It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims, Christians set homes ablaze in Egypt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Thank you very much Speakeroftruth. I appreciate your post and respect and honor a fellow brother/sister of spirituality.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Well, so-called "Christians" had better start casting something.

Why?? Why even bother??? You only take the piss anyway... Note the lack of bombs going off about that.. Draw as many pics as you like.. Who cares?? The homeless can look after themselves.. Screw em.. I will be soo happy in my centrally heated house.. Just like barbados... The rum tooo.. If its cold soo what??? Just put the tv on and screw everyone else... BUT THAT AINT US... Thats you.... We go out in this weather and clothe the naked.. Feed the poor.. You just keep slagging us off and being a nothing on this website... Us christians are soo bad huh?? Its nearlly 9 am and i havent had any sleep argueing with wastes of space... LOL.. Im off to do some good.. Enjoy your rest..... YUK........

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Once again we have man doing something in the name of 'God'.

Man wants to control and man will use whatever means he can to achieve that.

If that is in the name of God then they'll do it. If it's drawing people into believing there is no God, then they'll do it... If its in the name of politics, they'll do it...if its for money, they'll do it.... if its for oil, they'll do it....

It's man that's the problem - not God. My God cares, loves and forgives*. Man can twist it all they like and 'do things in the name of God', but it does not make it an act of God.

I could go out and spray paint my town blue and say that I done it in the name of the conservatives... does not mean I have really done it in their name. Or red, for labour? It would be my choice but I could claim to do it for a political party even though it's not.

* I realise many people will come back and say what about all the death, poverty etc. etc. in the World - how can God allow that? My answer is simple - I don't know, I don't understand but I still have faith and will understand one day.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion
I realise many people will come back and say what about all the death, poverty etc. etc. in the World - how can God allow that? My answer is simple - I don't know, I don't understand but I still have faith and will understand one day.

Many others have had the same answer as you, then they died.. still not knowing or understading one day.

I'm talking about a 100% failure rate!

What do you get from your faith? Inner peace?
You could get that same inner peace from worshipping your foot.

As a people if we fully understood the complexities of the human brain I swear we would be worshipping brains.

We not just believe in individualism?
That would not only make you happier, and you would not taking a 3yr career break in "finding yourself", it would probably wipe out racism as we know it, and we'd have a much better society.

A wise man once said something like this: "I used to pray for years, then one day while praying on my kneeds I realized that I was only praying to myself".

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know, both of these religions fear the coming one world dictator. The Christians call him the "anti-Christ" and the Muslims call him the Dajjal. Yet, they never stop to realize that all religious conflicts do is fuel his rage. He is out there somewhere, watching,listening, and his disdain and rage grows by the day.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

Yes i am watching,listening,but i am not as ragefull as people would have you believe. Things will change.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

Why?? Why even bother??? You only take the piss anyway... Note the lack of bombs going off about that.. Draw as many pics as you like.. Who cares?? The homeless can look after themselves.. Screw em.. I will be soo happy in my centrally heated house.. Just like barbados... The rum tooo.. If its cold soo what??? Just put the tv on and screw everyone else... BUT THAT AINT US... Thats you.... We go out in this weather and clothe the naked.. Feed the poor.. You just keep slagging us off and being a nothing on this website... Us christians are soo bad huh?? Its nearlly 9 am and i havent had any sleep argueing with wastes of space... LOL.. Im off to do some good.. Enjoy your rest..... YUK........

Yeah, well, you think you're bitter...What do you have to be bitter about? Christians and Muslims have been catered to for the last 1700 years and that period is beginning to draw to a close. Muslims have been treated with the utmost respect for the last 1300 years, until thinkers recognized them for the epitome of evil that they are. You want to be bitter?

Heh, there are very few groups that have something to be bitter about, and neither Christian nor Muslims fall into that category. Muslims surely do not.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Very true. People always use God as a crutch for their actions. That's alright. They're gonna be woken up REAL soon.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Again, this sort of post has proven my initial point about the volatility of the majority of Christians. No personal attacks have been made towards them, yet they continue to show aggression as opposed to tolerance.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by Selahobed

But what do I know huh? Just have studied it for years lol...

LOL ok. Well I wouldn't depend on that book too much. It's very biased. Few examples can be given.

The definition should be from a neutral source.

I can understand why some Christians would be uncomfortable with the fact that Muslims are worshipping the same god. They would go as far as to invent stories and definitions. The fact is all three abrahamic religions came from the same source.

