It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we hearing the faint notes of a Russia-China-Iran symphony?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Russia, China, Iran redraw energy map

The inauguration of the Dauletabad-Sarakhs-Khangiran pipeline on Wednesday connecting Iran's northern Caspian region with Turkmenistan's vast gas field may go unnoticed amid the Western media cacophony that it is "apocalypse now" for the Islamic regime in Tehran.

The event sends strong messages for regional security. Within the space of three weeks, Turkmenistan has committed its entire gas exports to China, Russia and Iran. It has no urgent need of the pipelines that the United States and the European Union have been advancing. Are we hearing the faint notes of a Russia-China-Iran symphony?

The 182-kilometer Turkmen-Iranian pipeline starts modestly with the pumping of 8 billion cubic meters (bcm) of Turkmen gas. But its annual capacity is 20bcm, and that would meet the energy requirements of Iran's Caspian region and enable Tehran to free its own gas production in the southern fields for export. The mutual interest is perfect: Ashgabat gets an assured market next door; northern Iran can consume without fear of winter shortages; Tehran can generate more surplus for exports; Turkmenistan can seek transportation routes to the world market via Iran; and Iran can aspire to take advantage of its excellent geographical location as a hub for the Turkmen exports.

Read the full article here.

I know information has been posted regarding these subjects but I know this story hasn't been posted, at least a search for this article did not come up here on ATS.

I wanted to share this after reading the line in the 2nd paragraph of the article, which I named the title of the thread because it definitely makes you wonder... this is not the first time we have heard of such things, but really, what is going on?

People are saying "Oil is going to become useless soon!" Well no, that's not true. Oil, crude & refined is going to be used until this planet is bone dry, why? Because that's how humans are, there will always be greedy people, there will always be a need for oil in some way in our lifetimes and more than likely for generations to come (although let's not debate this because this isn't my point).

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
People really have a hard time remembering that oil is not only used for energy. We are a plastic based society. EVERYTHING is made out of plastic. Plastic is made from oil. So we will always need oil as long as we use so much plastic.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It's threads like this that keep me here.

Not a 58 page essay, not a profound work of art, just a nice chunk of interesting information.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
i think your right,,,,, i remember reading a few articles about 2 years ago on rense by a guy,,,,,, and he laid it out perfectly,,,,, the whole mideast and our interest is over oil and just as important oil pipelines

everyone forgets about the pipelines,,, but what good is oil if you can't get it out of there

this guy posted maps of current and future proposed pipelines,,,,,, and it hit me and all made sense

afghanistan is all about oil,,,, and maybe even al quaida too,,, by way of the cia,,,, to get us in there and secure piplines,,,,

if i remmebr correctly turkmenistan??Spelling) holds all the marbles for us getting oil,, and afghanistan as well

i think many overlook the pipekine angle,,,, and probably will overlook it here in this thread as well,,, unfortunately

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

No problem
Sometimes I deem it necessary to make a very long thread, investigating into the situation much etc. but in this case the article explains what exactly it needs too, and it does it quick with good information.

I would love to see anyone add some information to what I have stated in the OP.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Good article.

I think of Iran like the little kid that got to hang out with the older bullies because they would dare him to do stupid things and he would. The kid would also take the fall for doing things because he wouldn't get in nearly as much trouble.

Eventually these kids either realize they are getting used and retaliate or they get too big for their britches and get this butts kicked.

We will see how this all pans out.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
People really have a hard time remembering that oil is not only used for energy. We are a plastic based society. EVERYTHING is made out of plastic. Plastic is made from oil. So we will always need oil as long as we use so much plastic.

Not only plastics, but most fertilizers are petroleum-based.

Not many people realize how reliant we have become on petro-fertilizers. Even some of what is considered the best agricultural land in the world (parts of the US midwest, Ukraine, etc.) is no longer farmable without oil, because the natural nutrients were leeched out decades ago and the soil has become "dependent" on fertilizers, the way an alcoholic becomes dependent on alcohol to feel "normal."

If you closely examine much of the productive agricultural soil in the world today, you'll find that without petro-fertilizers, its basically a sponge-like framework of gritty near-sand. Unless we figure out a way to ween the land from its "addiction" to feritilizers, we are likely to see a massive plunge in food cultivation that could lead to a global mega-famine.

[edit on 1/11/10 by silent thunder]

top topics

join