It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assuming Steven Greer is right

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just watched the latest video from Steven Greer and I just can't figure out how alien disclosure is going to make everything alright.
He talks about a 'wonderful' future for mankind; but how?
Will disclosure mean an end to war? Will it stop terrorist attacks? Will it stop gang warfare?
Every day we hear about murders, stabbings, rapes, drug related crimes etc.
So in some ways I can see disclosure changing the world, but how will it change the people; the low lives who make others lives a misery.
Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashflash
I just watched the latest video from Steven Greer and I just can't figure out how alien disclosure is going to make everything alright.
He talks about a 'wonderful' future for mankind; but how? (...)
Any thoughts?

How? Because it's a fantasy. It makes perfect sense in his mind, and in the minds of his followers. The 72 virgins make perfect sense to the Islamic extremists too.

When people blindly believe something, they don't think anything else through nor do they want to. It would ruin the fantasy.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If they're coming here to party we're in trouble, but if they would appear and phew us it might have some serious implications.
But it's not gonna happen that way.

First there will be a war in the sky.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
From the far north will come the third Sargon
it will come unexpectedly
Poisoned live in the earthly world will be shattered completely with one stroke
and his power will be invincible.

He will not ask
He will know everything.

A flock Upright will be among him
The Third Sargon will give them the light
and they will light up the world.

If the third Sargon will have come
and the battles will have been beaten
His sword
victoriously against multiple majority.

then he, the avenger of his thunder on the world circuit with fiery chariot,
firing Thunderbolts against the forces of darkness,
until they are completely destroyed.

And the hour of the light will return home on the earth world.

Lonely are the brave and the righteous.
But with them is the Deity.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

It takes a moderate amount of research to begin to understand what benefit would be derived from disclosure. As such your concerns are valid and logical. To better understand Dr. Greer, please review the Jan. 2009 letter to Obama and or the other Stephen Greer information at the following web site. I am certain many of your questions will be answered by just reading the lengthy letter to Obama which explains the benefits to disclosure. After reading the letter of disclosure sent to Obama, I am certain you will better understand some of the many areas that would change society around the globe if and when disclosure takes place. Enjoy the article and bookmark the website for future reference and research.

www.disclosureproject.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Hi Converge.
Maybe your right about it being Greer's fantasy, but then again...
So really I just wondered how an E.T presence could change the mindset of some of the nasties that walk this earth.
As a matter of interest, what's your take on U.F.Os?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Thank you Max.
I will read the letter and appreciate your advise/

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hi Converge.
Maybe your right about it being Greer's fantasy, but then again...

Well let's keep in perspective that there's a difference between accepting there's a possibility of something being true, or real, and giving that possibility the same weight as a proven fact and all previously held knowledge.

We should all have an open mind and accept that we don't know everything, but we can't just throw out the burden of proof and standards of evidence because we're dealing with a subject that fascinates most of us.

Greer, along with others, has made many many claims and has provided little or no evidence to back them up, or just to be examined by third parties. Until someone supplies the evidence that can hold up to the standards, in this case of scientific inquiry, taking the stand that possibilities have the same weight as verified facts would be fallacious.

As a matter of interest, what's your take on U.F.Os?

My take on UFOs is that the phenomenon deserves serious scientific investigation, which has never truly received, or if it has, the results have never been shared with the public.

As a matter of opinion I believe there is something more to UFOs than hoaxes, misidentifications, unknown natural phenomena and secret projects, but that is just my opinion and I don't have any proof.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He talks about a 'wonderful' future for mankind; but how?

Unfortunately this is not explained at great length and much has to be put together using personal interpretation but to give the man the benefit of the doubt I would think there may be a series of mechanisms at work here that could make such a thing possible.

We know little about the visitors except what we read that is itself buried beneath a mountain of disinformation and scare mongering because our leaders wish us to remain in the dark and oblivious to the true reality and reason for our existence.

Originally posted by ashflashWill disclosure mean an end to war? Will it stop terrorist attacks? Will it stop gang warfare?

If disclosure came and the visitors told us that we all take responsibility for our actions at some point in our life either in life or after death would we listen or would we continue to wage war and inflict ourselves upon our neighbour in negative terms?

I do not think that disclosure will be that we are just enlightened in technological terms but that we will also be enlightened in spiritual terms which in my opinion are much more important than having some high tech alien gadget in my lounge.

Every day we hear about murders, stabbings, rapes, drug related crimes etc.

Indeed and we never hear about what happens to those who take life and inflict their negative energies onto others. Yes we hear of them being incarcerated or executed but we never hear of what their real punishment is in the context of the natural order of the universe. I am reaching and I am a godless being but I do believe in a form of karma that you pay for what you do because I seem to have had experience of it which is why I am not what I once was.

So in some ways I can see disclosure changing the world, but how will it change the people; the low lives who make others lives a misery.

The “low lives” will change when they realise that in the end they must atone for the life they lived and realise that they learned nothing but how to harm others.

If the world of war doers and war planners and criminal masterminds could see that what they were doing was really just setting them up for a mother of all falls and the visitors could explain and possibly demonstrate this in indisputable ways when they arrive then for me it would be easy to see even the blackest of minds suddenly seeing the light and wishing to do nothing more than to change their ways.

When life ends the last thing the dying wants is to know that they may be judged by a universe they thought did not see them, did not hear them and did not take notes when they took a life or crushed a dream.

