It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

37 Volcanos with an ongoing eruption status

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So i was reading the thread abou the magnitude 6.5 Earthquake off the coast of North California and went to hisz.rsoe.hu... to check it out. After a couple seconds of looking at a few of the other problems in the world i noticed that almost every volcano in the ring of fire as well as a bunch of other volcanos in the world are marked as "Eruption Ongoing".

So i thought that was kind of odd and wondered on average how many volcanos are typically errupting each year. Well according to www.volcanodiscovery.com... there are on average 20 volcanos going off in the year.

So i went back and counted how many are currently errupting and it turns out there are 37 displayed on the map. Upon seeing this i became concerned and thought that maybe this should be shared with the good people of ATS.

I mean i know that there is always some volcano going off or an earthquake rumbling somewhere in the world, but a 6.5 in california plus 37 volcanos with ongoing eruptions?

Im not saying that the two are connected in anyway shape or form but still. Anyone else find this kind of odd?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by kraig87]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can't say much about the eruptions, but it might be not working atm, it says in Australia that Western Australia is in the United states

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
I can't say much about the eruptions, but it might be not working atm, it says in Australia that Western Australia is in the United states

I dunno, mine is updating just fine and everything is where it should be on the map.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If you look at the dates on alot of the erruptions, you'll see that they're not all new. Some of them go back a couple of years

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
If you look at the dates on alot of the erruptions, you'll see that they're not all new. Some of them go back a couple of years

I still find it odd that there are nearly double the average number of volcanos displaying an eruption status, maybe im just paranoid.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
hmmmm, sounds like 2010 is going to be an interesting year. Volcano's, Earthquakes, Cold snaps...

from 20 to 37, what is that... a 85% increase or something... (My math skills suck...)

I imagine with the Earth's crust shaking up like it is, volcano's are apt to become more active...

Sounds a little scary....

PS: that is a cool map. Really lays it all out for you....

[edit on 10-1-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kraig87

There is nothing odd about this its normal to see that many been looking at this for a long time its usually like that.
From here hisz.rsoe.hu...

THANKYOU

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oh wow nice map! I hadn't came across that before so thanks!

I was interested in the red biohazard symbol in the UK, which said an epidemic in Glasgow on the 17th December '09.
Which clearly wasn't enough of an epidemic to be covered by the papers in the rest of the UK.
I'm assuming it was just swine flu, but it's odd that I hadn't heard about it...

I do live in England not Scotland like. But yeah.

Nice one anyway!

new topics

top topics

join