It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videos of soldiers abusing Iraqi children and Animals

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You are repeating my sentiments if you cared to look. Let cease the pointless banter. Look at my post and you will see. OUT

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

Are you British? (curiosity question) And you still never explained where is striker? You mentioned Stryker (every one knows) but then you also typed in striker if you meant strike in mosul i get it if not please explain!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Camp Striker is one of several logistical and life support bases on Victory Base Complex, Iraq (near Camp Victory).
Amenities on Camp Striker include a Burger King, Pizza Hut and Green Beans Coffee cafe, as well as an AAFES PX and several third-party markets. The Dining Facility (DFAC) is purported to be the second largest in Iraq and contains a movie theater. In November 2007, the 1.2 mile main road on Stryker was paved.

He accidentally just posted Striker twice.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Sorry I forgot to add that on. That wasa typo and should have been Stryker. Most of mine time whilst located at Victory was during our visits with the 1-23 Stryker Battalion who were based at Camp Liberty when LTC Van Smiley was the commander. And for the record, I am British.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
British troops, Afghanistan

Have a look at the link to see British Paratroopers in Helmand Province, Afghanistan captured on camera and give your thougths

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Video Link

Her is another example of making a private video that falls into the wrong hands which in turn leads to unrelenting shame and embarrassment for the maker and all the family and friends of those concerned.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Part of me wants to say that the vids are liberal propaganda but I'm smart enough to realize that awful people exist and war always brings out the worst in man. There are those, especially in the current generation that enlist solely to satisfy their bloodlust. They use war and military to justify every despicable and inhumane act they can commit. They rape, pillage, and plunder in defense of someone's BS idea of liberty.
And then after all is done and there is no more war these monsters come home and there are parades and parties and family dinners- we call them heroes and raise them up onto soapboxes and a few become our lawmakers, some become presidents. But who remembers? If we win then we write History and omit all those dirty little things. Who brings justice to those who are indoctrinated into believing that they are the very instruments of justice and are protected by the fog of a useless and destructive conflict and the Military Industrial Complex? Nobody. It has been this way since the dawn of mankind.
There is only one thing we can do and that's to cut the head off the beast itself. This will not end until War ends. And the only way that will happen is if we teach our kids to just stop getting involved. Do not enlist, Do not submit your lives and liberties to THEIR agenda. And in as much as you do these things do one other thing as well and it is the most important- DO no harm and teach others to to do no harm.
That's all I got to say about this. Sorry if it appears preachy.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Listen, folks. This thread is useless. It was made for no reason but to show cases in which the military is abusing their power. Which in itself is a stupid statement, because there are select individuals that abuse their powers. I stated this before, but there are EVEN MORE twisted and crazy people with normal jobs here in the United States that do all of that and much worse things. This thread is propaganda, posted by someone who obviously feels it necessary to spread the negative attitude towards the US and specifically their military. Maybe your purpose is to "inform" us about the wrong-doings happening there. Contrary to popular belief, stuff like what you posted is shown on major news networks like CNN and NBC. That stuff isn't hidden.

Again, this thread is pointless. We know it happens in our military, and usually the soldiers get what they deserve. Just like in domestic life, this stuff happens and the criminals usually get what they deserve. This thread is over.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
ONe of the vids I saw the other day was more of a documentary style film that showcased the atrocities our boys have felt compelled to carry out and in the end this girl is getting all preachy and the pictures of several key liberals (including Obama) start showing up as symbols of resistance against this type of stuff.
Liberal propaganda? absolutely. True? you bet.
But that's what happens in war and I don't see anyone trying to stop this without some political angle or motivation.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by Sean48

Again, this is a man in a garage, you don't even know if he is actually a soldier.

The question in the OP was why aren't these being reported and, once more, in this case it's because it amounts to one unidentified man mouthing off in a garage. If this was clearly a soldier, perhaps in uniform in an identifiable garrison then it would probably be a different matter. But as it is, we have no idea as to the validity of this video therefore no editor in their right mind would report it.

It's funny.

I bet if the video was an arab man living in the US threatening to blow things up, he'd be pinned down and found within a week. You can clearly see his face, and with the resources law enforcement have in this day and age, they could find the man in the video if they wanted.

