It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giza Pyramid Machines: Their true purpose finally revealed.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: username74
a reply to: Hanslune
hi
in a non alien, non technologicai context do you have any imformation to whether the great pyramid was constructed on an older stie of some longstanding local significance?

Almost certainly not the Great Pyramid or any of the others.
However, Giza itself was a necropolis well before the 4th Dynasty, having tombs dating to the 1st Dynasty.

Harte

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune
hi
in a non alien, non technologicai context do you have any imformation to whether the great pyramid was constructed on an older stie of some longstanding local significance?

It's hard to say. That area was home to several predynastic cultures but given a thousand years between that time and the time of Khufu, I think that any significance would have been erased. The early pharaohs did not put their tombs there; Khufu (a thousand years after the unification of Egypt) was the first pharaoh to do so.

Saqqara and Abydos were (and remained throughout Egyptian history) the primary places of great importance to the Egyptians. Giza and its cemeteries and temples would have been impressive and important, but there are no records of people wishing to participate in great festivals in the necropolis there (we find these references to festivals at Abydos, though).
edit on 7-6-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Although the Giza plateau is most closely associated with the pyramids of Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure, the site was used as early as the First Dynasty of Egypt as evidenced by the tomb of the king Djet which was found toward the edge of the plateau. Evidence of at least one king from the Second Dynasty (Nynetjer) buried at Giza has also been found. Further, inscriptions relate how king Khufu had to clear many earlier tombs and grave complexes to build the Great Pyramid. What happened to the corpses or the grave goods from those tombs is not known.

Source

Harte

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
forgive me if this was already covered. i think its really obvious they were built by humans

The Bent Pyramid is an ancient Egyptian pyramid located at the royal necropolis of Dahshur, approximately 40 kilometres south of Cairo, built under the Old Kingdom Pharaoh Sneferu (c. 2600 BC). A unique example of early pyramid development in Egypt, this was the second pyramid built by Sneferu. The Bent Pyramid rises from the desert at a 54-degree inclination, but the top section is built at the shallower angle of 43 degrees, lending the pyramid its very obvious 'bent' appearance.[1]

Archaeologists now believe that the Bent Pyramid represents a transitional form between step-sided and smooth-sided pyramids (see Step pyramid). It has been suggested that due to the steepness of the original angle of inclination the structure may have begun to show signs of instability during construction, forcing the builders to adopt a shallower angle to avert the structure's collapse.[2]

This theory appears to be borne out by the fact that the adjacent Red Pyramid, built immediately afterwards by the same Pharaoh, was constructed at an angle of 43 degrees from its base. This fact also contradicts the theory that at the initial angle the construction would take too long because Sneferu's death was nearing, so the builders changed the angle to complete the construction in time. In 1974 Kurt Mendelssohn suggested the change of the angle to have been made as a security precaution in reaction to a catastrophic collapse of the Meidum Pyramid while it was still under construction.[3] Isometric, plan and elevation images of the Bent Pyramid Complex taken from a 3d model

It is also unique amongst the approximately ninety pyramids to be found in Egypt, in that its original polished limestone outer casing remains largely intact. British structural engineer Peter James attributes this to larger clearances between the parts of the casing than used in later pyramids; these imperfections would work as expansion joints and prevent the successive destruction of the outer casing by thermal expansion.[4]

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
For those who may be interested: www.goodreads.com...
It's by Patrick Flanagan.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Although the Giza plateau is most closely associated with the pyramids of Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure, the site was used as early as the First Dynasty of Egypt as evidenced by the tomb of the king Djet which was found toward the edge of the plateau. Evidence of at least one king from the Second Dynasty (Nynetjer) buried at Giza has also been found. Further, inscriptions relate how king Khufu had to clear many earlier tombs and grave complexes to build the Great Pyramid. What happened to the corpses or the grave goods from those tombs is not known.

Source

Harte

Wikipedia says that his tomb is at Abydos... which is what I thought I remembered. en.wikipedia.org...

TourEgypt also has him at Abydos: www.touregypt.net...

Abydos is considerably south of Giza: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-6-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Source

Harte

Wikipedia says that his tomb is at Abydos... which is what I thought I remembered. en.wikipedia.org...

So, bad source?
Weren't there earlier burials at Giza?

Harte

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Source

Harte

So, bad source?
Weren't there earlier burials at Giza?

