It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and the Final Conclusion

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
well I guess we will remain at odds then.

And No I didnt ignore that entire file I posted.

I agree that you corrected me on that.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocolypto

Find something else to worry about.
There's more important things going on in your "backyard".

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Apocolypto

Find something else to worry about.
There's more important things going on in your "backyard".

Keep up the good work Phage.

Apoc - thanks for the "foe" status. Heartwarming i assure you. Maybe one day you will come back and read the "findings" you posted and re-assess them to see how fantastic and "un-scientific" they were.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Honestly I think we are just going to have to wait to find out what will happen.

hell for all we know we could all be wrong.

still the Solar Storm is a threat... to electrical grids, computers, and satelites.

we know that.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Apocolypto]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apocolypto
Honestly I think we are just going to have to wait to find out what will happen.

still the Solar Storm is a threat... to electrical grids, computers, and satelites.

we know that.

That is why govt's are spending millions of dollars on protecting and upgrading infrastructure, in case of this "potential" threat occurring.

Just relax, no evidence at hand currently should lead you to believe we are all going to die from a massive solar flare.

I have fear that a lot of people in this forum suffer from Anxiety related disorders and even OCD.

That is a monster in itself.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
nope, I dont suffer from any of those, and yes ive been checked.

but my other concern is the satelites and the plutonium...

I wonder if Phage can put my mind at ease about that.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

nope, I dont suffer from any of those, and yes ive been checked.

but my other concern is the satelites and the plutonium...

I wonder if Phage can put my mind at ease about that.

You've been checked? Interesting.

That was not even targeted at you - it was more specifically for the others in the entire forum. But hey, at least you have been "checked".

Why don't you research on your own instead of waiting for Phage to come and destroy the notions you have assured yourself of?

Phage has taken apart your ideas in previous posts on this thread, so i can understand why you would want him to disuade your ideas of something else.

But honestly, deny ignorance by researching yourself - I'm sure Phage has done a fair amount of research (maybe even studied(s) science) himself, that is why he is sure of his own ideas and demonstrates strength of conviction when replying to unfounded ideas.

2012 and doomsday websites are not a good source of info.

Try science blogs - try e-mailing scientists or visiting your local university if you are that worried. they are resources that are there to be used. They won't even mind a good laugh when giving you an idea of how far off you could be from actuality.

Stress less. 2012 will come and go much like every other projected doomsday event in recorded history.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
well I thank Phage for actually clearing up that whole mess.

I did learn something new.

2012 Theory of: Solar Storm impacts on Electrical grids.

But the question from another topic on this is left wide open, and the fact that denver airport is rather creepy, and "behold a pale horse"- is sitting right out the front of it and lots of other apocalyptic things are present in it.

Something about that place just creeps me out, and all the freemason imagery as well.

Could this have something to do with the Guidestones? (covered Tomorrow with pictures and extracts)

On further Examination of yourself and your comments on they are 'preparing for it' it appears the government is actually not doing anything regarding the power supply and electricity grids because they are owned by private companies and numerous ones. Sure are building bunkers though..
that one cannot be dismissed or confirmed unfortunately.

This appears to be a red tape issue.

and my other theory on the idea of a solar storm not just knocking out the USA's electricity, it could be the entire world.

science.nasa.gov...

Could this in combination with the fact that since the north and south pole have flipped on the sun, and the fact that since it has done that and opened up a hole in the magnetic feild and allowing more solar radiation and effecting the northern lights during CMEs

could this have any impact on the number of lightning storms we get?

science.nasa.gov...

Individual particles in a TGF acquire a huge amount of energy, sometimes in excess of 20 mega-electron volts (MeV). In contrast, the colorful auroras that light up the skies at high latitudes are powered by particles with less than one thousandth as much energy. Sign up for EXPRESS SCIENCE NEWS delivery At this stage, there are more questions about TGFs than answers. What causes these high-energy flashes? Do they help trigger lightning--or does lightning trigger them? Could they be responsible for some of the high-energy particles in the Van Allen radiation belts, which can damage satellites?

I dont dismiss the idea that something bad will happen, but I think are more scientific approach would be a better idea.

I do thank Phage for debunking the geomagnetic storms and in relations to earthquakes, and I did deliberately post that turkish science file not just to conclude the idea that he was right and I was wrong but for anyone else.

SO: 2012 earthquakes and tsunamis, debunked.
Solar Storm knocking out satelites NOT DEBUNKED
Solar storm knocking out electricity grids worldwide NOT DEBUNKED

Now ill be looking back on a few of my notes in regards to this theory which in fact was my original theory and I got swept up in the whole HAARP concept and how it works. It has been established that geomagnetic storms cannot cause earthquakes so lets find out what potential damage could happen from a solar storm maxiumum with what information we have.

now before you or phage spit all over this video
this dude is amazing (im talking about Micho Kiaku) however you spell he is a genius.

Now back to my point of Aviation disasters
www.noaawatch.gov...

