It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Warming picture to end all debate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I cannot find the printout, but I do remember that volcanic activity has gone up %300 in the last 2,000 years, also, humans produce 35 gigatons of gasses and particulate every year, and the 'natural world' , including volcanoes, produces 350 gigatons per year of gasses and particulates per year, 2 years worth of printouts is a load to wade through looking for a particular article.
Once more, CO2 is %0.004 of the total atmosphere, last time I looked, 383 parts per Million.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeceFleece
no but that experiment demonstrates the molecular qualities of c02

Ok I filled a bottle qwith my co2 as you said. then I put it in a dark place out of the sun. Nothing happened. Explain?

how can you seriously believe that what is happening has happened before? Is there something wrong with you? Those increases and changes happened over very long periods of time, as opposed to whats happened in recent history.

You should look at the chart again. Perhaps the full size version?

o im sorry i meant to say hundreds of thousands of years. I guess me missing one point makes me incorrect on every other one right?

No but you being incorrect on every other point makes you incorrect on every other point.

I forgot humans have been around for hundreds of thousands of years putting up c02 into the air.

I like how you pointed out earlier that my chart means nothing because "we just started putting out co2" yet in the same situation where we have just started putting out co2 your charts mean everything.

that chart is the result of NATURAL cycles. we are currently dealing with an artificial incease in c02

We are people. We are not artificial.

, something thats never happened before. Since this has never happened before your amazing win graph is null and void. It only describes things as they happened naturally. Im sorry but we are not dealing with a natural case right now. We are currently taking up concentrated carbon from underground and releasing into the air en masse. If you dont think that will have any consequences, then you my friend, are an idiot.

Explain then why there has been more co2 than now and it has been hotter than now, then explain how there has been more co2 than now and how it has been cooler than now and finally explain how there has been less co2 and its been hotter than now.

The only consequences will be from pollution, which co2 is not.

Any further questions?

By the way did you see the article that says the US has been manipulating data also?

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

We are heading into further glaciation.

End of story.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

THAT is the picture that will end all the debate?

Highly unlikely...

The earth goes through systematic climate changes on it's own through a large variety of factors.

I do believe cars are polluting and poisoning the air regardless of temperature.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
As usual global warming deniers confuse real scepticism with actual denial of real tried and tested science.

Short-term cooling has been predicted as a possibility due to pollution levels. Even long-term effects of global warming may cause a mini ice-age in western europe if the gulf stream becomes tragically affected due to a change in sea ocean currents caused by melting ice.

The Earth's atmosphere & climate system isn't one individual component with either a cooling or heating with exact predictions, and so long-term trends are only what really matter to climate science. There are always going to be various cycles (natural and man-made) going on at the same time, and warming in a decade or so may even be delayed by these other cycles.

As someone has mentioned, CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and they outlined exactly how you can observe this process yourself. 19th century this was discovered, and how can anyone dare to claim they can end a debate in climate science when they cannot even comprehend such a basic piece of science!

I know some of you find it difficult to think as a scientist in this way, and many don't understand how much work many thousands of scientists put into climate science. This transaction can only be made by oneself's own choice to have a desire & want to learn. And however many will try to convince you, the biggest step has to be taken on your own.

It really is a joke if anyone has looked at climategate critically and still actually believe in the conspiracy. The money's in oil still, so ask yourself who would wish to discredit climate science at all costs......

[edit on 16-1-2010 by john124]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join