posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
Yet another top of something list here although some of these actually gave me a good laugh aswell
1) In Samoa, it’s a crime to forget your own wife’s birthday
2) In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is considered “simple assault,” but biting someone with your dentures is
3) In the state of Washington, it is illegal to have sex with a virgin under any circumstances.
4) In Switzerland, it is illegal for a man to relieve himself while standing up after 10pm.
5) In Florida, it is illegal to fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.
6) In Massachusetts, it is illegal to go to bed without first having a bath. (However, another law prohibits bathing on Sunday)
7) In Jidda, Saudi Arabia, women were banned from using hotel swimming pools in 1979.
8) In Athens, Greece, a driver’s license can be taken away if the driver is thought to be either “poorly dressed” or “unbathed”
9) In Calgary Alberta, there is still a by-law that requires businesses within the city to provide rails for tying up horses.
10) In Wilbur, Washington, it is illegal to ride an ugly horse.
11) In California it is illegal to set a mouse trap without a hunting license.
12) In France, it is against the law to sell an “E.T” doll. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces.
13) In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is: Death.
14) In Danville, Pennsylvania, all fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.
15) In Pennsylvania, it’s against the law to tie a dollar bill on a string on the ground and pull it away when someone tries to pick it
16) In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog.
17) In California it is illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour.
18) In Florida men seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown can be fined.
19) In South Carolina it is legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
20) In Salt Lake County, Utah, it’s illegal to walk down the street carrying a violin in a paper bag.
21) England: The head of any dead whale found on the coast of Britain is legally the property of the King. On the other hand, the tail belongs
to the Queen.
22) Kentucky: It is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.
23) Florida: An elephant tied to a parking meter must pay the regular parking fee.
24) Belvedere, USA: No dog shall appear in public without its master on a leash.
25) Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know,
though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.
26) Oklahoma: If dogs wish to congregate in groups of three or more on a private property, they need to obtain a permit which must be signed
by the Mayor.
27) Idaho: It is illegal for a man to present a box of chocolates to his girlfriend if it weighs anything less than 50 pounds.
28) Hong Kong: A betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband’s
lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.
29) Los Angeles: While committing a bank robbery, it is illegal to shoot the teller with a water pistol.
30) Blythe, California: A person must own at least two cows before he can be permitted to wear cowboy boots in public.
31) Santa Cruz, Bolivia: It is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.
32) Thailand: It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.
33) Israel: If you have been maintaining an illegal radio station for five or more years, the station becomes legal.
34) Denmark: Before starting the car, the driver is required to check lights, brakes, steering and honk the horn. He also needs to make a
visual check to make sure there are no children underneath the car.
35) Australia: It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the
tools of a cat burglar.
36) England: It is illegal for a male to urinate in public. It is allowed only if the person aims for the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and
his right hand is on the vehicle at all the time.
37) York, England: It is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow, except on Sundays.
38) In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.
39) Canada: If you are released from prison, it is required that you are given a handgun with bullets and a horse, so you can ride out of
40) England: A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself absolutely anywhere she wants; even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.