Many agencies relying on high-precision GPS (global positioning system) are familiar with the impact of geomagnetic storms on GPS accuracy. GPS errors can exceed 50 meters during the most intense storms. This is very significant to surveying and navigational systems. Those with the greatest concerns include the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Wide-Area Augmentations System, land surveying companies using GPS measurements, deep-sea drilling operations, and land drilling and mining.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Apocolypto]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Apocolypto]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

That's the surprising conclusion of a NASA-funded study by the National Academy of Sciences entitled Severe Space Weather Events—Understanding Societal and Economic Impacts. In the 132-page report, experts detailed what might happen to our modern, high-tech society in the event of a "super solar flare" followed by an extreme geomagnetic storm. They found that almost nothing is immune from space weather—not even the water in your bathroom

The problem begins with the electric power grid. "Electric power is modern society's cornerstone technology on which virtually all other infrastructures and services depend," the report notes. Yet it is particularly vulnerable to bad space weather. Ground currents induced during geomagnetic storms can actually melt the copper windings of transformers at the heart of many power distribution systems. Sprawling power lines act like antennas, picking up the currents and spreading the problem over a wide area. The most famous geomagnetic power outage happened during a space storm in March 1989 when six million people in Quebec lost power for 9 hours

So we have a track record of the sun being in its quietest period for 60 years or so, and it is established that this is the deepest solar minimum we have ever seen.

So basically my interpretation is this is a ticking time bomb.

www.space.com...

In his work, Odenwald suggests that roughly a 100 low Earth-orbiting spacecraft would experience an earlier-than-normal reentry. The storm would heat the Earth's upper atmosphere, causing it to expand and therefore increase the drag on satellites.

www.nasa.gov...

Solar particles by themselves don't cause severe space weather, but they get energized when the solar magnetic field becomes oppositely-directed to Earth's and reconnects in a different way. The energized particles then cause magnetic storms that can overload power lines with excess current, causing widespread blackouts. The particles also can cause radiation storms that present hazards to spacecraft in high orbits and astronauts passing through the storms on the way to the moon or other destinations in the solar system. "The more particles, the more severe the storm," said Joachim "Jimmy" Raeder of the University of New Hampshire, a co-author of Li's paper. "If the solar field has been aligned with the Earth's for a while, we now know Earth's field is heavily loaded with solar particles and primed for a strong storm. This discovery gives us a basic predictive capability for the severity of solar storms, similar to a hurricane forecaster's realization that warmer oceans set the stage for more intense hurricanes. In fact, we expect stronger storms in the upcoming solar cycle. The sun's magnetic field changes direction every cycle, and due to its new orientation in the upcoming cycle, we expect the clouds of particles ejected from the sun will have a field which is at first aligned with Earth, then becomes opposite as the cloud passes by."

science.nasa.gov... now going back to when the sun does a flip. This was the cause as when the poles of the sun change from how they were originally both identically aligned North-North, South-South... in this case the hole was 'made' by the sun flipping so that it is now North-south, North-south.

Easiest was I can think about it is when you hold two magnets together.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
now in 2001 as we 'entered' the solar miniumum and ended the previous cycle

www.noaawatch.gov...

Some Economic Impacts of Space Weather: * NASA relies on SEC data to protect the $1 billion arm on the International Space Station. * Space weather effects added $433 million to annual customer electricity costs in just one power pool. * $500 million in space asset claims from 1994-99 were attributed to, or aggravated by, space weather. * Airlines consideration of HF communication degradation for each dispatched polar flight. Flights can be diverted based on SEC solar radiation or geomagnetic storm alerts if air traffic control communication is compromised, with estimated costs as high as $100K per flight. A 23-day period in 2001 saw 25 flights diverted.

That was a 'small one'

So this has been established on its impacts on flights and GPS navigation and communications.... 'from a small one'.

science.nasa.gov...

According to the report, power grids may be more vulnerable than ever. The problem is interconnectedness. In recent years, utilities have joined grids together to allow long-distance transmission of low-cost power to areas of sudden demand. On a hot summer day in California, for instance, people in Los Angeles might be running their air conditioners on power routed from Oregon. It makes economic sense—but not necessarily geomagnetic sense. Interconnectedness makes the system susceptible to wide-ranging "cascade failures."

So we have the risk of 'undersupply' and blackouts already.... so lets say we are using too much electricity, the solar storm hits and it fries everything.

To estimate the scale of such a failure, report co-author John Kappenmann of the Metatech Corporation looked at the great geomagnetic storm of May 1921, which produced ground currents as much as ten times stronger than the 1989 Quebec storm, and modeled its effect on the modern power grid. He found more than 350 transformers at risk of permanent damage and 130 million people without power. The loss of electricity would ripple across the social infrastructure with "water distribution affected within several hours; perishable foods and medications lost in 12-24 hours; loss of heating/air conditioning, sewage disposal, phone service, fuel re-supply and so on." "The concept of interdependency," the report notes, "is evident in the unavailability of water due to long-term outage of electric power--and the inability to restart an electric generator without water on site."

But it does not stop there.

Articles from 1918
www.solarstorms.org...

Now it did not just stop there. It actually shut down electric motors (yes electric motors were around electric cars ) that were not even linked to the power grid.... how is that even possible I do not have an explanation...

