It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eliminating demonic influences (Spiritual warfare)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've only read your initial post - if this is doubling up on a reply - oh well.
What you are experiencing is real, and for some time this phenomenon has been worsening - it will continue to worsen.
Believe it or not, it is an opportunity for you, though it seems like a curse - much like the whole of this world is (for those who touch the truth).
Yes you must oppose the forces that attack you, but do not abandon yourself to being just a reflection of their ways. To fight them on a spiritual level you also have to have a fair bit of personal power and insight - which most do not have. In this fight you must be careful, since we are all predisposed to submission to evil, and it can seem like you are "beating" them when in fact you are simply becoming less aware of their influence.
I have found two effective means of opposing their influence, one lesser leads to the other which is greater.
The first is to commit thoroughly to trying to follow the ten commandments. I say try to, since what occurs in the heart is infinitely more important than what occurs externally. You will fail time and again but must persist.
Commitment to the ten commandments begins to align you with the spirit. Such alignment is absolutely required to lessen the influence of those entities I just refer to as "negs". There are lesser negs and more powerful ones. Every person is afflicted by many many negs. They also create spiritual nests in homes. Spiders/webs are one indication of nest locations (the world provides this indication to us - the spider is not the actual neg).
Such alignment can be achieved through any commitment to a truly principled life, but I have found the ten commandments to be much more powerful in this regard than any other moral system.
Alignment with the spirit will over time increase the power of prayer, which is the second, more powerful approach. Your prayer will lack power without alignment however.
The prayer should be aimed at strengthening your link to the spirit. The negs will attempt to pervert everything, including prayer, trying to turn it to self-centred / materialistic demands. Try to avoid this when you become aware of it.

Over time, as you strengthen your alignment to the spirit, and increase the power of prayer, you will find the influence of negs lessening. You will find yourself feeling more positive about life, and suffering fewer setbacks.

If you want to include your family in these pursuits, which is laudable, try to avoid forcing, instead lead by example. Again, do not be dismayed by setbacks - we are all under an incredible spell, and breaking that is our greatest challenge - there are no instant results.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exile71
If you want to include your family in these pursuits, which is laudable, try to avoid forcing, instead lead by example. Again, do not be dismayed by setbacks - we are all under an incredible spell, and breaking that is our greatest challenge - there are no instant results.

Interesting post.
What incredible spell are we under?
Who is responsible for casting it?
How do you suggest we break this spell?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
reply to post by In nothing we trust

May I reccommend social services, and possibly some psychiatric help?

Demons do no exist. God does not exist. Spirits do not exist.

If you believe they do exist, and you are projecting these beliefs onto your family, I agree with you that your family is under attack. It is being attacked by your beliefs.

I quote you - "America is the only place on earth where men of all beliefs, races, shapes and ability can trully be secure" - Do you ACTUALLY believe this tripe?

America is the home of the modern fascist state. If you mean secure as in 'locked up' with no freedoms or liberties - then yes. Enjoy your tin-foil hat, you've earned it with this post!

Parallex.

Seriously? This website is turning into a drag down. This person is experiencing something,that has a topic which this thread can fall under. This website is turning into more than just conspiracy theories and people who discuss their opinion. It is turning into a mud flinging contest of "my opinion matters more than yours" disgusting.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is interesting to me. I don't look at the world (physical or spiritual) in the same way as the OP, but that doesn't mean he is crazy or delusional. Many different groups construct their own psychological/spiritual perceptions (or lack thereof) out of different "building blocks." This entails differences in vocabulary and ways of perceiving.

What the OP is experiencing may be very real and even familiar to many posting here...we just call these things by different names and use a different way of thinking about them. The kind of talk he is engaging in reminds me of stuff that is common in some branches of Pentecostalism or the Charismatic movement. I am not a member of either, but millions are. These people are not necessarily insane...they just use a different stance than you or I to look at the spiritual world and reality in general.

I think ultimately if we could strip away the superficial differences in vocabulary and stance, many (even atheists) might find that at root the differences are not as great and unbridgeable as you might imagine.

Learning to understand this kind of thinking is a bit like learning to understand a different language. Or, look at it this way: Anthropologists go to study remote tribes who deal in shamanic experiences and who perceive the world in ways that are not so different than that of the OP. Do good anthropologists call their subjects "crazy?" No...they try to keep an open mind, understand the psychospiritual vocabulary at work, and coordinate it with their own constructed reality. They approach their subjects with respect. It's a way of building bridges, and the other side of the bridge is nothing to fear or consider insane in most cases, even if it is radically different than the way we think.

To the OP: Despite our differences in religious stance, I am familiar enough with the concepts you are discussing to understand what you are experiencing, at least to some extent. This is even though I personally use a different psychospiritual framework to approach such issues. You and your family have my best wishes.

[edit on 1/11/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

"In nothing we trust"?

Sounds to me like you have quite a bit of faith in God showing!

Make peace with Him,then no matter what the outcome,you'll know you did all you can.

... we can pray for Him to always be at our side.

I believe that god is on our side.

May god vanquish and dominate the enemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join