It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials Hid Truth of Immigrant Deaths in Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Found this in the NYT

From the article.

Quote -Silence has long shrouded the men and women who die in the nation’s immigration jails. For years, they went uncounted and unnamed in the public record. Even in 2008, when The New York Times obtained and published a federal government list of such deaths, few facts were available about who these people were and how they died.

More here at the NYT

Not surprising in private jails.

Is this news?

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Makes perfect sense. If they are here ILLEGALLY, they don't have identification.

The bigger question is how many deaths are caused by Illegal Aliens, who have no business being here in the first place?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is very disturbing. One incident in particular caught my attention: the suicide of a prisoner who was not allowed his painkillers for a broken leg.

Maybe these detainees are the "scum of the earth" in some peoples' book. That doesn't excuse this level of abuse and neglect.

The U.S. is supposed to be a shining example for the rest of the world. This kind of treatment is no better than what you'd find in any third world country.

I was also going to post this in "Breaking Alternative News" because it involves conspiracy and cover-ups. It's not just an inane example of political bickering, like what is usually posted in this forum, but a real case of injustice that concerns all Americans.

I think this thread belongs there.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Makes perfect sense. If they are here ILLEGALLY, they don't have identification.

The bigger question is how many deaths are caused by Illegal Aliens, who have no business being here in the first place?

Thank you for posting.

Presumably, once incarcerated, they will have a number. Since they are not enemy combatants who have rights, they have some rights in terms of our laws.

This is not about illegals being here, it's about how we treat prisoners.

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
This is very disturbing. One incident in particular caught my attention: the suicide of a prisoner who was not allowed his painkillers for a broken leg.

Maybe these detainees are the "scum of the earth" in some peoples' book. That doesn't excuse this level of abuse and neglect.

The U.S. is supposed to be a shining example for the rest of the world. This kind of treatment is no better than what you'd find in any third world country.

I was also going to post this in "Breaking Alternative News" because it involves conspiracy and cover-ups. It's not just an inane example of political bickering, like what is usually posted in this forum, but a real case of injustice that concerns all Americans.

I think this thread belongs there.

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

If you agree the thread belongs here, please give it a flag so others will see it.

I agree with you. We are supposed to be the example for others.
Many will disagree but that is the nature of things.

I thought the part about the entry of "meds" being given to the person after they were dead was pretty telling of what is going on.

Ziggy

top topics

join