Well done. Don't fall for the aggressive baiting tactics that this particular member is using against you. You seem quite educated on the history of these religions which can be frustrating to someone who isn't. Plus, the more aggression that this member shows, the more this member illuminates the holes in their religion.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Wow that is one of the most hateful and unintelligent things i have ever read. Do you honestly think hateful rhetoric like that makes things better? You have essentially lowered yourself down to the same exact level of religious fundementalists. Did you know that there are religious people who are fighting to keep our governments and foreign policies secular? It's true. I am a messianic jew and i believe religion+government = oppression, especially for religious people.

I'm not sure I know what you're speaking of. If elimination of something that has been proven faulty can be considered or misconstrued as hateful, then why do industries and businesses practice it all the time??? If it doesn't work, and is costly to the system as a whole, what would be the intelligence of keeping it??? To me, that's a demonstration of madness and futility.

As a matter of fact, I proposed the peaceful removal of these systems as opposed to the violent alternative...So, where's the hate??? When something obviously doesn't work, it needs to be evaluated and dealt with. Currently we're in two wars as a result of religious intolerance and bad politics. My question to you is this... How much more of this behavior should be rewarded in your opinion, and how much of this nonsense should the rest of the world have to tolerate?

As far as I can tell, Buddhists, Hindus, Satanists, Atheists, and any other "religion" or lack thereof, seems to practice their faith with little or no damage to their surroundings. This isn't the case with Islam or Christianity, and the rest of the world suffers due to their aggression. If you had a playground bully in the schoolyard creating adversity for the other children, what is the usual course of action??? If you answered, "REMOVAL, PUNISHMENT, or REHABILITATION", then you're probably thinking clearly. If you don't act at all, then things tend to escalate in the bully's favor and fights continue to ensue. ONE BAD APPLE CAN RUIN THE WHOLE BATCH.

If you found my post hateful, then I would conclude that you're not thinking with a sound or logical mind. However, I am in no position to JUDGE YOU and I would think that you would come to the same conclusion given some critical thought.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Muslims and Christians set fire to each others' homes

Good to see muslims and christians working together.

That statement was absolutely...beautiful. I wish I could add more, but, I think that it stands alone in its absolute completeness.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

Originally posted by truth_of_truth
reply to post by SuperSlovak

and christians (catholics) any better??? wow these people worship the same god

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! Allah is the moon god from ancient Palestine, the family idol of Mohammed. That idol is not even close to Jehovah, who made the moon. Read your history. The muslims sure do not.

Its all the same thing. And, Jehova had nothing to do with anything. You might want to READ YOUR HISTORY. Yahweh was the Old Testament God and spent much of his time murdering humanity with floods, fire, and playing pranks on his most loyal supporters.

As a matter of fact, do you remember that little joke he played on Abraham and Isaac??? I would have loved to have seen the look on Isaac's face right before Abraham was ready to plunge the knife into his only son. Even better, I would have loved to have seen the look on Isaac's face when Abraham suddenly starts talking into thin air right before the moment of truth.

"Excuse me, what was that again GOD? Oh, really??? Just a test??? Hey Isaac...not a problem, I don't have to murder/sacrifice you now. God was just testing us!!!! Well...that is great news. GREAT NEWS!!!

I'm pretty sure that was the day that Isaac moved out of the home, if he was smart.

All of those religions are derived from the same source which is the reason why they are called ABRAHAMIC RELIGIONS.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You guys are hilarious.

The only thing irritating us is the fact that you guys are so blatantly clueless.

It is truly pointless arguing with y'all. I suppose the Bible was written largely to prevent having these pointless debates. The information is there if you want it.

As well, the information means nothing unless you actually care about God. It is clear that you all do not.

Go ahead... attempt to satisfy your hunger for knowledge. Continue to put down that which engulfs you.

SpeakerofTruth, you here are the one who is most blatantly wrong. You claim to believe in Jesus. You have made yourself responsible.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
You guys are hilarious.

The only thing irritating us is the fact that you guys are so blatantly clueless.

It is truly pointless arguing with y'all. I suppose the Bible was written largely to prevent having these pointless debates. The information is there if you want it.

As well, the information means nothing unless you actually care about God. It is clear that you all do not.

Go ahead... attempt to satisfy your hunger for knowledge. Continue to put down that which engulfs you.

SpeakerofTruth, you here are the one who is most blatantly wrong. You claim to believe in Jesus. You have made yourself responsible.

Responsible for what? Having an opinion??? Just because people do not believe or accept the bible after its multiple revisions does not separate them spiritually from their creator. Since the dawn of time, people have worshiped and loved the almighty Deity without the interference of organized religion.

No one taught Christ how to make his connections, Christ found it all by himself, which adds to the idea that spirituality is a personal experience as opposed to a collective manifestation of rigidity and structure. And, your very bible warns not to make judgments against another because you yourself may be in violation of the laws that only GOD can interpret.