Any Ideas people?
because that one has me stumped.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

we know that.

That is why govt's are spending millions of dollars on protecting and upgrading infrastructure, in case of this "potential" threat occurring.

Just relax, no evidence at hand currently should lead you to believe we are all going to die from a massive solar flare.

I have fear that a lot of people in this forum suffer from Anxiety related disorders and even OCD.

That is a monster in itself.

No, from what ive read there has been jack all done about it due to red tape from privatization of the elctricity grids and companies not co-operating,

we have this problem here in Australia, and energy australia is filling its pants up with fear on the issue,

and yes I actually do have a mate who is an officer for energy australia and we have had long discussions on this.

Now considering that the US has the same issue.

what the hell is being done?

if im wrong, find something to put my mind at ease, and the rest of the worlds mind at ease.

UNRELATED.
on a funnier note I wonder if Chavez actually does come on here, wouldnt be too bad if he did or made himself known to senior members, might even get cutting edge news direct from russian intelligence.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

no actually.

See I dont think we have had the sun flip and go through a solar storm in the period of time that we have computers or electricity.

theres some food for thought.

and please get an education.

and the last time the sun 'flipped was' 740,000 years ago.

mmmmm so 1+1=2

= we are screwed.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Apocolypto]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
OK i've just worked out how electric motors in cars stopped.

To get around this problem you need to ground the vehicle.

and you need to ground the power grid,

2 simple things.

has it been done?

no.

will anyone take this as advice which it probably will cost them 10 dollars to the car?

no.

kiss your car and any other electical device goodbye.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nice research, Apoc.

There are easily half-a-dozen things that people really have to worry about in the next 3 years leading up to the year-end of 2012, but, whenever I get a 'oh, you're just a CT nutjob' (okay, never really get that - people surprisingly have open minds) THIS is the theory that I lean on the most.

[edit on 2/1/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lavey2
But the whole idea of this topic was not just to talk about 'the future' it was to talk about PREVIOUS mass extictions so can we get back on topic!

Ok, so as the saying goes...we're doomed to repeat history if we don't learn from it...my question then is, HAVE WE? I don't believe we have just yet...so, based on history, we're looking at a global event that's going to purge the earth yet once again.

How exactly does this not agree with what the Mayans wrote? I am not one to believe we as a race (humans) can go on and on doing what we're doing to this planet we call home and come to an end, or "change" in our ways.

My theory (theory ok?) is that The Powers That Be (yeah those guys) KNOW full well what's about to happen...and to stop most of us from happening WITH it, they're poisoning our minds/bodies to prevent us from being able to accept the change that will happen.

By this I mean, Everyone's brain is only using a small portion of it's resource. Science proved that magnetic stimulation of certain areas of the brain could produce thoughts, sensations with no other external/internal reasons for them to occur.

I think that when we enter this magnetic shift, galactic center, our brains are going to be lit up like christmas trees, turning on all the stuff that's been there since our beginning.

I think of it as a positive thing, for us to be able to know/do more to be more connected with each other, after all BIG Government teaches nothing but seperation from the whole (being an individual)...but this individualism comes at a price.

If you get 10 people in a disaster, each with specific skills to survive the disaster, keep them and their knowledge "seperate" from others, what is the individual's chance of survival? .....Now encourage them to work together, share their unique knowledge, success right?!

Big Government wants to keep us seperate so that we may not know what they've learned (or more importantly what THEY are doing). I do believe also that those meant to survive this and evolve will, and I snicker to think somehow the greater plan does NOT include those GREEDY Elitists.

My reason for that thinking is their way of life, value of humanity, this planet is such that it's not in harmony with the plan to bring greater understanding, unity amongst all things, and anyone in that light...must be removed for the plan to go as it should.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
everything what you have said in this thread is correct and i believe everything...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I remeber reading somewhere, that the ancient Egyptians had a history
of the Sun riseing in the west two times and this (being our age)was the second time it rose in the east. Creating a different world each time it changed.
This runs typical of the way the Egyptians account for history.Instead of
saying the world was destroyed. They would say a new one was created.

Apocolypto

Now this is just fear mongering at the highest level. Lighten up!
Stop it you're scaring me.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Two more years and i guess we will know the truth... Whether we are right or wrong who knows.. All i know is that i am going to spend as much time with my kids and family as possible and love them... I wish sometimes that I never heard of the date 12-21-2012, but it has opend my eyes and has brought me closer to my family... So I guess in two years we will know...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

HAARP can transmit 3.6MW (not gigawatts), spread over an area of more than 30 acres. You could sit in the middle of the antenna field and you would feel nothing.

btw do you work at HAARP ?
And reports saying "they just fried a guy there!" means what ? they had a hotdog party there and something went horrible wrong? just saying..

And please anyone out there with proofs that this "rouge planet" "The Destroyer" "Nibiru" "Planet-X" or whatever the name is these days, does not exist?
cause when people say Nibiru is a fairytail, please back that up with facts please.

Dont want to see people throw "Facts" around, and kinda forcing this on people as Real Facts, without debating..

Soz for typos.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join