It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear wavy substance boiling sink water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Im probably jkust an idiot, but when i boil sink water there is a clear substance moving around, looks like heat waves on a hit street.

I know it is probably just basic science and the water is heating up or something but i wanted to mke sure its not some chemical in the water?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am not the guy who can answer your question, but there are alot of chemicals in our tap water. Look it up, you will be amazed. The craziest one for me is the flouride. Has no reason to be there, cannot be removed, and is known to "dumb down" the mind. Thank you for your wondering, that's what ATS is all about.

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
could you explain further what you see, would be useful in eliminating some things, good post though, i look forward to more information.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I believe it is air bubbles, it normally dissapates after a short while.
But also you could be in a hard water area and it may be chalk and othe natural minerals and salts.

Possibly.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
its really hard to explain but it is clear swirly substance, not during boiling obviously the bubbles would get in the way but as the water heats up, this clear substance, is swirling upwards towards the surface

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
well if its swirling upwards towards the surface then its a substance with less density than water, its certainly very strange, what area are you in if you dont mind me asking?

link   
If it leaves a white residue its chalk, i had to get used to it when i moved to Europe. Its safe to drink but you may want to filter the water before using it in kettles and buy special detergants for laundry and the dishwasher.

link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
its really hard to explain but it is clear swirly substance, not during boiling obviously the bubbles would get in the way but as the water heats up, this clear substance, is swirling upwards towards the surface

Any chance of a quick picture of it? Just so we know EXACTLY what it looks like and it may make it easier for people to find out exactly what it could be.

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
yeah, a pic would give us more to work from, i am really interested in this, its got me thinking.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here is a link on Hard water in the UK.

www.dwi.gov.uk...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Talking about steam. When you boil water it becomes steam and then becomes part of the air. Its because of the change in temperature. When you breathe out on a cold day you see your breath... same principle.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
And one for the US aswell.
water.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not to be too obvious, but since it is before boiling, is it possible that what you are seeing is the warmer water (bottom of pan) "rolling" upwards through the cooler water toward the top of the pan?
Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

this white residue I see at work at the water fountains, not far from where i live. Thankfully this does not happen at home one town over, nor at my grandmothers house in the same town as work. I have always avoided drinking from there.. thanks for the info.

reply to post by Oaktree

That was my original thought, Tomorrow ill bring home a few different types of bottled water to see if it does the same thing.

reply to post by la2

I live in suffolk county long island

\\I will post a picture tomorrow night, im not home until then, but even so I only have my iphone so you probably wont be able to see it. Ill try though.
The problem is, to even see it , you must look at it with the right lighting, at the right angle

[edit on 9-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

[edit on 9-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I see this to, i always thought it was just the difference between the hot and cooler water, it looks kind of like the heat you see coming of the road in the summer, but swirling in the pan, Is that the same thing you are talking about?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

I am so glad I live in BC now..... from Arizona with probably the worst water on the planet, to BC with CRYSTAL clear mountain well water ... I love it!!!

new topics

top topics

join