It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felt like I was being attacked in bed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just want to tell you what happened to me last night.

This has never happened to me before and I'm over 50.

I realise there are sleep paralysis threads on ATS, but I wanted to start my own thread.

Ok I've not been sleeping soundly for a while now.
Last night me and the missus sat up late watchin a movie.
Went to bed about 2am
She fell asleep, I didn't. I seemed to lie awake for ages.
I don't remember going asleep at all and it seemed to be getting light outside.
So I got up and went to the toilet, then went to another room in the house and got into another bed. It was 07:15 on the clock.
I must have drifted off to sleep.
Next thing I know it's as if something has jumped onto me.
Size wise it was not an adult, either child size or like an animal.
I froze with fear.
I tried to get up to see what it was but I couldn't move.
Was like I was pinned down.
I could feel the creature holding me down and feeling around me.
I tried yelling for my wife, but no noise would come out of my mouth.
I was screaming but no noise.
Then it was as if I woke up, and my immediate thought was ... oh that was a dream.
But then I could feel the thing was still there.
This time I screamed again and I did manage to call out.
At that point the thing took off.
I froze in fear.
The clock was at 07:50
I didn't know what to do.
I didn't want to frighten my wife so I stayed put and calmed myself.
I must have gone off to sleep again, next thing I woke upon hearing my wife moving about.
It was late morning 11am.

I'm a big guy and I'm not easy frightened, but that was pretty scary.

Am I going nuts ?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I had that exact dream quite often when i was about 17. I have since heard alot of people talk of the same dream, i think there is one theory called the old hag or something to that effect.

I remember the dream well. I would wake up (or think i was awake) and there would be this immense force on my chest, like a presence of some sort but not human or animal, just this invisible force. I would try to move my arms but the force would just push them back to the bed and i couldnt even open my eyes because the same force would push them shut, very strange dream.

I can understand you feeling worried, it scared the hell out of me, to the point my mother took me to see a doctor who just put it down stress.
[edit on 10-1-2010 by Khaotix]

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Khaotix]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
you're not nuts. You had a psychic vampire attack(aka old hag, succubus, incubus).

[edit on 10-1-2010 by cmkxlives]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is what you had, but I remember when I was a little girl my Dad told me some African Folklore. It was basically about an Old Hag who flies around visiting people in their sleep and taking them for rides at night. According to what my Dad told me the only way you can get rid of it is by putting some kind of curse on it.
Of course that might not be the thing that attacked you because I think what I'm thinking of only appears to Children.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
something else that used to happen to me in the dream (which i had forgotten about totally until today) the force would sometimes spin me around the room as if i was in a washing machine. I cant believe i forgot about that because it was the worst part of the dream when it did happen.

just thought i should add that seems your post was what reminded me.

Heres a link regarding sleep paralysis, the old hag theory is mentioned there i believe

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
'Such sleep paralysis was widely considered to be the work of demons and more specifically incubi, which were thought to sit on the chests of sleepers. In Old English the name for these beings was mare or mære (from a proto-Germanic *marōn, cf. Old Norse mara), hence comes the mare part in nightmare.'/i]

learn something new every day hehe

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I suffer from sleep paralysis......sounds VERY familiar, your tale.......sorry....that's my "diagnosis"....SLEEP PARALYSIS.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It is sleep paralysis, i have had the same thing happen quite a few times except it pushes down on my arm. Sometimes it happens while im aware that im awake yet still in a dream like state. As if half my brain is dreaming and the other is not. In any case it's perfectly natural and no superstition or paranormal activity is needed to explain it. Still a strange experience!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
sleep paralysis right i oh i am sure its sleep paralysis. thats what the so called experts are telling eh? Look maybe its time to stop believing in these so called experts, they think they are experts in everything that someone has experienced something beyond medical studies.

These so called experts only say that its sleep paralysis cause its the official version right?

If you want to believe what happened to you believe, sometimes in this world even experts can be wrong and can not explain unexplained mysteries that exits in this earth.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks eveyone for your thoughts on the experience.

I did feel like my arms were being held down.

It helps to know others have similar experiences, but it's also sad that people get scared like this in their own bed, and probably want to speak to others about it but can't. I'm grateful for this forum to be able to talk about it.

It's good as well to document the experience, maybe help others to relate to it.

I'm sure it must be a trick of the mind. I don't do drugs or anything like that. I'm not under undue stress. The movie we watched wasn't scary or anything. This just happened for no real reason I can think of.

I wonder what tonight willl bring

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've had dreams like this. I posted one on ATS last Spring: bad dream

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Thanks for your post, I read it and it sounded like a bad experience.

Can I add that I am not religious at all so that would not be a a factor in my case. Having said that it's amazing how when faced with a real bad situation even non religous people like me will turn to a higher being for assistance.

I dunno what thats about. Clutching at straws probably.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
what do you mean by this?
"... the thing took off."

Did it move away? Did it vanish? In what manner did it depart?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Well whatever was causing me the senasation disappeared.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't see anything, the door didnt open/close, there was no sound or smell of a person/creature/animal whatever.

It was more like an invisible force which felt like a person on top of me and it just left me.

It was very odd.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A while back I had the same type of experience, and I'm also a religious person. For some reason I'm leaning towards the skeptical viewpoint of it being just merely sleep paralysis. I know a lot of us on these forums really want to say that all of these fantasies exist, but there is still no hard evidence toward any of our hopes here. We all watch Ghost Adventures and believe in religion and everything... but I guess I find it hard to explain it as a spiritual thing versus a mental thing.

...but who isn't to say our mind can perceive such entities... I WANT to believe trust me, but our brains are more complex than we could ever imagine.

My experience was pretty frightening too - as I tried to call out just like OP and nothing happened. I tried to move, and I couldn't move a limb. It was like those patients in the OR who receive oxygen to put them under and they can experience all the pain and reality yet they cannot react to the actions against them. There's some sort of area up there that can be triggered to be self aware, but the rest of our functions need to be working to actually act. I do remember that I was able to feel my bed beneath me while the experience was taking place.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My biggest worry is thats it's the grim reaper knockin on my door.

Is there any evidence of people having these experiences and then passing away soon after.

I know it sounds creepy ... but I'm getting to that age when you start to think about things like that. I just need to get a slight pain in the chest and I've got myself in A&E with a heart atack.

Overactive imagination maybe, but its still worrying.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've suffered from extreme hallucinatory sleep paralysis my whole life. It subsided when I started practicing meditation.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have been attacked many times over the last 20 years - usually in the first 20 minutes of sleep and mostly carried out by a "black humanoid thing" that pinned me to the bed paralysed so that I couldn't move or cry out. Sleeping with the lights on did not help.

At it's most frequent (about 9 years ago) I was experiencing this on an almost daily basis but in recent times once or twice every 3 months or so. I do not believe this to be health related. I believe this to be the work of psychic vampires.

I have learned to control and fend off these attacks by firstly not giving in to panic, and secondly surrounding myself with brilliant white light...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian Ph.D

Sorry to hear that m8. I will read up on meditation stuff. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ninja T. Penguin

Very strange... my sister recalled a similar experience that happened to her. Dark shadowy figure pinning her down on the bed while she was paralyzed.. I've never had one where I actually felt and saw a being pinning me down. I felt a force/presence around the room while fully paralyzed. Also sometimes being able to break the paralysis and have UNREAL hallucinatory experiences perhaps related to the presence of '___'. Sometimes the paralysis can also accompany very vivid series of dreams that tend to have some kind of meaning encoded into them. Worth noting is that the paralysis can sometimes be in a dream, or in reality, or in both!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join