It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in a tribe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm just curious so I thought I'd ask...

First off, are there still people that live like the native americans used to live? Hunting and gathering and the sorts... I figure there's tribes and what not in the Amazon rain forest, but is that the only place?

Secondly, could one hypothetically live with one of these groups of people? Just pack up your bags and buy a one way plane ticket to the destination and bam. Or do they not let outsiders in?

Thanks for any input!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There are still Indigenous peoples all around the world.

Alot of 'tribe' like societies still exist in parts of Africa, the Amazon (Brazil, Peru) Asia, and all over the world.

A few for example,

Ami - Asia
Oromo - Africa
Tutsi - Africa
Namaqua - Africa
Bushmen - Africa
Dayak - Asia
Atayal - Asia
Bunun - Asia
Afar - Africa
Kickapoo - N.America
Cocopah - N.America
Itza - C.America

[edit on 9-1-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well, this news piece is from 2005, so its not "current," but not that long ago either.

Although, if you wanted to "join" these people you might get the same treatment.

Also, remember: It's all fun and games until somebody needs a dentist.

Tribe shoots arrows at aid flight

An Indian helicopter dropping food and water over the remote Andaman and Nicobar Islands has been attacked by tribesmen using bows and arrows.

There were fears that the endangered tribal groups had been wiped out when massive waves struck their islands.

But the authorities say the attack is a sign that they have survived.

...The Andaman and Nicobar archipelago is home to several tribes, some extremely isolated.

More at source:
news.bbc.co.uk...

join