But they haven't.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
People do crazy things when they're in war. War sucks, while I am not sticking up for these people, I do think it's because their mental health is damaged in the war. Though some might do it because they can get away with it.

End the war!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am really going off topic here but I may aswell say it.

In the Bible Babylon will be the last great City of power and wealth, Babylon is currently named Iraq and is by prophecy going to to hold the battle of Armageddon when the time is ripe.
Babylon will be the wealthiest country on earth, it is said to hold the garden of Eden there and is a domain of all kids of evil spirits.
It will once again become a superpower, but this time Babylon could be an American influenced empire. Some even say NewYork is symbolic of Babylon with the World Trade centres, but maybe the shift will go back to Iraq of today where it will bring peace in the region and be successful, people will change and so will attitudes because of its success.
Iran is also in prophecy with Russia in Ezekiel 38 who will gather to attack future Israel before the endtimes.

What I am trying to say is maybe all this is the balance right now, maybe it is being held back a bit or it could happen all at once.
Babylon could mean all of the world's cities, in a way they are all linked up by computers and electronic trade.
What about Soldiers being implanted with microchip devices?

You can not say the time is not ripe for the conditions of prophecy, the mark of the beast at phase 1 right now.
Someone on Youtube mentioned 1:44 on the video?

You do not have to answer this post, I will leave it open and I don't seek an argument only here to expand the scope of relative knowledge.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I think you'll find I discussed all of the videos apart from one which I couldn't see.

"They may be sickening but in the grand scheme of things the majority don’t stand out, the first one is a run of the mill animal cruelty case except with a smoke round instead of a baseball bat or what have you; the second is a bit of a badly judged joke; the third was all over the news for several weeks I have no idea how you missed that; the fourth and fifth are, again, just standard animal cruelty cases as can be found on civvy street; the sixth is just a random person in a garage who could very well be making up stories (you can’t report on something so unsubstantiated); the seventh is again standard animal cruelty fare and the eighth I can’t open so I can’t comment on.
Of all of those links (except the last) just one is newsworthy and was reported on extensively with, IIRC, the soldiers being brought to justice.
"

This was on the first page. The post you replied to was referencing someone else’s post about that one specific video.

I love it how ignore what people post in favour of their own agenda.

reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never wrote that soldiers enjoy killing

I didn’t, you said “most people loathe killing other people”; the apparent implication being that soldiers don’t where I think you’ll find if you talk to them most do. Even though they do it, it doesn’t mean they don’t hate it.

My disagreement with you is on the characterisation of military training as some sort of cookie cutter that only produces one kind of person which you present as an unthinking killer. Which is not true, I say this from personal experience.

Having read through some of Grossman I disagree with a lot of what he says but I will concede that I am looking at this from a British perspective so perhaps the US is very, very different, though from the US service personnel I’ve spoken with they are far from being what you suggest. What Grossman says certainly does not apply to my experiences of the British armed services.

Also I’m familiar with the Milgram experiment but as you say this applies equally to civilians, whereas you are singling out members of the armed forces as being distinct in this regard.

My point is soldiers are every bit the individual you are. I apologise if I’ve been a bit harsh in my language and perhaps I’ve lumped some other peoples’ comments in with your posts but I take great exception to effectively being called a brainwashed killing machine with no barrier to mistreating other humans which is what you have done.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

It's funny.

I bet if the video was an arab man living in the US threatening to blow things up, he'd be pinned down and found within a week. You can clearly see his face, and with the resources law enforcement have in this day and age, they could find the man in the video if they wanted.

But they haven't.

A threat is different to claiming to have already done something, the former has a different level of urgency.

And how do you know they haven't investigated this person?

Also the OP was talking about why this wasn't being reported, not why it wasn't investigated.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

It is suprising how how quick infomation can optained in open source if somethig stirs the passions of the general public. I did a few, quick searches online to see if I could find the guy in the puppy vidoe and with in a matter of minutes I had a name and address.