The only hope they could wish for is that there was a god and a heaven and that the things the visitors told the world after disclosure was just the deceits of demons – Those lost to a black life filled with terrible deeds would wish the words of the visitors were just the words of demons here to deceive mankind because otherwiuse it would make for a terrifying truth would it not?

A living universe our true magistrate.

Opinion not fact – I do not know anymore than you!

Any thoughts?

Yes sir and I sometimes it feels like too much

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Don't assume anything is right about Stephen Greer. Among UFO researchers there is very little consensus...they bicker and dispute each other. There's a pecking order. On one thing they agree and that's that Greer is a dodgy guy. He's all about the $$$$ and he's making plenty. X-Cons generated a fortune and the whole Disclosure Project has presented us with what?! Anything new? Nothing at all.

If there's any truth that you are what you eat...Greer must eat a lot of horse's asses

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

There are plenty of videos on You Tube, which don't support this wonderful future for mankind. The aliens are genetically modifying humanity. They are trying to make us more docile and obedient. Maybe Mr Greer has a mind implant chip, put inside his brain by the grays?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What really sucks is even discussing the fool Greer. Discussing the potential "benefits from disclosure" could be done without bring that charlatan into it, however I understand how his followers are instructed and/or compelled to port stuff about him whenever/wherever they can, this being no reception.

disclosure (even though there is no and will be no such thing) would only benefit us through a massive technology transfer if the aliens were significantly advanced enough. Pretty simple to understand. I don't bother to consider the ignorant argument that they might end up being hostile, or just plain stingy jerks as that makes no sense at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I bumped this, because I didn't see a reason for a new thread..

Is the guy a total fraud? How about all the interviews with all the ex-airforce/ex-military people? I remember the excitement and anticipation when I watched the disclosure conference videos.

Like most "ufologists" I think he jumps to conclusions, but how about the interviews etc. ?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
FWIW, I have Greer's latest CSETI DVD, and there is actually some interesting stuff on it. More so than "moths and insects" anyway

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
My take on UFOs is that the phenomenon deserves serious scientific investigation, which has never truly received, or if it has, the results have never been shared with the public.

As a matter of opinion I believe there is something more to UFOs than hoaxes, misidentifications, unknown natural phenomena and secret projects, but that is just my opinion and I don't have any proof.

Converge -very well said.

The Disclosure Project did produce some pretty fascinating interviews and collated some very interesting incidents and documents but you're right about nobody having any proof.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

you're right about nobody having any proof.

So are you saying that they all made it up? Or that they're all crazy?

I find that very hard to believe. Doesn't seem to me that they would get any money out of it anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Any thoughts?

There are two schools of thought here. In one scenario, the aliens are wonderful and highly spiritually advanced brothers from the stars, here to cure all disease, show us how to tune up our vibes, and take us for rides to the ice cream store at the end of the universe. Yay!

In the other scenario, these alien creatures, evolved in an extremely competitive global then interstellar natural environment, and are highly-intelligent super predators like human beings are on Earth. They enslave us, turn us into cattle, or just kill us for sport. Boo!

The thing is, either way, humanity is essentially going to lose control of its own destiny, just like any other less developed culture or civilization does when it encounters a vastly superior one. Of course, it's not like humanity had a lot of control over its own destiny anyway, but at least we weren't being told what to do. Stop worshiping your foolish gods. Stop breeding at will. Stop trying to get out of that cooking pot. Etc.

Personally, I think that a face-to-face encounter with aliens right now would be a disaster to the point of tearing world society apart. Enough people would go nuts to cause some real problems.

Maybe, perhaps, our only hope might be to discover an alien radio signal from someplace at least 250,000 light years away. Far enough away so they can be interesting without being an immediate possible threat. We can study their transmissions, maybe decode them, and over the course of 100 years or so get used to the idea that these things are really out there. Maybe even catch up with them technologically a little bit. Then maybe we can get some face time with them and not have the world freaking out and going completely insane. I don't know.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Originally posted by karl 12

you're right about nobody having any proof.

So are you saying that they all made it up? Or that they're all crazy?

I'm saying nobody has any 'proof' about the true nature of the UFO subject - do you disagree?

As for the government documents collated by the DP - cases such as the Bethune incident, the 1975 SAC flyovers, the Cannon AFB UFO incident, the Fort Richie UFO incident, the Tehran incident etc.. are very interesting indeed - as are many of the interviews.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Let me make this clear, there is no bright future for mankind unless we figure out a NON asshole way of controlling the population. A human being's life here on Earth will come best when we can accept spiritual and astral connections. We as human beings are always going to be kept in the dark until the day comes where we are able to grow our own natural proven to work medicines and reduce our 9 to 5's and increase our pay.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

what people are only beginning to understand is that the things that we see in this world on a collective level (such as war, hunger, etc...) is a reflection of what is going on within each and every single one of us. as we change, one by one.. the things that we see as our collective world will change as well.

the energy of the planet is changing. and this is pushing us to change "what is going on inside of us". as we change what is going on inside of us, the world will reflect that back to us on a collective level.

Greg Braden talks about this a little bit in this video. he talks about this very thing specifically. it is absolutely fascinating and changes everything about the way that you look at the world.. if you are open to it. but this is all related to 2012, what the mayans predicted, the Age of Aquarius, Disclosure, etc.. It is all very much connected.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join