It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Questions???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

“The worst lies are the lies we tell ourselves. We live in denial of what we do, even what we think. We do this because we're afraid."

“The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie”

“A half-truth is the most cowardly of lies”

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Great find, I had seen a few other videos similar to this one showing buildings from around the world, some burning for 10, 15, even 24 hours. They were all severely damaged but not in a pile of junk called "ground zero".

S/F. Good find! Keep up the good work!

Peace!

Magnum

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Most of America is stupid to put it simply.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777

Can you elaborate and maybe justify your claim? It's pretty easy to make a statement, which is not only inflammatory but also insulting, and not back it up...

I'd love to hear how you came to that "conclusion" after watching the OP's video...

Magnum

[edit on 10/1/9 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
thanks for the video.

building 7 to me proves that the OS is not 100% correct. I can barely swallow that 2 sky scrapers fell after that short of time, but not that a relatively normal office building fell because of a fire that started as if by magic.

again, thanks the comparison really helps. i'm going to post this in a few places.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yes i have some questions...What do sheep count when they can't get to sleep? Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "asteroids"? How much milk is there in the Milky Way?

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Gloster]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

Can you elaborate and maybe justify your claim? It's pretty easy to make a statement, which is not only inflammatory but also insulting, and not back it up...

I'd love to hear how you came to that "conclusion" after watching the OP's video...

Magnum

Also western monotheistic religion that make up the majority of America can't think for themselves, and are society conformist that have no potential of waking up.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

OT:
And you use a one liner, with an insult as a responce? Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black is there? Please.....think about it if you can.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

har har Americans are dumb. *rebel rebel non Americans represent*

We got our dummies like every place. Let's move past this petty bickering...sound good? We don't do anything any good making fun of each other with a broad statement that can be applied to any society.

At least be more original...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have a question. If the government did do it, why did they do it?

2ndline

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Where are you from?

2ndline

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

the easy answer is to foster a war in the middle east. gain support the same old same old.

i HOPE if they did do it it was for something more. but who knows (not us)

but by this point, I can't tell heads from tails who was directly involved. I don't believe it was the government as a whole...we would know the truth by now. i really think it was a rogue group of people at the top.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

And you use a one liner, with an insult as a responce? Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black is there? Please.....think about it if you can.

Forgive me for not overly expressing how dumb this country is. Should I dress the truth and fit it into your liking?

Where are you from?

America.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Would you consider yourself to be one of these stupid people?

2ndline

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Also western monotheistic religion that make up the majority of America can't think for themselves, and are society conformist that have no potential of waking up.

You do realize that the video you posted shows at most 20 people. If they interviewed a 1000 people and showed only 20, then that's prety unrealistic to show that a population is stupid, based on answers from 20 selected individuals.

I'd agree to a degree that there is more misinformation going on in the United States than other places in the world, but this doesn't make anyone stupid. It's just that their media and schools are more extensively controlled than other countries.

When people make statements like that, it is an insult to the rest of humanity as well, not only to Americans. And I am not talking about being politically correct or anything, it's just that you can't prove that an entire nation is stupid by showing a video of 20 people giving answers.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
GrandKitaro777,

I asked for a justification in using the word "stupid" to describe Americans based on the original OP's video, keeping the discussion on topic. Once again, what part of the video made you come to the conclusion that the American people are stupid?

Magnum

P.S. Your video, although very entertaining, has no value in proving your point. At least on this thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Don't know if you have seen this. A doc.from a show form my home here in Canada. I thought it was pretty good.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You do realize that the video you posted shows at most 20 people. If they interviewed a 1000 people and showed only 20, then that's prety unrealistic to show that a population is stupid, based on answers from 20 selected individuals.

The video is an oversimplified example of America's current state. Hypothetically, if I asked 300 million American people those questions, most Americans would fail considering such low IQ rates and the lack of ability to critical think. I can admit I was possibly going off the deep end when I referred America as stupid, but some things can't help when debating Americans with mainstream religious, political and societal categories, in which they failed to critically think or think logically.

Additionally, other countries share my views.

I'd agree to a degree that there is more misinformation going on in the United States than other places in the world, but this doesn't make anyone stupid. It's just that their media and schools are more extensively controlled than other countries.

How about ignorant.

When people make statements like that, it is an insult to the rest of humanity as well, not only to Americans. And I am not talking about being politically correct or anything, it's just that you can't prove that an entire nation is stupid by showing a video of 20 people giving answers.

As I said before this is an oversimplified example.

Major countries share my views.

Would you consider yourself to be one of these stupid people?

No, I'm ignorant, but everyone is ignorant to a degree.

I asked for a justification in using the word "stupid" to describe Americans based on the original OP's video, keeping the discussion on topic. Once again, what part of the video made you come to the conclusion that the American people are stupid?

If you're a critical thinker, a building wouldn't cascade in a demolition fashion due to small fires, which should have been a dead give a way of controlled attacks.

Most Americans failed to realize this and continued to live their ignorant lives abiding to their government without ever questioning the society they live in.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Good answer to my question! Can't argue with that, as I share the same opinion as you. It is a shame that people bought into the government's explanation when it's plenty obvious that it's not only an impossible one, but it's like saying the elephant isn't there sitting beside you and eating your peanuts right out of your bowl!!

I can't speak for others, but I just found that one line condescending and rude. And yes, we are all ignorant, possibly on a sliding scale, but Americans are not ALL stupid... Think of it, some of them are the masterminds behind many of the conspiracies we discuss of here on ATS; including the ones about demolished towers...

Enjoyed the debate. See you on the next thread?

Magnum

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Can't believe someone finally made a great comparison like this.
I do have one question.
How could there be any questions?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join