It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ring of Fire is going nuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
About ten minutes or so ago, my family and I felt a really good earthquake. I just heard on the news it was down in Northern California, about 100 miles from where I liver here in Grants Pass, OR. And then I learned that San Francisco had a 4.2 earthquake at 10 am two days ago, and that Taiwan had an 6.4 earthquake as well a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to look for all the links right now. I am posting this for those members who live in Portland, OR. and Seattle, WA. We could all be in for a bumpy ride. Will edit this post with all the links here in a few minutes.

Update: CNN has a link

There have been three aftershocks reported, we haven't felt any of them, but boy did we feel the first one.

Below is more links to the Ring of Fire and all the noise it has been making over the last few weeks.

San Francisco EarthQuake 1/7/10

Soloman Island 1/5/10

Malawi 12/20/09

Taiwan 12/19/09

For WorldWide Reports go to this link RSOE EDIS supplied by ATS member apacheman

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 9-1-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

Wow you felt it in grants pass? I'm in vancouver WA and hoepfully its all done

We did have a 1 off the coast earlier today though and like you pointed out, the whole area has been going off a lil bit.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It light of all these earthquakes, and because this is a conspiracy website... Has anyone else found all the shows on the History, Learning, Science, Discovery etc. channels are pretty dang odd lately? You can't turn on one of those channels without them trying to push off either worldwide destruction, or how to survive afterward. Do they know something they aren't telling us? Now I realize all the hype around 2012 could account for some of that, but I don't remember this kind of nonsense happening in 1999. Just because of all these shows, 2012 is already a heck of a lot different then Y2K. And now the Ring of Fire is walking/wakening... Could there truly be something to all this stuff? I just found out that British Columbia had a recent earthquake as well... What do you people think?

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

My wife was saying the same thing about the shows on the history channel and then we learned it was apocalypse week. I think they just realize its cheap programming and gets good views.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Wow you felt it in grants pass? I'm in vancouver WA and hoepfully its all done

We did have a 1 off the coast earlier today though and like you pointed out, the whole area has been going off a lil bit.

Yeah we were all sitting down watching a movie, and it started. My wife was like, do you feel that, and I was like... Its an earthquake and it aint close. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, so I have a rude understanding of earthquakes. Lived there for the North Ridge Earthquake, that one was awesome. This earthquake felt really similar to that one, it was a hard side to side motion instead of the others I've felt as well. The others were like waves, small rolling waves, but this one felt like 15 seconds of hard, left, right, left, right! Only small reports of damage coming out of that area at the moment. However I'm pretty sure tsunami warning are already in effect because of its location to the Coast. No official word on that however.

--Charles Marcello

link   
I live in Vancouver B.C. and we're overdue for an extremely large earthquake that's been building up for about 300 years. Plus, I live in a high-rise building.

link   
Another 3.6 just went off near ferndale. That makes three in the last 16 minutes or so, four in the last 20-25 minutes.

Good link for up-to-the minute event reports:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

My wife was saying the same thing about the shows on the history channel and then we learned it was apocalypse week. I think they just realize its cheap programming and gets good views.

I realize that as well, but I'm not talking about a week, even though your wife makes a great point, I'm talking about two full years of this nonsense. Its kinda out of control now. I mean I enjoy watching them because they make for interesting conversations, but in light of all the stuff going on across the world, it makes me go... hmmmm!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just so you don't miss each other

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Magnitude 6.5 - Offshore Northern California

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

well in 1999 wasnt it more about getting your canned food and telling people that you wont have a computer any more? whereas the 2012 fanatics are crying for every damn disaster to happen, personally i think they put those shows on because in light of all the disaster movies alot more people are looking at natural disasters and feeling more fragile, but wanting to know more. Once you start researching eq's, volcanoes, tornadoes etc, it opens up a whole new world, i know i'm fascinated by it. Probably just Discovery and NG trying to cash in.

On topic on the EQ's - i wonder if the big one today was it for Cali, or if we might see something more, Alysha-Angel in the prediction thread did say to look out for a bigger one after the 4.1 SF quake just a couple days ago, i'm going to stalk that thread now too!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It looks like there is a chance that a 6.2 happened inland also around the same time. If so that then would be bad IMO because this would be foreshocks instead.

RSOE EDIS

Prepared Citizens - Prepared Communities
About
Preliminary Earthquake Report
Notice! This is a computer-generated report - this event has not reviewed by a seismologist!
EDIS Number: EQ-20100110-165045-US Common Alerting Protocol
Magnitude: 6.2
Mercalli scale: 7
Date-Time [UTC]: 10 January, 2010 at 00:27:43 UTC
Local Date/Time: Sunday, January 10, 2010 at 00:27 at night at epicenter
Depth: 12 km (7.46 miles)
Region: North America
Distances: 10.17 km (6.32 miles) of Blue Lake, California

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I just saw what you are talking about, that can't be good at all. The time stamps seem to be around the same time. Wow, this could be one interesting weekend/week.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It looks like there is a chance that a 6.2 happened inland also around the same time. If so that then would be bad IMO because this would be foreshocks instead.

RSOE EDIS

Prepared Citizens - Prepared Communities
About
Preliminary Earthquake Report
Notice! This is a computer-generated report - this event has not reviewed by a seismologist!
EDIS Number: EQ-20100110-165045-US Common Alerting Protocol
Magnitude: 6.2
Mercalli scale: 7
Date-Time [UTC]: 10 January, 2010 at 00:27:43 UTC
Local Date/Time: Sunday, January 10, 2010 at 00:27 at night at epicenter
Depth: 12 km (7.46 miles)
Region: North America
Distances: 10.17 km (6.32 miles) of Blue Lake, California

ya my inner red light is blinking big time tis just thw begining

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i think a Great thread always needs a great tune.

Snf

[edit on 9-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well lets just hope the flames don't get higher and that we all don't burn, burn burn, because of the Ring of Fire... Good call though... that was funny!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Well lets just hope the flames don't get higher and that we all don't burn, burn burn, because of the Ring of Fire... Good call though... that was funny!

I thought twice about it and decided it fit to well for an agreement about
what? " The Ring of Fire".

new topics

top topics

join