It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shameful Religions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

Shameful Religions
I was born and raised Catholic and I was taught that Catholicism was the one true religion of God. Now anyone who has read the National Geo-graphics would know God must have turned his back on many other human beings. Well so much for that, I walked away too.

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing with us the reasons you walked away from Judaism? What teachings drove you off?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Yeah, religions do seem to exclude a fair bit don't they?

Basically my parents sent me to Australia when I was around 10 and from there I attended a normal non religious Primary school, just hanging out with friends from all cultures and religions in an open environment was the final thing to make me leave, though I didn't officially leave till I was 16. As I'm sure you know the Jewish community is very closed off and fairly gossipy they had a real lack of outside culture and just seemed to only be concerned with other Jews.

But if you are referring to while I was in Israel, I think it was because I just wanted to be known and every time a conversation about Muslims came up I would defend them and every time I did I would get beaten silly lol. I was completely ignorant of their ways and customs, actually of everything non-Jewish but I remember every time I got beaten for talking nice about the Muslims I would just get angrier and want to defend them more, and eventually my parents got sick of it.

So I guess in the end, it wasn't the teachings, but the freedom I got from hanging out with Non Jews, I just wanted more and more and when I was 16 I realized I would never get to see the world the same way again if I had stayed....

Sorry for ranting a bit

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
reply to post by pumpkinorange

And it would seem even this thread, thanks to you.

The fact is while Christianity might be one of the Earliest "peaceful" monotheistic Religion, for a long time it was anything but. I point you to the Witch burnings. I do not want to argue about this, but Christianity preaches WAR and PEACE, Just like every other religion in the world.

As for who Jesus was based on:
Horus

Born 3000 B.C, 25th December
Egyptian God
Born of a virgin (Isis-Merion =Mary)
His father was called “Seb” = Joseph
Adorned by 3 Kings
Star in the east
Teacher at the age of 12
Baptized at the age of 30
Had 12 disciples
Preformed miracles i.e. Healing the sick, walking on water etc...
Known as “the lamb of God/ the light” etc...
Betrayed & Crucified
Dead for 3 days
And thus resurrected

Attis

Born 1700 B.C, 25th December
Greek God
Born of a virgin (Nana)
Star in the east
Teacher at the age of 12
Baptized at the age of 30
Had 12 disciples
Preformed miracles i.e. Healing the sick, walking on water etc...
Known as “the lamb of God/ the light” etc...
Betrayed & Crucified
Dead for 3 days
And thus resurrected on March 25

Regarding this post... I didn't include everything you listed so the quote would be smaller...

I mean no offense, but as someone who has studied religion for quite some time, most of what you have just stated has no factual evidence.
Using Zeitgeist as factual evidence does not count, either.

If you were to google half of what you posted, you would find that there are very little bits and pieces that are actually true.

Yes, I do agree that many religions recycle certain things, but I can't really bite my tongue here... What you posted = false.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

So I guess what you are saying is that Judaism is a great religion and not one of the shameful ones, and you left only because you wanted freedom.

You left when you were 16? Did you know the real Talmudic teaching doesn't start until you are 40? It would almost be safe to say, you have little knowledge about Judaism. Would this be correct, and if incorrect, could you educate us on this.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

Ah, I do apologize I meant no offence to the religion just because it may be based on somethings doesn't mean the message is any less worthy. But yes, some of those "facts" cannot be fully verified but the birth dates and their resurrection of sorts can be from multiple sources. December 25th is a hugely common date in myths and religions as I'm sure you know.

Another example could be Odin: I know that I hung on a windy tree
nights all nine,
wounded with a spear and given to Odin,
myself to myself,
on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run

No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn,
downwards I peered,
I took up the runes,
screaming I took them,
then I fell back from there
While it is not actually about crucification it is a bout a self imposed sacrifice, and not mention the spear which is mentioned in both legends. Who knows maybe it's possible God sent multiple "sons" that to help humanity?

Overall the legend of Jesus was taken from and has been the basis for:

Chrishna of Hindostan.
Budha Sakia of India.
Salivahana of Bermuda.
Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
Odin of the Scaudinavians.
Crite of Chaldea.
Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phenicia.
Indra of Thibet.
Bali of Afghanistan.
Jao of Nepaul.
Wittoba of the Bilingonese.
Thammuz of Syria.
Atys of Phrygia.
Xaniolxis of Thrace.
Zoar of the Bonzes.
Adad of Assyria.
Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam.
Alcides of Thebes.
Mikado of the Sintoos.
Beddru of Japan.
Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
Cadmus of Greece.
Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
Divine Teacher of Plato.
Holy One of Xaca.
Fohi and Tien of China.
Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
IxiOn and Quirinus of Rome.
Prometheus of Caucasus.
Mohamud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

Some were crucified, some were born of immaculate conception, all received divine honors most were worshiped as gods or sons of Gods, though I think the main legend of Jesus was taken from none other then HERCULES! That's right, born of a god impregnating a human, 12 disciples are replaced with 12 trials and crucification is replaced with lighting himself on fire.

And don't get me started on what Islam is taken thing, they even talk of Jesus in the Koran and pieced Mohhamed together from several arabian war heroes and princes in legends.

But yeah I was under the impression all those facts were recorded thanks you making me double check and learning something new.

ALL SEEING EYE: No, I was not aware of any additional knowledge, I was never as dedicated to the religion and stopped going to Synagogue when I came to Aus except on holidays and the like. But yeah all religions are beautiful in their own right as in the message, but the fillers were what made me leave, those little details in between the larger picture that just like catholics separate them from the real world.

Though I will admit even if I knew of the knowledge I would never had stayed, why would I stick to something that was going to control every aspect of my life simply for some extra information I never agreed with in the first place? In the sense of the people and they're control over everything it not beautiful at all though. As with any aforementioned "shameful" religion, it is not the teachings that are shameful it what the people have done with those teachings that is.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join