It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Store Upgrade

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I want to buy ATS stuff with my points.

ATS Shirts, mugs, coozies etc. Get some advertisers to put up merchadise...ie magazine subscriptions, the list could be endless.

This is a goldmine opportunity. Our points could actually mean something!

Get to work! Let's get this going!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Good luck with that

You could maybe buy the merchandise with real money though

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

You would be surprised.

There are forums out there that actually sell TV's, plane tickets, Final Four Tickets, Restaurant gift cards, computers, roses, and much much more....all based on pts.

Get with it ATS!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Hmm well then come on then ATS

I want my free stuff now!

well i guess i'll "Pay" for it

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It's not a bad idea but for the fact that ...

People bitch and moan already about points and stars and other meaningless stuff ... imagine how it would be if these things had actual value.

Drama potential predictor: 11/10

And ...

I'm Darren.

@RA: There's a shop for ATS swag ... hit the "gear" linkie at the top of the page. All proceeds go to the mod rehabilitation fund.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

@RA: There's a shop for ATS swag ... hit the "gear" linkie at the top of the page. All proceeds go to the mod rehabilitation fund.

Im on it!! You can count on me

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Hmm well then come on then ATS

I want my free stuff now!

well i guess i'll "Pay" for it

ATS makes money off Advertisers. Advertisers make money off ATS.

It's all about making a deal!

Yes...you will pay for it. With hard earned pts!

It's a goldmine, if it is worked right!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

They could at least put ball caps and coffee mugs on the store.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

They do have mugs and hats in the ATS store, aswell as t-shirts and buttons etc.

EDIT: click on gear at the top and you can see them

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I really cant believe how attitudes change with the prospect of free stuff, most of the corperations and companies that would participate in deals such as the ones you are talking about are the very corperations we openly critisize for their overbearing power and the attitudes they encourage.

ATS is a forum for people to discuss things, openly that dont get MSM coverage, and most importantly we do it free from all but the basic of censorship (based soley on common decency).

I joined ATS to discuss and learn more about the subjects that consistantly get disregarded, ignored and brushed aside, not to gain points in order to redeme them for stuff, if i wanted that i'd just get a facebook application.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yes but wouldn't it be great if that stuff was available for purchase with points?

Get some advertisers to put up merchandise also, and the ATS store would attract many more members, advertisers, and everyone would be happy!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yes that would be nice there’s no doubt about it but I don’t really care about getting FREE stuff I came here to this site because of the knowledge that you learn and the great mind bending discussion.

Not merchandise

But if you want to try and make it happen then go for it and good luck with it

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

While it's in an interesting idea, I foresee an increase in one liners, off topic drivel and what not just so a member can get enough points for a mug or ball cap.

That's my two ATS points, I mean cents.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
All proceeds go to the mod rehabilitation fund.

For just 30 pts a day these mods can go on to lead long a fruitful lives on the plains of Oklahoma. 30 pts. That is less than the drunken midnight ramblings of some of members. Just imagine, for 30 pts a day you can feel the thrill of making a difference when you view the before and after photos of your mod as he or she enjoys life without having to worry about which thread will explode in personal attacks and can peacefully enjoy reading subjects without the stress of deciding if it was content worthy.

And if you act now, we will throw in one of our lovely yellow PTS logo Messenger bags so everyone can ask you why you have promotional material for a website that has long since been retired.

[/sally struthers voice over]

Honestly the ATS points do have some (although reduced) value in that they were spent for things that have become outgrown such as low bandwidth connections, the ability to have an additional 250 U2U's and so on.

Perhaps with the 2010 site redesign such outmoded vanity things will be removed. However I can see the threads now of "What happened to all my lovely ATS Points?" in which we just might need a mod rehabilitation fund for all the headaches.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Free????? Nothing is free!

Running a website takes adverisers to make a profit.

The more members you have, the more advertisers are likely to pay money to advertise on your site.

If you are a contributor to this site, you make ATS money.

If this was run right, it wouldn't cost ATS a dime. The members would benefit, ATS would benefit, and advertisers would jump all over it knowing they would benefit too.

It's very noble to announce that you are here for free seeking information, but imagine if that information you are seeking could actually net you something....anything! Not just an extra signature under your user name.........

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Eurisko2012

They do have mugs and hats in the ATS store, aswell as t-shirts and buttons etc.

EDIT: click on gear at the top and you can see them

No. I mean the ATS points Store.
10,000 points and you get a Free Coffee Cup!
Sounds good to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

While it's in an interesting idea, I foresee an increase in one liners, off topic drivel and what not just so a member can get enough points for a mug or ball cap.

More work for the mods.....oh oh.....If the mods had to vote on this, I guess it will never happen....

Of course with a venture like this, I am sure a reevaluation of pts distribution and reduction would take place.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If ATS were to offer the ability to buy points, while restricting what you are awarded points for, then I can see that as a viable idea.

Personally, I'd like to see some of these sites that offer television sets in exchange for points. Usually, they have some sort of sponsorship that allows them to do so.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

In that instance, we could simply apply a character minimum for points could we not? I mean I don't know how complicated such a thing would be, but probably not very much.

The more contributing your post or posts, the more points you get, none for one liners and BS remarks.

I do like the idea of getting ATS merchandise, if nothing else it would be a great way to promote the website without actually spending any money promoting it.

Or we could visit Zazzle and make your own

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
If ATS were to offer the ability to buy points, while restricting what you are awarded points for, then I can see that as a viable idea.

Personally, I'd like to see some of these sites that offer television sets in exchange for points. Usually, they have some sort of sponsorship that allows them to do so.

store.sbrpicks.com...

Of course they have sponsors....they are called advertisers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join