It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On CBS news, Taliban 'America paid us to kill CIA'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I had my television on mute and I was watching the CBS news tonight and I saw on the television these 2 Taliban members say, 'We were paid by the Jordanian and American governments for our services'. I looked at my mom and she was stunned at seeing that. Did anyone else see this? Did I somehow misunderstand because why would the MSM put this on the news.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow. I hope a clip of that comes up.

If it's true, I'm sure the clip will pop up on prisonplanet or infowars.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yep, we're witnessing a 'behind the scenes' war between the CIA and OB administration.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I had my television on mute and I was watching the CBS news tonight and I saw on the television these 2 Taliban members say, 'We were paid by the Jordanian and American governments for our services'.

You had your Tele on mute and saw 2 taliban members say all that? Your family must be pros at lip reading!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm trying to find it online so I can post a clip of it, I will keep searching. I just hope I didn't see it wrong, this is very important! If you saw tonights CBS news please post what you saw.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

I would assume that the OP meant that closed caption was on since most new tv's have that as an auto feature once the volume is turned off. Not sure though if that is what was meant.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

They didn't speak English, they spoke whatever the Taliban speaks so they had to put it in Close Capitioning so we know what they said.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting if that is what they said.

That would be a quick way to put the US on the defensive.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'll bet they were referring to being paid as mercenaries in other conflicts throughout the 80's and 90's.
Or
Since the suicide bomber was in effect a triple agent, they might have been Jordanian nationals working for the cia as well as jordanian authorites, in which case they probably knew the suicide bomber or were recruited in a similiar manner.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by heyo]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Do you think they might be claiming to be double/triple
agents ,something akin to this CBS news story .....

A Jordanian doctor-turned-suicide bomber and triple agent who killed 7 CIA agents and a Jordanian intelligence agent in Afghanistan on December 30, appeared in a video broadcast by a Pakistani TV station on Saturday, meeting with Pakistan's main Taliban leader, and provoking widespread reaction over his ties with militants on both sides of the Pak-Afghan border.

CBS News

'We were paid by the Jordanian and American governments for our services'.

Double agents ..... perhaps.

Edit to add : These individuals may be claiming to be in the employ of the U.S /Jordanian Gov.
[edit on 9-1-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The taliban said it so it must be true?

Of course it's a lie. Another manipulative act to add to the paranoia and distrust we already have. If they don't find one way to rip our country apart, they can find another.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If the Taliban says it.....it must be true!

Just like when the US dropped a bomb on a Taliban hideout, and the Taliban blamed numerous deaths on the US. Even though it was found out later that the so-called bomb victims had bullet holes in their heads.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Here's this evening's CBS news with the clip you are discussing.

CBS EVENING NEWS 01-09-2010
www.cbsnews.com...

The Taliban bomber taped this (allegedly) before he blew himself up, taking 9 CIA personnel with him. He was the "spy" they were supposed to meet.
Quote from the clip; "The Jordanian and American intelligence services offered me millions of dollars."
Presumably to spy on fellow Talibans.

-edit- Ahh, beat me to it. Cheers!

[edit on 1/9/2010 by LatentElement]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

*Sigh* Doesn't anyone realise that the CIA were employing these as double agents and so were paid by the CIA for their spying on Taliban leaders. So of course they were paid, or going to be paid by the US until the world found out they were triple agents still working for the Taliban. So, ironically the US did pay them and the triple agents did kill the CIA agents, but the US didn't pay them intending this to be the result.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Aha! This sounds like a more viable scenario.
We do pay spies, of course we do.

top topics

join