It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bodies' exhibition accused of putting executed Chinese prisoners on show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

'Bodies' exhibition accused of putting executed Chinese prisoners on show

www.dai lymail.co.uk

The bodies of executed Chinese prisoners are being used in a ghoulish exhibition of ‘plastinated’ corpses, it was claimed last night.

Human rights activist Dr David Nicholl is demanding the Human Tissue Authority – which granted a licence for the Bodies Revealed show in Birmingham – should shut it down because it is a ‘crime scene’.

The controversial event is organised by US-based Premier Exhibitions, which insists all the cadavers came from individuals who chose to donate their bodies to medical science.

But Dr Nicholl, a consultant at Birmingham City Hospital, says he is
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
At the moment,this has not been proved,although there are questions as to the source of the bodies used in the "exhibition."
It raises ethical questions such as "what is entertainment?"

I don't think I would go to see this exhibition,as there seems to be something macarbe about queing up to view these bodies,especially when there is a question as to weather the people gave their consent to used in such a way.

The plastination process itself should be used in medical schools though,as a way to educate.Using cadavers for a form of entertainment takes things over the edge I believe.

www.dai lymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

They said examinations of the specimens found no evidence of physical abuse.

It would be quite simple to execute them with an IV injection. A strong potassium solution would do the trick.

Does anyone know if it is acceptable in Chinese culture for a person to willingly donate their body for this kind of thing?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

They said examinations of the specimens found no evidence of physical abuse.

It would be quite simple to execute them with an IV injection. A strong potassium solution would do the trick.

Does anyone know if it is acceptable in Chinese culture for a person to willingly donate their body for this kind of thing?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I went with my father a few years ago to see the exhibit in NYC. It was fascinating and in a way humbling, seeing just how complex and varied the human form really is.

During our visit, we heard that the bodies that had been "plastinated" were Chinese citizens. My father immediately began joking that they were probably political prisoners. Guess he was more right then he knew.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The culture of death in plain view.

Acclimated to people being murdered yet?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

The culture of death took form at the onset of humanity. It is nothing new.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm digging around to see if any association with the Falun Gong (or some other outlawed cult) can be made to these claims. It wouldn't surprise me if the PRC has really done this, and if so there is nothing anyone can do. Well, other than stop patronizing the exhibit. However, things such as this or organ harvesting by the Chinese government are often hijacked and blown out of proportion by some of these cults.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
medpundit.blogspot.com...

Well, that didn't take long. Here is a blog from 2006 where a Dr. David Nicholl (Just like in the OP thread) has tried to make the Falun Gong's organ harvesting claim legit.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by resistor

The culture of death took form at the onset of humanity. It is nothing new.

True that. Much more more prevalent at some times than others. Now is such a time.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
these claims have been around, in one form or another, since the show started a few years back. I recently took my kids to see the exhibit here in NY and there are these disclaimers up that explain where the bodies came from. I explained to my wife that this was their response to the claims that the individuals died in not so natural ways.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Hmm.I do find it a bit creepy that its been turned into a form of entertainment,Like I mentioned before though it could be very useful for medical students.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

There was one of those investigative shows on about a year or two ago and they traced some of the bodies to a broker and some of them were indeed prisoners. There are actually a couple of those shows touring the U.S. & one of them was shortened or canceled because of this controversy.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

a bit more educational than entertaining. my kids were fascinated by the exhibit. grossed out too.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The Dr. named in this article is the same doctor that was often behind the claims of organ harveting in China. He is a representative of the Falun Gong. I am not saying that the Chinese do not do any of this, but I hold suspect any information from this group of people. IMO, they blow everything out of proportion. Their motives are often politically based, and may not be truthful.

This show is very educational. My children were able to see some things that they had learned about in school.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I think you are being to cynical for not seeing it in person. It is an amazing show and highly educational. I really don't see this as an entertainment show at all.

One positive effect of this show is people who quit smoking because of it. At the show I went to their is a box that they allow people to pledge quiting smoking and throw away their cigarettes. This is of course after the display of bodies from people who smoked.

If these are prisoners from china I still don't think the Bodies show group would be to blame. I think these same charges came up when the show went to germany.

top topics

join