It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Suicide Epidemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
its not something odd if you stop to think

it should be because these people are really disturbed, then, since someone decided to kill themselves, they feel that they can do it too, so its a linked event

one watches some local suicide and feel encouraged to do it too ... I think this explains

there is another explanation, it could be a game that some kids do, I dont know the name, but I think its highly unlike since I dont think a lot of kids would do it knowing so many people died frm it

I really think that the encouragement is really the key, man, these teens are all crazy, they all think they have problems, and they all probably were being bullied or something in school, so if some random guy does it, they feel encouraged to do it too ... as I said above

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I could certainly buy 17 suicides in a small town over a relatively short length of time.

What I dont buy is that everyone would choose hanging AND be successful at it AND not give indication that they where about to do it.

Honestly killing yourself is not that easy.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Welcome to the mind of a depressed teen...
Some of this may not seem logcial, and at the current moment in time it makes little sense to me, but I'm going to try and recall my thoughts last time I was on 'the edge'.

" I have uni this year..and, I'm not ready for it, iterviews to get places, I don't even know what I need who hte hell am I kidding I'm not even good enough.

I'll never get the grades I need to get in anyway, I'm fialing everything...theres just too much...all of my courses coursework should take the year by itself....history okay an essay its hard and I don't get it but okay. But media and ICT, those are both full tasks that take companies months to complete in big teams and I have to do them both side by side in hardly any time at all or I fail... And I suck at exams so if i mees up the courseowrk I'm done for.

Theres not enough time and I'm not ready...

And I've ruiend relationships between my friends and it's not going to get better and I don't get what my girlfriend even sees in me because I only ever seem to mess things up and shes going to leave me now and my best friend...shes like my sister and I've gone and annoyed her too and now she hates me and I can't lose her....I can't take it all it's all going down hill."

That was a fairly MILD time when I was on the edge... but I was very close indeed to killing myself, and nobody knew. Not my parents not my friends, nobody. Part of being depressed is feeling like nobody cares, so you don't let them know because you don't want what you think is their false support.

You convince yourselves even if theyre sad, it will only be for a couple of days so nobody knows unless you tell them. So yes, I can very easily understand how this could happen with nobody knowing.

The problems don't even have to be anything big... nerves about some university interviews, nerves about the grades I was going to get. I'd lost my best friend, and this happens many times and we always make up, but it still hit me like a tonne of bricks. Nerves over my new girlfriend because shes special.

Those problems are extreemely petty...but they didn't seem it at the time.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hi guys and gals i live about 30mins from Bridgend. And remember all this happening.

Everyone here said it was too weird and too much of a coincidence. But the police did a few press releases saying they would look into the suicides but that they dont think there is anything sinister or that the deaths are connected in any way.

Its all fizzled out now and we never really hear about it. I first thought it was something to do with drugs, perhaps a bad batch went around causing depression in the victims but surprisingly the press reports indicated that 90% of them were clean cut , had good upbringings and didnt do drugs, they also had good educations and bright futures ahead of them.

But im telling you now. Its way too weird for my liking. As quoted before Its like something out of a horror movie.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Look at the state of the world we live in today, Wars, drugs, false economies, and justice for the criminal not the victim.
The world is so screwed that I'm not surprised a lot of people choose the easy way out, after all they won't have to deal with any issues we have anymore.
I just think they want the madness to stop and they realise they can't make any difference no matter how hard they try so they top themselves.
Manay a time I've thought about it as well, but I'll be damned if I let them beat me.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I always say that people who have not been suicidal at one point do not and can not understand it. They like to place blame on a variety of factors when in reality it stems from one major thing.

Loneliness.

No I am not talking about just literally being alone in a room by yourself, but the impounding feeling that has grown throughout the past couple of decades where people feel so alone. You can have all the friends in the world but how many of them actually care about you? We've all heard the saying about true friends and all that jazz, well it is true.

Not to mention, as someone else mentioned, the relationship between some children and parents. When the relationship becomes anything different than a nurturing relationship, and turns into a forceful or demeaning relationship, the feeling of connection breaks within people and loneliness amplifies 10 fold.

Of anyone I have ever spoken to about suicide, who have been suicidal, every time it vented back to loneliness. Whether it be a relationship gone bad and the impending feeling of never being with someone again, a family argument where nobody seems to understand your point of view, or a life of being bullied, have very little friends, or being turned on by friends who you thought you could trust, all end up with the same factors.

For me personally, it was a factor of lack of friends I could trust, parents impending their wills upon me and disregarding my thoughts, and the loss of a higher power in my life. I consider myself lucky that I caught myself before it was too late and found solace knowing that I am not alone.

It is harder for some people though. Sometimes there is no evidence that anyone or anything cares about your existence. To be in that situation, truly in that situation like many people I have known were, like I myself was, you realize that you would rather die then to live alone.

Why do you think that some men, after being in prison for so long get released and commit suicide? When on the outside they are alone, literally. In prison, there were at least bonds created, and the feeling that people cared about you enough to at least feed you on a daily basis.

It is the breakdown of humanity at the core, the desensitization of the populace, and the general uncaring attitude of people towards one another that leads towards the suicidal trend. The only thing that prevented me from offing myself is an epiphany and setting a goal for myself to complete before I die. Sometimes the thoughts return though not as bad as they were back then, but I have to constantly remind myself of why I am here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join