cunning Brits. Not under positive Turks. Not under brothers Mameluks. Not under oppressing crusaders. Not under Muslim Caliphate. Never. Ever.
Now they have autonomy,with Zionists who control the area military, and there are talks about gaining independence. I know already that facts matter nothing to you, however these are the facts. You can create all the theories, reuse 1930-1940s propaganda - but facts are opposite to what you say in this case too.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Clearly what I say is true including Zionist Israel's plan for total Middle Eastern Domination and control...

This is best evidenced by the Israeli Internet Defense Force who clearly has their eyes always set on De-Nile!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Using labels to demonize someone when having nothing to say. Tsk tsk. Cheap propaganda trick, me think. Tell me - when Palestinians had an autonomy before. I know that you can't. So go on with name calling if this is your only way out.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Palestinean claims to Israel directly conflict w/ the Koran!!!
True Muslims study their own Holy book, no?

Moses (a revered teacher in Islam) tells the Jews to “enter into the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you.” Moses adds to his people, according the Koran:
Sura 5:21 “O my people! Remember the bounty of God upon you when He bestowed prophets upon you , and made you kings and gave you that which had not been given to anyone before you amongst the nations. O my people! Enter the Holy Land which God has written for you, and do not turn tail, otherwise you will be losers.”
Sura 17, 104 “And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: ‘Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd.’” The founder of modern Zionism, Theodore Herzl, could not have said it better.
The legitimacy of Jewish claims to the land of Israel is repeated in
Sura 10:93-94: “We settled the Children of Israel in a beautiful dwelling-place (Israel)…If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee.”

Case closed. Go get your own land and Government. If it were possible, there wouldn't be a Millions living in poverty. Palestineans have no clear direction, nor motivation, except for hatred of the Jews, despite what Allah has to say on the subject.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsmappy
Palestinean claims to Israel directly conflict w/ the Koran!!!
True Muslims study their own Holy book, no?

Moses (a revered teacher in Islam) tells the Jews to “enter into the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you.” Moses adds to his people, according the Koran:
Sura 5:21 “O my people! Remember the bounty of God upon you when He bestowed prophets upon you , and made you kings and gave you that which had not been given to anyone before you amongst the nations. O my people! Enter the Holy Land which God has written for you, and do not turn tail, otherwise you will be losers.”
Sura 17, 104 “And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: ‘Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd.’” The founder of modern Zionism, Theodore Herzl, could not have said it better.
The legitimacy of Jewish claims to the land of Israel is repeated in
Sura 10:93-94: “We settled the Children of Israel in a beautiful dwelling-place (Israel)…If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee.”

Case closed. Go get your own land and Government. If it were possible, there wouldn't be a Millions living in poverty. Palestineans have no clear direction, nor motivation, except for hatred of the Jews, despite what Allah has to say on the subject.

You know the Zionists edited that section to give Israel the upper hand, don't you?

new topics

top topics

join