It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on dealing with a devious business patrner who is a mason

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In Short;
Helped my father and his friend set up a business.

His friend semmed a salt of the earth guy.

His devious ambitous side only came out when my family had some personal crisis.

I was asked to become a mason by another friend whose father has trangressed the 3rd degree in some amount.

I foolishly introduced them before his true nature became clear.

This other friend was taken in as well, and he allowed him to join his lodge.

Each day is a daily battle to maintain my fathers position, as his new lodge compardres seem to give him advice on how to oust my father to satisfy his own ends.

As my friend reccommended him and he is now duty bound to protect him does any one have any advice?

As the masonic code seems to contradict its self in this type of situation.
I have other avenues to turn to to rectify this issue but am reluctant as it would turn society against society and I do no wish to lose my original friend

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How you explained any Masonic influence in the situation confused me a little.

Try getting or giving your father better advice than his adversary is getting from wherever. Stick to the business and forget the "society against society" concerns. All in all even the business may not be worth the level of concern it is causing you.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Save your breath MA, here is mage's intro:

I stumbled across this board and found it entertaining and in some noteable instances very informative.

I am a student of the occult and arcane, from the ancient to the modern.
Although I describe myself as such, I am also a scientist, so I really should say that I am always in search of knowledge both old and new.

However one persons knowledge is one persons derranged fantasy, LOL.

I looking forward to lively debate and a good laugh on this board.

Mage

I believe we have a troll in our midst

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The society I speak of is not masonic I did not make that clear.

I had to turn down my friends offer due to this as it clashed, and I am a man of integrity.

My fathers business partner is not interested in the history or ritual of the masons but mereley wishes to further his own social standing and position.

He is not conventially inteligent but has an uncanny ability to make up for this carefully picking "friends".

My father has sacrified all he has to be in the position he is in.

I pushed him into this as I could see his potential and wished him to realise it as any good son would.

He is however a trusting sole who cannot understand how a partner can treat another in this manner

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
On the off chance that you are not a Troll, "mage," I tell you this:

If you feel that a Mason has dealt unfairly with you in a business situation, report it to the secretary of his Lodge. Provided that you actually have proof of the misdeed, the Lodge or the Grand Lodge may censure, suspend, or even expell the Mason who behaved badly. This is in our constitutions, just as the fact that and Mason who has been convicted of a crime may be censured, suspended, or banned. Simple. Easy. Hope that helps.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mage
My fathers business partner is not interested in the history or ritual of the masons but mereley wishes to further his own social standing and position.

A common fallacy amongst the masses, Freemasonry is not a "Get Out of Jail Free Card" nor does it extend any monetary benefit to it's members. The Candidate for Light is constantly admonished of these facts and any hint of expectation of such would lead to the Blackballing of a prospective member and the harshest of sanctions of one that had gained membership.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am not a troll, nor am I a fool.

I am trying to find advice on how best to deal with this situation.
To protect my fathers interests and to maintain my friendship with my friend and cause him the least amount of embarassment as he nominated the devious party.

My other interests will become apparent on other posts to this board and I hope they will prove interesting.

I am not here to discredit or take the mickey out of any one.

As I said I am a man of integrity, who wishes advice as my personal situation is complex.

Thank you

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, if you're no troll and no fool, please once again look at my earlier post, which described what you should do.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
In that case mage, simply follow AK's advice, that is the accepted protocol for dealing with such an issue in any Jurisdiction. A Mason who has transgressed in such a manner will not be a Mason for long... If that is the case.

p.s. Thanks for the opportunity for demonstrating that Freemasonry is NOT about protecting it's members at all cost.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't know about you all, BUT if my father had problems with a business partner, I don't think I'd go to a conspiraccy forum for advice. Esp. if I was an educated man, a scientist.
Something doesn't make sense here.

Now, I might try an attorney *gasp* *shudder*, but not cyber-advice, Masonic or not

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
DTOM, I am truly humbled, in the midst of our ranting the voice of reason rings true. Get a lawyer mage.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was once a lawyer / mage while playing D&D... didn't work out too well...

I was leveling up so much slower than everyone else that by the time i could catch Magic Missle and Jury Reselection, all the regular fighters were lopping the heads of kobolds faster than I could count.

Then I was slain by an elf

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A timely death methinks, AK, I never pictured you as one to don the shroud of an evil character.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, as many have said... Go with AK advice. Actually, if you are having a problem with a fellow Mason, I would suggest you both take it offline and talk about it directly.
You SHOULD NOT attend lodge together with a brother if there are problems.

My first advice... Masonry is not for the purpose of increasing ones socal or economic standing. That is the worst way to join and I know that I had to take an oath on this. The rituals taught teach very good lessons to follow in ones life.

Second... We are all human, and tey are all adults, if your father has a problem with the man, then talk with him. If the problem of business is interfereing with the harmony of the lodge, and they can not settle it, then talk with the Secretary or Grand Master...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
DTOM, I am truly humbled, in the midst of our ranting the voice of reason rings true. Get a lawyer mage.

Well, calling an attorney is kind of a rant, too.
And, perhaps, following AK's advice is the best.

Perhaps the Masons here should be honored that one joined to ask them a question about a Masonic issue.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
JCM, I see you've returned from your quest, have you traveled far, and have you found that which you sought? Just the usual enemy at the gates deal around here, nothing a couple old lizards like AK and I can't handle. May the wind always be at your back, and someone else's purse at your bar tab.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
JCM, I see you've returned from your quest, have you traveled far, and have you found that which you sought? Just the usual enemy at the gates deal around here, nothing a couple old lizards like AK and I can't handle. May the wind always be at your back, and someone else's purse at your bar tab.

The quest is never ending, but the ancient crypts for our return are almost prepared...
But, I will prevail! ha ha... What can I say about the bar tab..Nerver Ending . hmm well, it is about the same as the quest.

But, I hope to ba back more... Can`t let you both get too much credibility!! ha ha

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mage
As my friend reccommended him and he is now duty bound to protect him does any one have any advice?

No. He is not duty bound. Business is business - it is not masonry and has no place in masonry. If they have bought business into masonry, then do what AK said. A letter to the lodge secretary should suffice.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
im surprised non of the masons brought up 2b1ask1 for the thousandth time in response to this guys thread.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, thank y ou for doing it FOR us.

Since his question seemed to revolve around a challenge or perceived challenge with Masons, does it not seem... inappropriate to you to so slam us for NOT telling people about joining?

Folk opposed to Masonry, for whatever perceived reason criticize us for telling people about the fraternity, then criticize us for NOT telling people about joining the fraternity... I find it passing strange that you could not give us simple credit for trying to focus on this man's question...

are you so filled with hate you cannot see that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join