Puppy KIller: Infowars

A poster on the comments section provided a full list of David Motari details. Just shows you how powerful the power of the internet is. Maybe the CIA should Google Bin Laden and source his whereabouts

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

"you broke the rules" Is that the best you can do? LMAO. I rest my case. No argument just "you broke rules" . This is what happens when you peg someone to the wall and they have no real comeback because they know you got them.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wait, there are two threads about propaganda videos. One Afghanistan and this one.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
These are the things that will happen in very war we had and going to have. It's what happens when we take kids from there home draft them into the armforces and give them stuff all training and then send them to a place they don't want to be. I am sure must be alease 75% of US and her allies personal do not want to be there. Makes me laugh and they wonder why these things happens.

I am just happy that Australia dose not have darft i think australia is one of the last conurty in the world to have a pro army and hope it's stay that way here in Australia. I hate seeing anyone send to a place they don't want to be it's really no wonder that troops are coming home missed up they get stuff all to no help from there groverments they just use us people like a card player use a deck of cards when they get old they get throwin out. Just like our troops when they come home after being force to do things i would hate to think about

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I should have used less black and white terms in my first post. I don't wanted to offend you or any other member of the military, so I apologize for this. Nonetheless I still stand behind the reasoning, that the erasing of the natural barrier, which prevents most people from using lethal force and extreme violence has unwanted side effects.

I use the term brainwashing not in an offensive way and I certainly don't use it to target another persons intellect, willpower or character. I use it in context of both explanations mentioned in the dictionary. Under the right conditions even strong-willed persons can be “brainwashed”. The military has spend much manpower and money for the development of programs, which guarantee the transformation from civilians into soldiers. Soldiers and civilians have different values and norms. The soldiers increased readiness to use lethal force is only one aspect. In my opinion the methods which are used for this transformation and the fundamental nature of the change, justify the term brainwashing.

I know that many soldiers are more strong-willed and more intelligent than I am. After their service many veterans become very deep thinkers. Active members always keep being individuums, but they are heavely influenced by their surroundings. The whole military structure is designed to suppress individualism. During active service this suppression can be very successful. Uniforms and lock step are only some things which help keep uniformity. As long as they are only in contact with other members, members of a sect often cannot recognize, that they are being brainwashed. I believe the same holds true for the military.

Here a quote from a website, which is designed for recruitment purposes:

6. Help your Buddy

You will live, eat, sleep, fight and die as a team. That Army of One stuff is a bunch of bologna. The sooner you learn to work as a team, the sooner life will get better for you. Boot camp is about being part of the team; individuals are weeded out and swiftly taken care of. You need to be focus on the “WE” aspect of everything you do.

www.military.com...

In my opinion, many active and former soldiers have very deeply ingrained this “WE” aspect in their way of thinking. “If you attack one of us, you attack all of us.” It is good to help out your buddy, but one shouldn't start to defend the indefensible.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
No these videos are unfortunately not fake. If you have to kill a dog to stop the spread of diseases, you usually don't laugh about it. There are many reports of american, British and Aussie soldiers killing and RAPING innocent people over there. Don't be blinded by a false sense of patriotism and Die Hard movies, WE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE GOOD GUYS!!!

Sometimes, our countrymen will do sick things, you need to admit it and make sure this doesn't happen again by making Military Entry Requirements stricter and not just enlist anyone to increase your chances of winning a war.

No matter how much you want to be part of the good guys, I'm sorry but sometimes we can't. This thread was not to bag out on the States but the simplistic, redneck comments made by some people on this have just fueled that.

These videos are not a personal attack on you unless you honestly believe these men had any right to commit these atrocities. There are good guys in your army and there are bad guys. These are the bad guys. You are lumping all the military in with these sick F&*ks, which as pointed out at in the OP was not what this thread was intended to do. It was to show you all the horrors of war and to make you aware of what a minority of people over there are doing and in most cases being defended for it, either by hushing up the story or people claiming lies.

All you have to do is look around for yourself and then decide instead of listening to everything the government allows the Media to show.

“If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.”
-Mark Twain

Yes the majority of the world might hate the United States, and they will continue to do so until you take responsibility instead of acting like a 6 year old and denying you did anything wrong. These men deserve to be court marshaled and publicly named and shamed and if you don't believe so then you are either brainwashed, ignorant or just as evil as them.

Now would it be possible at all to discuss only the videos and not foreign policies and the like?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join