It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scientific mind is inherently ignorant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It is impossible for the scientific mind to deny ignorance. Because the scientific mind believes in external powers from itself.

If you do not believe that god is within you then you live in fear of being controlled by external powers. This is why scientists refuse to even look at the posibility of 'the paranormal'. For example a scientist would refuse to listen to a self help hypnotherapy tape for fear of being hypnotised and loosing control. So the scientist is ignorant of the content of the tape.

The key to denying ignorance is to overcome fear of giving power away.

The only people who can truly deny ignorance are those who believe god is within them otherwise fear of being hypnotised while seeking knowledge will stop them looking for truth and create ignorance.

When you know that god is within you and there are no external powers only than can you truly deny ignorance and fearlessly delve into the darkest depths of reality.

This is my theory why there is so much ignorance in the scientific community what do you think?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by redzi0n]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The thing about science is that you are looking to explain how the world works, with scientific rigour new truths are always available to those who believe in science.
Those who follow religion, believe all the questions have been answered and the answers can be found in a book, that has been reproduced and reinterpreted over the last 2000 years. Religion promotes ignorance

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
"If you do not believe that god is within you then you live in fear of being controlled by external powers."

I love you more than you may ever understand. I am just like you... i am frightened.... but i refuse to believe something i see as a manufactured lie to remove it. I embrace my desire to feel the rythm... feel inspired. To swing on a spiral.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

That's a neat amount of rhetoric. What does it all mean? Are you aware that some scientists are atheist, some agnostic and some religious? Hellfire, some honestly couldn't give a rat's ass about any of it!

In this thread and your other one you seem to be trolling for what? It seems to me that if you are genuine in your belief (IF), you're generalizing away a a few million people in one easy phrase. If you can dismiss so many and offer so little...you become the ignorant one.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n

The key to denying ignorance is to overcome fear of giving power away.

*ramble, ramble*

This is my theory why there is so much ignorance in the scientific community what do you think?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by redzi0n]

I think you have got it muddled up.
Giving power away and being submissive is surely the definition of ignorance. It does not matter if it is to a god, science , government or your wife, if you are not aware of your own surroundings you may be getting screwed over.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
You know, If you replace scientific with Religious, this thread half makes sense. You accuse science of not considering the paranormal and yet religion believes the answer to every question is god. LOL. Thanks for the laugh brudda.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n

I think very little of your theory. You may wish to read a few books on logic instead of magic before posting this dross again.

IRM

join