Harte

I found an article by Jimmy Dutton (who was an Egyptology student) at Tour Egypt which says there were older tombs there:

Though the three Great Pyramids are the most famous and prominent monuments at Giza, the site has actually been a Necropolis almost since the beginning of Pharaonic Egypt. A tomb just on the outskirts of the Giza site dates from the reign of the First Dynasty Pharaoh Wadj (Djet), and jar sealings discovered in a tomb in the southern part of Giza mention the Second Dynasty Pharaoh Ninetjer. But it was the Fourth Dynasty Pharaoh Khufu (Cheops) who placed Giza forever at the heart of funerary devotion, a city of the dead that dwarfed the cities of the living nearby. In order to build his complex, he had to clear away many of the old tombs, filling in their shafts or even totally destroying them. His pyramid, the largest of all the pyramids in Egypt (though it should be noted that it surpasses the Red Pyramid at Dahshur built by his father Snefru by only ten meters), dominates the sandy plain.
source: www.touregypt.net...

Mention is made that the town was an important one for awhile.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

and so this is what i am hinting at. there is no attestable pedigree for the great pyramid. i would at this point submit that it could have been there though this whole epoch. just as the sphinx. we have the account of herodotus, and all writings after involve his source. only one pre dated account, mantheo. i would note that the burial of djet occurs on the outskirts of the plateaux. indicating it was a worthy site. why do you suggest that the greatest remaining structure of pre history was built with no known precedent in a patch of sand 4 or 5 thousand years ago for no discernable reason, surely there must be a reason. history is littered with new perspectives built on old. the chistian church is aprime example. churches on shrines

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: username74

heres a various list of various accounts.
www.ancient-wisdom.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

why is it where it is.
location is the primary factor of construction.
why this location for this structure?
i doubledog dare ya
and please no landing pads
edit on 8-6-2016 by username74 because: lalalaaaa

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

oh and just to cap it off (pun intended). it appears the great pyramid was either never finished or was never intended to have a capstone.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

so almost everything we think we know about the damned thing is either not true or a supposition based on what best suits whoever. so we really only have the construction. its a very enigmatic puzzle

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

and this is interesting
"1730-1575 BC - The earliest accounts of Giza record that it was a site of pilgrimage for 'Sabian' star worshippers from Harran"
following to
www.hermetics.org...
and the reason i link em is purely to point out that anatolia boasts some of the earliest steel discoveries

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

and this is interesting
"1730-1575 BC - The earliest accounts of Giza record that it was a site of pilgrimage for 'Sabian' star worshippers from Harran"
following to
www.hermetics.org...
and the reason i link em is purely to point out that anatolia boasts some of the earliest steel discoveries

You might want to do some independent verification of the claims on that web site.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

never seen it before so probably youre right.
just related to the tuts dagger thread. anatotlia was home to some 4000 year old cast iron.
and these guys were said to come from this region. so i dread to look what else is there

edit on 9-6-2016 by username74 because: rah

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

oh and just to cap it off (pun intended). it appears the great pyramid was either never finished or was never intended to have a capstone.

Actually, no. It was finished. As far as I'm aware, the only pyramid abandoned unfinished was the one at Medium, built by Sneferus (Khufu's father, who made all the mistakes in building pyramids)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

urgh yeah just looked . never mind, only a geographical reference. harran, in anatolia, visiting giza.
do i get a pass ?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The most obvious noticeable missing features from the outside have to be either the lack of casing stones or the fact that the pyramid has no top. It is generally agreed that the casing stones have been gradually removed and used as masonry for local building projects in Cairo. The capstone or 'Ben-Ben', which one would normally assume to be found on top of any pyramid, is however, conspicuously missing. Although there are various myths surrounding it, there are no recorded eye-witness accounts, which suggests that it either never existed or that it was 'lost' at some time in the distant past. There is no myth or story (That I know of), of it having been stolen or destroyed. It is not mentioned by Herodotus (which more suggests that it was there). In fact historians as far back as the time of Christ described it as both 'perfect and topless'.

so thats some text regarding
i found that there is a fine geopolymer used in the construction of the blocks but this is in absence with the last and second to last courses indicating that it was either intended to end as a platform or was incomplete, also the casing,
its postulated that the top (substructure) could not be removed without the casing being removed first therefore a complete casing in antiquity indicates... refer above. was discussing related (geopolymer)in the russian engineer thread

interesting proposition, no?

edit on 9-6-2016 by username74 because: raaah

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

urgh yeah just looked . never mind, only a geographical reference. harran, in anatolia, visiting giza.
do i get a pass ?

Heh. But of course. If you knew how often I'd put my own foot in my mouth over the years...

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join