It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldier Captured by Taliban: Latest Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Wait some of you seriously believe that he's doing this voluntarily?

Oh wait, it all makes sense. He deserted the Army for Taliban, who like to shoot people in his uniform or capture them and chop their heads off on national television. He thought that he could make friends, and they'd all spread their message of American Imperialism!

Grow up. I say send in the Rescue Rangers and bring him home (as well as all of the other troops while they're at it
)!

This guy is not caught by the Taliban. The Taliban dont take American soldiers and keep them alive for 6 months. They never have.

If the Taliban gets a hold of this soldier he is dead.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

This guy is not caught by the Taliban. The Taliban dont take American soldiers and keep them alive for 6 months. They never have.

No. He is of value to them. This value is shown in the fact that you actually believe that he agrees with what he's saying.

You've been fooled.

You've ALL been fooled.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Exactly...

People tend to rule out or forget about the propaganda value. A captured US soldier going on film making Statements against the war would be shown all over the media and may end up on the internet.

The man is being used like a tool.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just for the folks who are replying and making comments about the sunglasses...there may be VERY GOOD reason his captors are making him wear them...please checkout the Jeremiah Denton POW story (Vietnam war) in which the only way we knew the truth behind the message he was saying with his voice was the morse code he used with his eyes...to spell the word T-O-R-T-U-R-E so U.S. would know exactly what was happening to him, I have no source from the internet, I just read a book called Secret Messages written byWilliam S. Butler and L. Douglas Keeney in which they use the source When Hell was in session by Smith-Morley....just trying to give a source to back my statement here... side-note...secret messages is a very interesting read by the way...G'Day!!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq

No. He is of value to them. This value is shown in the fact that you actually believe that he agrees with what he's saying.

You've been fooled.

Ok so you know the values of Taliban?

How many valuable American prisoners do you know that Taliban is keeping alive?

The American prisoners that are captured. Is very often sold. But they are not sold by the Taliban. They are sold to different groups besides the Taliban.

If the Taliban gets a hold of this soldier he is dead. And they will most likely make a movie of it. Or place him shot or headless where he can be found.

EDIT:

If he was caught by the Taliban you would really see a scared prisoner. And you would probably see him reading a different type of statement from a small piece of paper. Or the Taliban would read their own message from a small piece of paper. And then you would have the final execution.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by amance
reply to post by Sianara

(snip)) I want the REAL casualty numbers (aka the truth). Anyone know the real number of casualties or how to find out?

"Casualty": someone injured or killed or captured or missing in a military engagement.

According to a RAND study called "Invisible Wounds of War Psychological and Cognitive Injuries, Their Consequences, and Services to Assist Recovery" (link below)

300,000 psychological casualties 18.5% (PTSD and depression)
320,000 brain injury casualties 19%
35,000 officially reported “normal” casualties.
---------------------------------------------------
This adds up to 655,000 US casualties, an average of just under 101,000 per year.

Article:
www.creators.com...

RAND study (500 page .pdf)
www.rand.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm reading a book titled "Operation Mind Control" and this guy fits the pattern exactly. his discussion regarding how he was trained to expect brainwashing and instead experienced living with them is almost an exact word for word description.

I believe what he is saying.

Do I believe he was offered the chance to make the video? yes.. do I believe he is forced? no.

b

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
article:
www.creators.com...

Written by Alexander Cockburn

Alexander Cockburn (pronounced Coburn) is an expatriate Irishman living in Northern California as a radical leftist journalist. The man is utterly dissatisfied with the corporate-friendly policies of the Democratic party (as well as its former standard bearers Bill Clinton and Al Gore), and often extols the virtues of Ralph Nader and the Green party. Cockburn is also the nemesis of fellow Nation columnist Eric Alterman, who evidently regards Cockburn as a shameless liar.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He could be the biggest s**tbird in the military, but he's our s**tbird, not theirs, not now, not ever.

So yeah, keep discussing this s**t, keep giving Haji the messages to give to their new propoganda tool. We don't disown people because they f**ked up or are f**ked up, not when it comes to this, not now, not ever.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by LadySkadi

This man is alive. If they have killed him. He would have been left where he could have been found. Or they would have made a new video of he's execution.
This man will not be executed. Because he is not captured by the Taliban. Because they would have killed him 5 moths ago.

was nick bergs body ever found afterwards?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think the governments have even forgotten what they are fighting about and have turned it into a lifestyle... A culture!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Americans have no business in Afghanistan. go back to your own country.

Americans are a bunch of control freaks.

Spend the money and isolate afghan from the rest of the world if the people there are so bad? it would be a lot cheaper on money and life.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

The Body yes.

I'm not sure about his head.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
He is being forced to film this video, he hasn't 'made friends' with these Arabs.

I feel so bad for him stuck in that craphole of a place and not having a clue when or if he will ever leave.

I hope they release him safely.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He hasn't "made friends with them, but he's reached an understanding, which would probably be mutual.

Not killing him and safely returning him would further prove their point.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

reply to post by LadySkadi

This man is alive. If they have killed him. He would have been left where he could have been found. Or they would have made a new video of he's execution.
This man will not be executed. Because he is not captured by the Taliban. Because they would have killed him 5 moths ago.

Nick Berg was killed in Iraq. He was beheaded. As the Video of that incident show. The group that killed Nick Berg have nothing to do with this incident in Afghanistan or the Taliban.

The Taliban have more links to groups within Lebanon and Saudi Arabia. Taliban's link to Iraq is a CIA and US government mock up. The whole war against Iraq was a lie.

The thing about Taliban is they produce a lot of different wannabee groups. Just like Hells Angels have a lot of wannabees.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by someguy420
He hasn't "made friends with them,

I would like to know how you know this. Can you tell that by looking at this video?

Or is your argument based on American patriotism? That No American would ever change sides or desert their Army.

Its like your statement is a law of nature. Rather then a code of honor.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Alamo Ripper
dude watch some footage of pows in Vietnam, same S* dude

Exactly.
People have forgotten what can be achieved with brainwashing.

Perhaps this soldier now freely believes what he is saying, (some of it is certainly true,) or perhaps he's been made to learn the script off by heart and say it convincingly, there's no way to know.

Anyone who jumps to conclusions on the basis of this video or who passes judgement on this soldier is pretty inexperienced in these situations.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You poor, easily deceived, ignorant people. Of course this guys is reading off of a script. It couldn't be MORE obvious. This guys is doing whatever they want him to, because he is trying to stay alive.

Some people are so quick to believe that America is sadistic that they'll actually think for a second that this guy is speaking his own mind. Hilarious really.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If this guy is speaking legitimately, and not from script, why'd he choose this forum for his first contact?

Why didn't he reach out to his loved ones first, or those who are closest to him? I'd imagine they'd be sick with grief by now?

Doesn't he care about his mother? If this is voluntary, wouldn't he let her know something? I mean, at the very least? Sheesh!

Did he just 'up and leave' his family and closest friends? Don't they deserve an explanation before the MSM does?

This is vile propaganda!

-Sour

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SourGrapes]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join