It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political correctness angers me so much!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
dating.personals.yahoo.com...

Read this article. It makes me so mad.

If a man was to right an article like this about a women, it would probably be on national news for sexism.

Is there a conspiracy behind this, I have no idea, but this type of stuff being aloud makes me so mad. It's full of sexism toward men in many more ways than one.

I hope I don't sound to crazy, but stuff like this is one of my pet peeves. Stuff that says, "Hey, I can say this about you, but you had better not say that about me."

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ohh it makes me soo mad aswell seriously

There’s alot of hypocrisy out there man trust me it’s one story for some people on some things and another story for others.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

#4. Make him a sandwich

Asking your girlfriend to make you a sandwich makes you a bad boyfriend?

Some of the things in that article are just plain silly, no wonder divorce rates are through the roof. We don't stand a chance

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You consider this political correctness? Interesting.

I consider it a "spoiled girl" outlook on having a boyfriend. What would be some of the points in the shoe were on the other foot?

10 Things a Good Girlfriend Won't Ask You to Do:

1. Work on her car. She's got a job. Let her pay a mechanic to fix her means of transportation.

2. Play "Mr. Fixit" on her apartment. Contact the landlord. That's HIS job.

3. Pay for all their dates. See # 1.

This is a two way street. I'd be happy to make my husband a sandwich if he were involved in something else. And he would do whatever I asked him to do as well. THAT'S how to have a good relationship. BOTH give 100%. If you try to keep it at 50% for each, you're going to fail.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You consider this political correctness? Interesting.

I consider it a "spoiled girl" outlook on having a boyfriend. What would be some of the points in the shoe were on the other foot?

10 Things a Good Girlfriend Won't Ask You to Do:

1. Work on her car. She's got a job. Let her pay a mechanic to fix her means of transportation.

2. Play "Mr. Fixit" on her apartment. Contact the landlord. That's HIS job.

3. Pay for all their dates. See # 1.

This is a two way street. I'd be happy to make my husband a sandwich if he were involved in something else. And he would do whatever I asked him to do as well. THAT'S how to have a good relationship. BOTH give 100%. If you try to keep it at 50% for each, you're going to fail.

The political correctness here is that men can't make the same thing about women without being yelled at, and all the other nonsense that would come of it, but it's perfectly okay to make an article like this making all men sound like idiots , coach potatoes, and/or jerks. Sexism to men is the same as sexism to women.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I totally agree !! Damn feminisme !!

I believe a woman should stay home and see to the children and housekeeping.
Unless there are no children to look out for offcourse.

I think it's the main reason for our rotten society these days.
Woman walked away from a task nature intended them to do.

My God the arrogance !! They assume they know better then the about two million years of evolution leading up to their role in life.

Don't get me wrong !! I believe woman are much more important then men.
They are the center. The basis of our society.

They should be proud !! Instead of wanting to live like men.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I totally agree !! Damn feminisme !!

I believe a woman should stay home and see to the children and housekeeping.
Unless there are no children to look out for offcourse.

I think it's the main reason for our rotten society these days.
Woman walked away from a task nature intended them to do.

My God the arrogance !! They assume they know better then the about two million years of evolution leading up to their role in life.

Don't get me wrong !! I believe woman are much more important then men.
They are the center. The basis of our society.

They should be proud !! Instead of wanting to live like men.

I don't like sexism either. Women should have the same opportunities as men, but should not have special rights.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hey mate, don't get so het up and angry about this type of thing. Take a seat, put your feet up and ask your wife / girlfriend to get you a beer and some nibbles then iron your socks.

It is not political correctness per se, it is just patronising tat. Instead of getting angry just ignore it.

Regards

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Wy is it always "sexisme" when i say this.

Men and woman are different. The way they think, act, react, talk, shop and even driving a car. They are not men.

So wy act like them.

I wish i was female. I'd stay at home, take care of the kids or what ever.

Except for this opinion, i would never force, beat or stand in the way of her dreams.
They have every right to. Husband and wife should be a team. Always be supporting eachother.

I just don't get it ???

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Last time I had a live in girlfriend ask me to make her a sandwich I had to go to the store and buy the fixings. Got the dreaded and "while you are out pick me up a box of"

Naturally I tore a flap off the the open box in the bathroom, you know, the one that only had five missing from it, to be sure it was the right exact brand...blah, blah blah.

Brought everything home safe and sound in the right amount of time, although I did consider driving 3 towns away. Not because I was embarrassed of the extra purchase of the impromptu shopping trip but to make sure that it took too long so I would not be asked to do it again.

No, I did everything as it should have been done. And what of the torn cardboard flap? I did not throw it away but kept it in my coat pocket so I could pull it out at an inappropriate time (like women berating men for being louses) in front of all our friends and feign puzzlement over why it was there until I could announce its placement was left over when she had not planned things so well and I had to do something for her.

Oh sure there was a lot of her yelling at me that night, that is when I reminded her that I had many female friends over the years and knew all too well how to play the woman game of being a b**** all too well.

Guys, beat them at their own game using their rules. It is the only way to actually win. Beating them at our game is still a loss for us in their minds because of the difference in the rules.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
The political correctness here is that men can't make the same thing about women without being yelled at,

But aren't you (and some others)... with this thread... "yelling at" women? It sure seems that way to me. Man up.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have no problem with the feminist movement when it comes to equality. The problem is that it went too far and turned us men into "the bad sex". We supposedly "conspire" against women and are too macho, too bossy, paid too much, aren't gentlemen, demand too much, etc.... etc... etc....

The way I see it, some women take this way too far and expect things from us. Well here are a few things that I would say to the hardcore feminists :

You want to be completely equal to men?

1. If you can slap us and not go to jail, we can do it back.
2. If you can divorce, take the kids and 1/2 the money, we can do it too.
3. You want us to hold the door for you? You can do it for us sometimes too!
4. If you want to work like men, pay for things like men.
5. Yes you have to put up with being pregnant, but we have to put up with your psychological warfare before, during, and after it.

I just hate how for some women, we do something and it's not enough, we don't do something and we "missed the ball"... We men are now somewhat partially enslaved by the few women who seem to have all the rights and our concerns are just not important anymore as we are men; crude, animalistic, sex seeking, dumb men.

I'm so glad my wife doesn't think this way!

Peace,

Magnum

[EDIT] added the #5 point to the post

[edit on 10/1/9 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by Phlynx

Wy is it always "sexisme" when i say this.

Men and woman are different. The way they think, act, react, talk, shop and even driving a car. They are not men.

So wy act like them.

I wish i was female. I'd stay at home, take care of the kids or what ever.

Except for this opinion, i would never force, beat or stand in the way of her dreams.
They have every right to. Husband and wife should be a team. Always be supporting eachother.

I just don't get it ???

Couldn't help laughing at your typo, sorry...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
this is pretty sexist but woman do it all the time because us as men just take it on the chin where as woman in general cant and no woman has ever given me a wake up call it is the other way around and the crabitness i got for it was pretty bad so after that i just listend to the old saying(dont wake up grumpy leave her to the afternoon lol

top topics

join