Not only was my last sentence a statement, but, it was also sound advice.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Deaf Alien

Or learn for yourself..... I was an athiest to the extreme until i learnt the language and culture from where the words came.. Trash as much as you like.. I dont have to prove anything to you... Lol... Unless you want me to start talking aramaic until your search engine blows up.... I will too coz im a bitch... Lol....

Ive nothing to prove to you.... learn something without googling... Or arent you capable....??? Thanks for the laughs, google THAT... Lol
Im never going to cast my pearls amongst swine again... lol... Shish kebab.

Has anyone noticed a pattern here? Deaf Alien has made no derogatory comments whatsoever to Selahobed, yet all of Selahobed's comments have been filled with Ad Hom's and aggression. All of this can be checked by simply going back through the comments to see where the silliness began.

To the best of my ability, and I could be wrong, I notice that Deaf Alien has no faith or religion clouding his mind, therefore, no direct attacks have been made. However, Selahobed who identifies herself as Christian, continues to insult and lay out aggressive tactics merely because Deaf Alien does not agree with the dogma that Selahobed is spouting. The other thing I noticed is that she refers to herself as a bitch. That word in itself carries negative connotations that she readily embraces, unless of course, she is claiming to be a female DOG. This post of hers speaks volumes about the inner workings of the mind of a self proclaimed Christian. Need I say more???

And we wonder why Islam and Christianity are at odds with each other.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Really? I support my statements with empirical proof. I don't try to use a book that has been severely tampered with for POLITICAL purposes,by MEN such as yourself, to justify what I am saying. Thank you, come again.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
No one taught Christ how to make his connections, Christ found it all by himself, which adds to the idea that spirituality is a personal experience as opposed to a collective manifestation of rigidity and structure.

Amen, to that!!
Don't expect people like Mr. "Tarzan" to see that. They have neither "eye to see" nor "ear to hear."

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
No one taught Christ how to make his connections, Christ found it all by himself, which adds to the idea that spirituality is a personal experience as opposed to a collective manifestation of rigidity and structure.

Amen, to that!!
Don't expect people like Mr. "Tarzan" to see that. They have neither "eye to see" nor "ear to hear."

I have officially added you as a friend. We spiritualists need to stick together. When things get really rough in this world, it will be us helping to maintain a balance of clear thought and reason for others who will be in a sheer state of panic.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion
I realise many people will come back and say what about all the death, poverty etc. etc. in the World - how can God allow that? My answer is simple - I don't know, I don't understand but I still have faith and will understand one day.

Many others have had the same answer as you, then they died.. still not knowing or understading one day.

I'm talking about a 100% failure rate!

What do you get from your faith? Inner peace?
You could get that same inner peace from worshipping your foot.

As a people if we fully understood the complexities of the human brain I swear we would be worshipping brains.

We not just believe in individualism?
That would not only make you happier, and you would not taking a 3yr career break in "finding yourself", it would probably wipe out racism as we know it, and we'd have a much better society.

A wise man once said something like this: "I used to pray for years, then one day while praying on my kneeds I realized that I was only praying to myself".

Ok, that's pretty sad to trust purely on knowledge - I assume you can back this 100% failure rate up with your 'knowledge' - or are you acting in 'faith' there? That must be some document.

However, let's flip this around....

What 'if' I am wrong? What have I lost? What have I missed out on? What difference has it made?

I am very happy, at peace, love people, want to help others and try to think of someone other than myself. I have a faith in something I cannot see, nor can I fathom. Yes, I crap things up - I make mistakes which carry moral consequences (humanistic if you like, but I will say 'biblical'). I have faith though that these mistakes are forgiven. My God asks me to help others, be pure, true and stop relying purely on what 'I can do'. Is that really that bad?

If I die and I was wrong, I have died happy and at peace. I've had a good balanced life.

Now let's say I am right (which naturally I believe I am)....

I die happy and at peace (same as above), yet gain eternal life.... Hmmmm - which one makes sense?

It only does not make sense if I want to go out of my way to be selfish, to not love others, to hate, to cause war, to love 'myself', to do dark deeds....

Go figure?

[edit on 10/1/10 by AlwaysQuestion]

[edit on 10/1/10 by AlwaysQuestion]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I agree. All I see within the Muslim and Christian faiths,more so in the Muslim,is confusion. Yet, both sides claim to have the "truth."

All I can say is that there are too many faiths and belief systems that claim to have the "truth." My rebuttal to all of them is simple. Look at the world we live in. Do any of you think that if there were a single belief system with the ULTIMATE TRUTH, which there isn't, the world would be in the pretty mess it currently is in? :shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join