It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow Strands Hundreds Overnight on German Highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Snow Strands Hundreds Overnight on German Highway

abcnews.go.com

Heavy snowfall trapped more than 160 people overnight on a frozen highway in northeastern Germany. The drivers survived by running their engines until police rescued them Sunday morning.

Police in the town of Altentreptow said that 148 adults and 19 children were stuck in cars, a bus and trucks on highway A20 along the Baltic Coast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-1-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
the story goes on to tell how rescuers had to fight their way though six foot snow drifts. fire fighters brought the trapped people coffee then later the drivers were taken to tents provided by local aid organizations. Several towns along the coast were also cut off from electricity so it seems they had no place to take the stranded anyway...

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
167 people is not "hundreds". Just being picky.

On another note, what's this doing on ATS? This board is meant for " "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics", but recently it's drowning under mundane things like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Breizhoo

there happens to be a connection with all these weather posts...
as predicted with all the fresh water being dumped into the Gulf stream they are shutting down the mechanism that keeps Britain and Europe from turning into one big ice cube....

I strongly suggest you go read this
Britain faces big chill as ocean current slows

you may come to understand how very disturbing this trend is...

Edit to add... Talk to ABC news about the headline, it was their story lead

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Breizhoo

there happens to be a connection with all these weather posts...
as predicted with all the fresh water being dumped into the Gulf stream they are shutting down the mechanism that keeps Britain and Europe from turning into one big ice cube....

I strongly suggest you go read this
Britain faces big chill as ocean current slows

you may come to understand how very disturbing this trend is...

Edit to add... Talk to ABC news about the headline, it was their story lead

Thank you for your informative post, i wish people would not flame your thread and instead make constructive posts, this is very disturbing and people need to realise what this can mean, instead of pushing it aside as "mundane topics". a lot of people will die during these freezing conditions, homeless and elderly.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

As regards the headlines, I wasn't blaming you, mind you, just the media that exaggerate figures.

I didn't mean to belittle the subject of climate change. I do believe that climate is changing and that we may be heading for a new ice age as a result of warming. I live in Europe and I am concerned. Maybe it's because I'm already resigned to this idea that I think it hasn't got its place here.

But as you implied, this is part of a bigger picture and there are already countless threads on the subject. I understand that adding this article to such a thread would have made it less visible, but it wasn't in itself " new news".

top topics

join