It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why were intercepters grounded on 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Accoriding to the laws of the land, anytime a plane deviates from flight plan, fighteres are to be sent up to find out why. Yet on 9/11 this did not happen, at 7:45am and 8:10am EST all the planes of 9/11 were hi-jacked, By 8:15 am it was evident the planes were off course. At 8;45 flight 11 hits the world trade center, The Commander and chief has not yet been notified it seems, and no Air Force interceptors have been scrambled, At 9:05 flight 175 hits the other tower, , then the president is notified, he still does not scramble the air force, , even andrews squadron wasnt scrambled. The question is was there a stand down order? According to retiered 26 year U.S.Army veteran who taught Military science and doctrine, Stan Goff, something is afoul here. Do any of yall have any insight into this,?

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
In that area of the country (because of its proximity to the National Capitol) the SOP is to maintain 24/7 air patrols...But those planes were told to land as the news of the highjackings got out!

At least that's what reports I've seen...Unfortunately, I've also forgotten the links to those reports months ago. However, if you look back to earlier topics & threads shortly after the attacks, you might catch some of those links.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Because there were all kinds of crazy things happening in the air that day, they needed to have clear airspace with only "approved" personnel who would know how to keep their mouths shut about shooting that plane down over PA. Plus if they had tried to intercept either of the planes that were on-track with WTC in NYC, they would have found remote-controlled aircraft, according to a recent theory I have read. Wouldn't that be a little BEYOND the capabilities of Osama? But our US government on the other hand.. they've had remote-controlled aircraft technology since 1959. And one wonders-- what in the hell was NORAD doing all day on 9/11? Tough to say, but if it weren't for 9/11, we would never have mobilized our military into Afghanistan so quickly, and we would not currently be gearing up for Iraq.

www.serendipity.li...

www.public-action.com...

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have tried to find old articles, but dont have lots of time to look, I do know that we have strategic air command, and that they can be up here in Houston in less than 5 min. Currently we are getting a lot of fighters fling the coast region. If you run across some information, please let me know. As for the remote planes, I believe it is possible, and I have my own theroies on the Who Dun it. Though most sane folks would call me a little touched?

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Why do you think they were grounded?

There were plenty of first hand stories about terrified air traffic controlers contacting the Air Force, and interceptor pilots unable to get to the hijacked planes soon enough.

This is a rumor that is simply not true.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
In the time given, you surely know probablly better than I, that we have intercepters located in this nation capable of being anywhere in our air space within minuets. The fact that these planes were off flight plans, should have signaled a red flag, then after the 1st hit. it should have been obviously aware to get our protective aircraft up. Also, they were kept on radar, so finding them was not a problem.
I am not military, but I fully believe there was a stand down order given, also it is public knowledge Bush went to Daschale to keep from getting a full blown investigation into the events of that day. They did a inhouse type investigation.
This whole tragic event is strange in the way it played out.
I would still like to know why we did not intercept. we do have the capability.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
Because there were all kinds of crazy things happening in the air that day, they needed to have clear airspace with only "approved" personnel who would know how to keep their mouths shut about shooting that plane down over PA. Plus if they had tried to intercept either of the planes that were on-track with WTC in NYC, they would have found remote-controlled aircraft, according to a recent theory I have read. Wouldn't that be a little BEYOND the capabilities of Osama? But our US government on the other hand.. they've had remote-controlled aircraft technology since 1959. And one wonders-- what in the hell was NORAD doing all day on 9/11? Tough to say, but if it weren't for 9/11, we would never have mobilized our military into Afghanistan so quickly, and we would not currently be gearing up for Iraq.

No truer words were ever typed. Look people the fact is, British Government buildings in London are guarded tight by the Royal Air Force, no way would this happen over here, and the fact is, The USA is meant to be at the forefront in military technology. Four words for you people (Andrews Air Force Base) The base that houses Air Force One, The base that is on 24hrs a day at a wake up to air time of 2mins!. Now where is Andrews Air force Base ? do the times to miles for youerself.

Your government NEEDED 9/11 to happen, it need to justify a new war in a new country, what happened in Afghanistan was planed way before 9/11.

The fact is, and I am sorry to say this, but, The American Government killed over 3000 of its people in one day in order to make the world a much tighter place.

If they control the fuel they control the money, if they control the money they control the people, if they control the people they control the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

Tihis link gives alot of the laws governing the air defense of America.

PD, Im glad to see I aint the only one seeing this for what it is, however, we will never get the evidence to prove the link. Now there is plenty to make me believe, hell the day it happened I knew, but proveing it is something else. For everything we may point out, the Administration believers will just ignore it and twist the facts.

Well, I guess we just go on the most hunted list by our great leaders for our imaginative beliefs.

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureDarren

No truer words were ever typed. Look people the fact is, British Government buildings in London are guarded tight by the Royal Air Force, no way would this happen over here, and the fact is, The USA is meant to be at the forefront in military technology. Four words for you people (Andrews Air Force Base) The base that houses Air Force One, The base that is on 24hrs a day at a wake up to air time of 2mins!. Now where is Andrews Air force Base ? do the times to miles for youerself.

Your government NEEDED 9/11 to happen, it need to justify a new war in a new country, what happened in Afghanistan was planed way before 9/11.

The fact is, and I am sorry to say this, but, The American Government killed over 3000 of its people in one day in order to make the world a much tighter place.

Man, can you shovel more garbage? What a load of #.

The US gov't didn't and doesn't need to fabricate conflict to attack anyone. If Bush wanted to blow up a country, he could just do it. No need to kill American Citizens.

-Mal

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This has been asked for the last 18 months and little has changed: the "official" line has always been FAA glitches; shortage of fighters nearby and dirty doings with transponders.
Old link; but a good summary here: emperors-clothes.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
And sobering to reflect that so much is already "old" "forgotten" and remains a mystery.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malsua

Originally posted by PureDarren

Man, can you shovel more garbage? What a load of #.

The US gov't didn't and doesn't need to fabricate conflict to attack anyone. If Bush wanted to blow up a country, he could just do it. No need to kill American Citizens.

-Mal

So in other words, be quite and BELIVE. You gotta believe. Man you sound like one of those ufo people who hold up a blurry picture and tell us we are full of # because we dont just belive. How are the reptillians in your secret underground cave doing?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

The member you replied to has not visited ATS since September 14th , 2008 .

Like I told you in the other thread C666 , it's the details ., ya gotta look at the details .

Kudos to you for bumping the thread tho' , got my attention .

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Just to add this is the most amazing bump of a thread ever, the last reply was from 2003, no flags 5 replies, how on earth did you dig it up - its just so random. Pure gold, there is so much 'lost' info on the web, lost for words on the epicness of the save. I was thinking of bumping some old popular threads because nothing is new in the movement but this takes the biscuit, and the last replier was in China, its a big crazy world

new topics

top topics

join